Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I'm old. Anywhere I could obtain some of the legacy music? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147857)

Coolgamer 07-6-2017 11:18 PM

I'm old. Anywhere I could obtain some of the legacy music?

Check my join date. I joined FFR WAY back in the day, before even purchased and secret songs were a thing.

I remember there used to be a download section for music that the artists were okay with sharing.

Skellybones, Salad For Your Tuesday, Euphoria, Get on the Move, AIM Anthem... I'm positive there were versions of these for download. They were probably 128 kbps, but whatever.

I know I'm not imagining this because I have a cd with some of the songs burned.

Any chance I might be able to nab those files again?

Note: Not asking for anything commercial. It would be nice to have links to where people could buy each song at some point. Right now this is someone that's almost 30 hoping to revive some memories while out on the go.

rushyrulz 07-7-2017 02:54 AM

Re: I'm old. Anywhere I could obtain some of the legacy music?

Nope.

Permission granted to FFR is predicated on the fact that we do not and will not release in-game content. The simfile database (FFR Resonance) was a breach of this and therefore no longer exists.

If such a system existed in the past where you could download these songs that were OKed by the artists, it is no more. There may still be an off-chance that the artists provide access to the music on their respective websites.

Tia- 07-7-2017 05:08 AM

Here is the permission list.

The Artist links under the blanket permissions should link you to their respective wikia page.
From there in most cases you should be able to find a link to an appropriate source (soundcloud, newgrounds, etc).

Goodluck.

nanaca 07-7-2017 12:34 PM

This will most likely be the only post from me ever but I just wanted to say Im old too and played this game really long time ago :)

Coolgamer 07-9-2017 01:05 AM

Now begins the long long process of sending emails and hunting people down.

Some have vanished from the internet (aim anthem's maker along with Skellybones-Analog Boy. No valid contacts found.) some have no working emails (Digital Explosion seems to have no valid contact info, as i've tried three emails that errored back.)

It's to be expected honestly given the time that's passed, but it's still rather sad.

TheSaxRunner05 07-9-2017 01:31 AM

Might not be legit, but if you can't track someone down, you could always record the audio off your own computer speakers.

Tia- 07-9-2017 01:34 AM

or a capture program.

Wayward Vagabond 07-9-2017 03:25 AM

i stepped aim anthem and have the song so i could hook you up there. about the other songs though it might be a bit harder to find them. i'll see what i can find for the rest. i'm pretty sure some of those songs got v2's stepped while i was judging so i might be able to find something.

DossarLX ODI 07-9-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolgamer (Post 4568563)
Skellybones, Salad For Your Tuesday, Euphoria, Get on the Move, AIM Anthem... I'm positive there were versions of these for download. They were probably 128 kbps, but whatever.

Jewpinthethird/Patt.22

Antinomie

When it comes to other artists like Analog Boy and Digital Explosion, not sure. DJ Aerogroove also doesn't have his old tracks anymore (AIM Anthem 2 was apparently some sort of remake of AIM Anthem but completely with AIM sounds only).

rushyrulz 07-9-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4569126)
Might not be legit, but if you can't track someone down, you could always record the audio off your own computer speakers.

Coolgamer 07-9-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4569130)
i stepped aim anthem and have the song so i could hook you up there. about the other songs though it might be a bit harder to find them. i'll see what i can find for the rest. i'm pretty sure some of those songs got v2's stepped while i was judging so i might be able to find something.

Yeah, I'm basically looking for any of the older stuff at this point, the ones I listed are just ones I know were public at some point. AIM Anthem would be killer though since it's literally impossible to find otherwise.

I've got the ones I had on cd ripped, sadly Salad For Your Tuesday failed the checksum test in Exact Audio Copy.

I'm in touch with the artist for that one though. Also reached Antinomie, he didn't even remember this game.

I'm surprised Digital Explosion is almost impossible to contact given they kinda hit it big with ITG and other projects.

It would take a while, but it would be nice to have a guide or links in the wiki to where everything can be purchased or obtained. Would help everyone support artists as well.

As for ripping from the game... no thanks, bad quality and transcoding. I'd rather be legit if possible.

TheSaxRunner05 07-9-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4569158)

Haha

I considered it a worst case scenario

Glad you've found what you have so far