Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

XxMidigamixX 10-26-2011 09:53 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3557687)
What bugged you about it? You don't really need a reason for a ++ anyways... the ++ says it all.

but it needs to stand out...a picture of the earth blowing up is not enough lmfao.

ninjaKIWI 10-26-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX (Post 3557692)
but it needs to stand out...a picture of the earth blowing up is not enough lmfao.

What? It needs to stand out? I don't know what you're saying. Go on about how GOOD the file is, and which portions were the best? A waste of time. The ++ says everything that needs to be said.

psychoangel691 10-26-2011 09:55 PM

You know what, I'm tired of this whole "so and so shouldn't be a judge" "this person should be a judge" "if you can't do this or that you shouldn't judge" etc, etc. Frankly NONE of us are perfect judges. Every single one of us has made a mistake while judging before. Kommi made his mistakes too. It seems that no matter what happens or who judges, no one will ever be happy.

This batch had to be one of the highest acceptance rates we've had in a batch and STILL people are complaining.

Let me ask something, how many of you would want to play a song that's 3+ minutes long and was pretty much the same thing over and over and over again. Most of you would find that boring no? But if we point that out technically it can be considered subjective but frankly I don't think the majority of the community would want to play something like that. I think it's fair to say that most of us try our best to be as objective as possible, and I'm fine with things not being perfect, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

DossarLX ODI 10-26-2011 09:56 PM

I'll just throw this in about the "++ saying it all":

The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

samurai7694 10-26-2011 09:57 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ninjaKIWI 10-26-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3557695)
You know what, I'm tired of this whole "so and so shouldn't be a judge" "this person should be a judge" "if you can't do this or that you shouldn't judge" etc, etc. Frankly NONE of us are perfect judges. Every single one of us has made a mistake while judging before. Kommi made his mistakes too. It seems that no matter what happens or who judges, no one will ever be happy.

This batch had to be one of the highest acceptance rates we've had in a batch and STILL people are complaining.

I don't think you really read what happened. Nobody was complaining. That all started from LJ saying "I vote Kommisar for judging".

psychoangel691 10-26-2011 09:58 PM

++ is like supposed to be reserved for something that's immaculate or like something unique that impressed the judges. No offense to bob bob at all but when I saw the chart it seemed fairly generic to me and had mistakes in it. So there are quite a few people questioning why it was ++ed by two people since we aren't supposed to give them out lightly.

From the op

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3393299)
[++] [Strong Accept, 5/5] Reserved for real masterpieces or flawless files, rare rating. Same as [+] for the purposes of acceptance, but you will get bonus points if your file gets this rating from 2 or more judges.

EDIT: Ninja, it still started up a whole thing about who should or shouldn't be judging. The fact is nobody will ever be perfect with it. All we can try to do is make it a little better each batch. There's a whole new system being used for the hard songs batch so lets see how that goes.

TC_Halogen 10-26-2011 10:05 PM

I've showed the file to three other judges, and they disagreed with the ratings entirely.

I vented to Silvuh about it after the fact and he felt bad because he would have noticed the same exact mistakes that I did and the file would have more than likely not made it. You can get upset at my reasoning all you want, but look at bob bob - when I outright said it in the thread that I didn't agree with the ratings, he laughed it off - perhaps he didn't expect the incredibly inflated ratings given to him.

It bugs me very much that a file like THAT is getting a 15+. The thing that bugs me even more is that JX said to use the [+] (or higher) ratings a bit more sparingly, and not everyone listened. So, here I am, looking like a jerk for giving harsh ratings when I'm doing what I was told.

I could vent forever, honestly.

qqwref 10-26-2011 10:10 PM

You know what, I'm tired of this whole "so and so isn't a good file" "this file should be in FFR" "if you can't do this or that you shouldn't step" etc, etc. Frankly NONE of us make perfect files. Every single one of us has made a mistake while stepping before. Kommi made his mistakes too. It seems that no matter what song you choose or who steps it, no one will ever be happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3557695)

What are you talking about ?_?

psychoangel691 10-26-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3557706)
You know what, I'm tired of this whole "so and so isn't a good file" "this file should be in FFR" "if you can't do this or that you shouldn't step" etc, etc. Frankly NONE of us make perfect files. Every single one of us has made a mistake while stepping before. Kommi made his mistakes too. It seems that no matter what song you choose or who steps it, no one will ever be happy.

What are you talking about ?_?

When exactly have I ever gone on about a file having to be perfect to go in game? I'm one of the people who was against the harsh judging.

TC_Halogen 10-26-2011 10:41 PM

I'm so sorry that you're getting upset at me for pointing out obvious errors that no one else did. I'm also so sorry for advocating some sort of better quality control.

I'll start here - honestly, it's absolutely pathetic that sync errors typically don't get caught, and it's even more annoying that some people are saying that it should be allowed to have minor offset errors. Nothing is being done to fix these offsets unless it's ridiculously off, and no one wants to normalize sync (or audio, for that matter), or alternatively, give a person CAPABLE of fixing sync the means to do it. I'm not going through flasm or whatever the hell to guess and check sync, nor do I feel like it's necessary to convert files a million times to get the right offset.

Files have been going in game with poor sync, and overall, file sync is inconsistent as a whole. No one wants to go out of their way to do it -- I've offered multiple times but I don't have the means to do this because I don't have the files to fix up. I can get the recent batch and redo sync, but I still have absolutely no way to communicate with anyone, not to mention it's absolutely pointless because no one ever seems to care. It took me a lot of persistence just to get a single file uploaded to the engine with proper sync. I'm so sick of people acting like they're upset about something for reasons that are absolutely irrelevant. I'm not advocating elitism, and I'm not forcing a particular style. I'm advocating quality and consistency.

EDIT:
Quote:

You know what, I'm tired of this whole "so and so isn't a good file" "this file should be in FFR" "if you can't do this or that you shouldn't step" etc, etc. Frankly NONE of us make perfect files. Every single one of us has made a mistake while stepping before.
and I'm sorry but when in the hell did ANYONE mention that? I pointed out that I found multiple errors in the chart and you're taking it as me saying I'm telling people how to chart?

who_cares973 10-26-2011 10:59 PM

I'm a perfect judge

TC_Halogen 10-26-2011 11:32 PM

think: I'm showing them errors based off of their own intention based off of what I can see - when it's incredibly obvious that something was left out, then I'm going to point it out, and if a person disagrees with me, then they are entitled to appeal with me, tell me what they were trying to do, and I'll level with them

hi19hi19 10-27-2011 01:02 AM

The hell is this drama again ?_?

Dunno about you guys but I figured out a loooong time ago that this game is full of subjectivemanias and everyone's going to have opinions...
If you got a problem with judging, mention it privately instead of shitting in the batch discussion thread.

FFR really bad at taking it easy or something, unbunch your panties it's a goddamn game

nois-or-e 10-27-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3557790)
...mention it privately instead of shitting in the batch discussion thread.

Smartest post in this thread yet.

TC_Halogen 10-27-2011 01:50 AM

cool so let's keep the problem closed within a small group rather than presenting it to people who might have a legitimate thing to say about it

if people don't have a legitimate contribution, then they shouldn't post - it's even worse when someone who rarely even comes into this thread and decides that their word is law - oh wait you're staff so I guess that makes you right, cool.

people who don't know what they're talking about really need to keep their mouths shut -- honestly, while the argument between qqwref and me was slightly heated, it was more relevant than the last two posts in this thread and it discussed a legitimate issue, so if you think that's stupid, then that's on you

hi19hi19 10-27-2011 02:02 AM

My point was not that the topic being discussed was stupid, but rather the manner in which it was being discussed.
I don't see how getting slightly heated benefits any of us- that attitude should be taken privately. If it's posted publicly it should be mannered.

I realize I'm basically backseat modding and not entirely helping... regardless, the point was worth making. I'll stop now.

bob bob 10-27-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX (Post 3557692)

Trust me its a good file :wink:

Although to be honest i was not expecting it to get accepted, let alone 15++...

Choofers 10-27-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3557136)
I really have to second this, his notes are very weird

hate to break it to you, but your files suck