Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Depression/drugs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148599)

Shodzzy 12-22-2017 12:00 AM

Depression/drugs

aa

Funnygurl555 12-22-2017 12:00 AM

Re: Depression/drugs

wanna talk on pm's dude

Shodzzy 12-22-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4602748)
wanna talk on pm's dude

If you're up to it. I don't think you'd like to hear me ramble on, though.

Funnygurl555 12-22-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4602749)
If you're up to it. I don't think you'd like to hear me ramble on, though.

yeah i'm down. hit me

Shodzzy 12-22-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4602750)
yeah i'm down. hit me

Alright sure, gimme a few minutes

thank you, btw.

Tarrik 12-22-2017 05:11 AM

Hey mate. I would recommend talking to friends or family if that's an option. Other than that, I also would suggest going to headspace. They helped me a fair bit too. Exercise is also helpful, music, good food, etc. All basic bs answers that i can give you. I wish there was a magic cure but there isn't. I'm 26 myself and have been depressed since 16. I wish one day i could just wake up and have it be "fixed", but the reality of the matter is..It wont happen. Just try to live day by day and keep your mind occupied. You're always welcome to give me a PM or message me some other way if needed. I can always lend an ear.

Shodzzy 12-22-2017 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrik (Post 4602763)
Hey mate. I would recommend talking to friends or family if that's an option. Other than that, I also would suggest going to headspace. They helped me a fair bit too. Exercise is also helpful, music, good food, etc. All basic bs answers that i can give you. I wish there was a magic cure but there isn't. I'm 26 myself and have been depressed since 16. I wish one day i could just wake up and have it be "fixed", but the reality of the matter is..It wont happen. Just try to live day by day and keep your mind occupied. You're always welcome to give me a PM or message me some other way if needed. I can always lend an ear.

I agree with mostly everything you've said there, but friends and family don't understand my struggle. The only person who really has gone through what I have, is my mum. I exercise once every 2 days for 3 hours, I eat pretty decently (but it could be better), I listen to tons of music as well. I think i've already accepted that reality is cruel and harsh and it can only get worse. But if I need to survive per say, I need to suck it up I guess lol. I can talk to you if thats what you really want if you think it'd help me, thanks dude :)

Tarrik 12-22-2017 06:55 AM

You're more than welcome to chat with me mate.

Shodzzy 12-22-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrik (Post 4602765)
You're more than welcome to chat with me mate.

Aight thanks g. I'll catch up with you in the morning (midnight for me atm) and we'll chat about.. well, that. lol. Have you had any experience with this sort of thing?

Tarrik 12-22-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4602769)
Aight thanks g. I'll catch up with you in the morning (midnight for me atm) and we'll chat about.. well, that. lol. Have you had any experience with this sort of thing?

I have indeed had experience with abusing drugs to escape my feelings and family not entirely understanding depression and how it works. Looking forward to our talk in the morning :)

Dynam0 12-22-2017 11:02 AM

The best way to mitigate pain is to draw the brain's attention to something else. Drugs are a good short-lived way of achieving this but they have diminishing returns and the after effects often outweigh the positives (serotonin syndrome etc.).

Are you sleeping enough and at the same times every night? Try to get into a normal schedule, it's super super important. I can remember not having a job for a year and my sleep schedule was messed up...I lost all motivation to do anything and had this "why bother" attitude about life. Sleep is an easy thing to start with.

Having a goal to work towards, even something as small as doing the dishes can go a long way. Continue this for a few days giving it a serious try and you should notice change. Eventually you will enjoy the feeling of completing things and it will motivate you to go and do things, rather than have a fear of failing or no motivation to try.

Cold Kitten 12-22-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4602775)
Having a goal to work towards, even something as small as doing the dishes can go a long way. Continue this for a few days giving it a serious try and you should notice change. Eventually you will enjoy the feeling of completing things and it will motivate you to go and do things, rather than have a fear of failing or no motivation to try.

this is good advice. this is what i always try to do. it doesn't always work, but even the small things are big things when it's near impossible to do anything

Tarrik 12-22-2017 05:22 PM

I've noticed that having a good sleeping pattern does definitely help. Dynam0 is spot on. I used to be a night owl myself but I've got into the habit of getting up by around 8 AM every day and typically stream. I've been tracking my mood with an app called Daylio for 369 days in a row now (Highly recommend this app) and you can see a pretty big difference this month due to sleeping pattern, mostly.

This month has been great. The drops in mood are due to getting sick or whatever. Not mentally related. If you get the app, be honest with it. Set a time for it to pop up on your phone before you sleep. Don't think too hard. Think of the best thing that happened in your day and then think of the worst. Does the best outweigh the worst? Etc.

Looking forward to PM'ing you soon mate.

Spenner 12-22-2017 07:21 PM

Thank you for introducing me to that app Tarrik! I'm sad I hadn't heard of it/known to download it sooner.

Shodzzy I'm sure it's pretty obvious but the drugs you're abusing aren't doing you any good in the long term. If you convince your body that it needs a drug to distract you, recovery is going to be that much harder. I just hope you're not taking MDMA with the antidepressants :X please be careful!

I have a lot of experience abusing and quitting addictive drugs, please message me if you want to share stories and talk about what's going on more specifically. I really do care about you, stranger :) depression is a lifelong battle of maintenance and self improvement, I'm learning lots about myself every day. Yesterday I wanted to kill myself, but today I had a great day. It's exhausting! But if you are careful and methodical about this, with discipline, you can increase the length and richness of your good days.

I still crave having drugs every single day, but I know that such a path is something I must never walk down again. Nearly dying on many occasions and all in all making my condition so much worse in the long run... I hope you want to get better, it is worth it.

FirstMaple8 12-22-2017 09:59 PM

talk to a professional.

rayword45 12-22-2017 10:20 PM

Life is bad but rn it is good wee

Shodzzy 12-24-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstMaple8 (Post 4602940)
talk to a professional.

It's not that easy dude. I already said not one person who I'vve talked to in real life has listened, that's why I reached out on here because I know there's been a few people who have had the same thoughts as I.

SICKOVENOMOUS 01-5-2018 11:53 PM

Listen to music and hang around people with cool vibes bro. Try eating healthy narly food. Ik it's a late reply owo, but i hope u feel better dude. weeew heeeweeee

Shodzzy 01-6-2018 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SICKOVENOMOUS (Post 4604296)
Listen to music and hang around people with cool vibes bro. Try eating healthy narly food. Ik it's a late reply owo, but i hope u feel better dude. weeew heeeweeee

I've actually been better since I posted this. I have a few bongs every now and then but other then that, I don't take anything. My depression has gotten better as well. Thanks for the nice responses guys!

L.B.D.D 01-6-2018 05:41 PM

get off the computer