Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2 (Round 6 in Progress) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148564)

reuben_tate 12-9-2017 03:56 PM

Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2 (Round 6 in Progress)

Introducing,

Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rate Tourney #2: Gotta Go Fast~

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4606231)

(Blame Xel. Although I told Xel "to make them suffer", so you can blame me too)
Round 6

Song Name: grind2
Max # of Goods: 81
Min Raw Score: 41875

~Enjoy~

Round 6 ends Sunday, 1/28/2018 10PM server time

(Flap your flippers to the beat! (^)>~)
Round 5

Song Name: When Penguins Fly
Max # of Goods: 22
Min Raw Score: 39850

~Enjoy~

Round 5 ends Sunday, 1/21/2018 10PM server time

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4604398)

(You can start blaming Xel again for the song choice this time~)
Round 4
Round 4 ends Saturday, 1/13/2018 10PM server time
(Round 3 submissions will be accepted until 1/9/2018, 10PM server time without penalty)

Song Name: Cirno's Perfect Math Class
Max # of Goods: 45
Min Raw Score: 60,825

~Enjoy~

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4603690)

(You can blame me for the song choice this time~)
Round 3
Round 3 ends Saturday, 1/6/2018 Tuesday, 1/9/2018, 10PM server time
(Round 2 submissions will be accepted until 1/2/2018, 10PM server time without penalty)

Song Name: Fill Me Up With Snacky Happiness
Max # of Goods: 39
Min Raw Score: 41,375

~Enjoy~

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4603065)

(As always, blame Xel for the song choices~)
Round 2
(Round 2 ends Saturday, 12/30/2017, 10PM server time Tuesday, 1/2/2018, 10PM server time)
(Round 1 submissions will be accepted until 12/26, 10PM server time without penalty)

Song Name: Haruka
Max # of Goods: 36
Min Raw Score: 30,100

~Enjoy~

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4601881)

(We're starting a little early here folks~)
Round 1
(Round 1 and Signups end Saturday, 12/23, 10PM server time)

Song Name: Happy Happy Shining Star!! [Light]
Max # of Goods: 22
Min Raw Score: 21,650

~Enjoy~

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4602680)
SPON CON!!! (Concluded)

For those looking for something else to do while Round 1 is still on-going, we have a fun little Spon(taneous) Con(test) for all of you! Note that this Spon Con is optional and has no bearings on your standing in the tournament; it is just a fun little activity to snag some ffr credits :)

For this Spon Con, we want you to play Excite Bike...on 0.1x rate! Yes, that's a slow rate which means the song will be longer, but luckily Excite Bike is a relatively short file :) The first 10 people to post a AAA score on Excite Bike on 0.1x rate will receive 2,500 credits.

Spreadsheet Link Here

What is this all about?
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been involved with the site (too much adulting in the way). Anyways, it seems there's been a decline in user-run tournaments as of late and I thought some people would be itching to have some fun playing the game again!

Last time, I ran a rates tournament (with the help of Xelnya) and I'm hoping to bring you guys yet another rates tournament! The rules/formats have changed considerably since last time to hopefully make the tournament more enjoyable so please take the time to read the details below!

How do I register?
Simply post in the thread that you would like to participate! You may register at any time between now and the end of the first round.

How will this tournament work?
1) This is an culmulative style tournament with 6 rounds. The existence of divisions will be determined on the number of participants.
2) At the start of each round, the name of the round's file and a randomly generated integer X between the value of 10 and 100 will be posted.
3) You will play the file on the highest rate possible while trying to get at most X goods. Misses/Averages/Boos are also ok as long as your raw score is equivalent to X goods or less.
4) For the purposes of scoring, your rate IS your score. Any score that has more than the equivalent of X goods will be given a score of zero.
5) Rates must be in 0.05 increments. If your rate is not divisible by 0.05, we will round your rate DOWN to the nearest 0.05.
6) At the end of the tournament, for each participant we will sum up their best score from each round. The participant with the highest sum in each division wins!

How do submissions work?
1) Submissions will be via screenshot submissions. After you finish the file, take a screenshot of the result, making sure to include your username and timestamp. Afterwards, post your submission in the thread.
2) Replays are not a valid form of submission.
3) You may submit as many times as you want during the duration of the round in an attempt to improve your score. Your best score for that round will be taken when determining your final score for that round.

Cheating?
Don't.

What division will I be placed in?
Due to the general amount of activity this site has these days...I am worried about not having enough participants. If there are enough participants, divisions will be determined as given in the next paragraph. Otherwise, the tournament will be a single division tournament (although we will have suitable participation prizes for those that stick around to the end).

For preliminary placements, we will use the FFR leaderboards here in order to place you. Based on your levelranks/replays/etc, we reserve the right to move you to another division we feel is more appropriate if need be.

Credits/Prizes
We will be starting off the tournament with 250,000 credits. We will happily accept donations of both the credit and non-credit variety. We will add your contribution to the list once we have received it. Credit distributions will be determined at the end of the tournament. Also, since this tournament is officially backed, we will also be giving out event token prizes to the winners! See below more information regarding tokens.

Donations
To donate, go to the "Play FFR" tab in the upper-right hand corner, click "credit shop", and on the top of the page should be a form to donate credits. Just put my username "reuben_tate", your donation amount, and an optional message .

Gir - 500,000 <333333333333333333333
Pizza69 - 320,558 <3333333333
yo man im awesome - 300,000 <3333333333
FFR Events - 260,771<333333
reuben_tate (initial prize pot) - 250,000 <333333
HardstyleLover - 100,000 <33333
juckter1 - 100,000 <33333
SoFast - 100,000 <33333
LeftyRighty - 100,000 <33333
evil smoke - 87,516 <3333
SK8R43 - 71,206 <3333
TheToaphster - 50,000 <333
Kawaii025 - 50,000 <333
TheLegendofPie - 50,000 <333
Precarious - 50,000 <333
PhantomPuppy - 30,000 <33
RenegadeLucien - 15,937 <3
ositzxz369 - 13,352 <3
-Blue7- - 3703 <3
TheFFRPerson - 300 <3
Shodzzy - 100 <3

Total Prize Pot:2,453,443 credits!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4602627)
TOKENS! :D

I just wanted to make an announcement regarding token prizes. Thanks to rushyrulz and the FFR Event Staff, our tournament has been given official backing. Their backing includes an additional 250,000 credits and some token prizes for the winners.

Who will win the tokens?
For divisions with at least 5 players, first place winners will receive a token of their choice (more info below). For divisions with at least 10 players, first and second place winners will receive a token of their choice. With that said, here is a quick breakdown with what that means for each division:
D7 - token of choice for 1st and 2nd place
D6 - token of choice for 1st and 2nd place
D5 - token of choice for 1st place
(we're expecting to have at least 5 people in D5 after divisions are finalized)
D4 - token of choice for 1st and 2nd place
D3 - there's only one person in this division so they will be absorbed into either D2 or D4
D2 - token of choice for 1st place
D1 - token of choice for 1st place

What tokens can I pick?
You can pick amongst the following tokens. Only 1st place winners may select the bolded tokens.
-The Wises Were Wrong
-FREEDOM DiVE

-Dendrite v2
-Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix]
-Tell v3 (Extended Mix)
-Touhou Judgment in the Sixtieth Year
-The Bridgeport Run
-Bedtime Story

What if I'm awarded a token but have them all already?
You'll be rewarded with 50,000 credits instead.

Late Scores
We will allow people to submit late scores with a penalty of -0.11x per round that the score is late. Late scores must be submitted before the end of the final round to be eligible for participation prizes.

Song Choices
For each round, a song from the difficulty ranges listed below will be picked.
Round 1: 1-30
Round 2: 31-50
Round 3: 51-65
Round 4: 66-75
Round 5: 76-85
Round 6: 86-95

Questions/Concerns
Any questions about the tournament can be sent either myself (reuben_tate) via PM. Alternatively, you can post in the thread as well and I'll respond appropriately.

Participant list (Currently: 58)

11brendon
PrawnSkunk
Walrusizer
One Winged Angel
ositzxz369
Pizza69
mrpreggers
Fantasticone
Tarrik
-Blue7-
rushyrulz
axith
MikeShinoda12345
supermoe1985
RenegadeLucien
Kawaii025
llNeputell
TheToaphster
Deamerai
TheLegendofPie
Precarious
Andrew WCY
HardstyleLover
Shodzzy
Zoobin4
Charmoeleon
Hakulyte
Gir
Mr54supernoob
Seoulslayer
DarkZtar
sickufully
DDRNSTPMGMX
storn42
juckter1
Moria
suicidaln00b
CauZe
Ribin Shwavos
DDR_Anna
Soundwave-
FirstMaple8
awein999
SoFast
beary605
-paexaea-
sherellegirl
iSquishy
Elmerz
prongsie
Deidara837
Viisbyxa
Aldarole
botchi246
ShadowDueler97
yo man im awesome
LeftyRighty
Funnygurl555

Walrusizer 12-9-2017 04:25 PM

Re: Benguin's Rates Tourney #2

i would desire to participate in this fancy occurance

PrawnSkunk 12-9-2017 04:38 PM

Absolutely in.

11brendon 12-9-2017 04:40 PM

count me in

reuben_tate 12-9-2017 04:46 PM

Thanks for signing up! I see some folks viewing the thread...keep those signups coming! (^)>

One Winged Angel 12-9-2017 04:52 PM

will play if rates no longer massively lagspike on this laptop

I'm not certain if that's the case but the engine's been updated a few times since I've last tried rates so I'm hoping it might no longer be an issue

ositzxz369 12-9-2017 05:15 PM

When you say "play the file on the highest rate possible", does this mean I get to choose the song rate (like 1.2x, 2.0x, etc)? Would I be forced to disqualify myself if there is no other participants at my division? Also, what does "donations of non-credit variety" include?

reuben_tate 12-9-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4600527)
When you say "play the file on the highest rate possible", does this mean I get to choose the song rate (like 1.2x, 2.0x, etc)? Would I be forced to disqualify myself if there is no other participants at my division? Also, what does "donations of non-credit variety" include?

Thanks for asking!

When I say "play the file on the highest rate possible", you get to choose the song rate you play at. For example, if Round 1 was Excite Bike and the threshold was 10 goods, then you will play Excite Bike and try to find the fastest rate you can possibly complete Excite Bike at while still getting under 10 goods. You can keep playing and re-submitting as many times as needed, so for example, if you post a score of Excite Bike with 8 goods at 1.6x speed, try to see if you can get under 10 goods on 1.65x speed, etc. Also note that as the tournament progresses, the files will become more difficult, so it may become necessary for some players to play on a rate that's lower than 1.0x in order to complete the song with the given threshold for goods.

As for divisions, I'll create divisions if there are enough participants to warrant them. If I do create divisions, I'll be sure to create the division boundaries in a way that each division has a suitable number of people.

By donations of the credit-variety, I'm talking about FFR credits. As for donations of the non-credit variety, it could be anything. It can be a tangible or an intangible good or a service (in the past, some people would create avatars or profile backgrounds/designs for people).

Hope that answers your questions!

Pizza69 12-9-2017 06:44 PM

this sounds pretty sick (and i can actually play rates now) so i'm in

mrpreggers 12-9-2017 06:58 PM

i'm in baby

Fantasticone 12-9-2017 07:15 PM

In.

Tarrik 12-9-2017 07:15 PM

I'm in.

-Blue7- 12-9-2017 08:06 PM

i sir would like to join :v

rushyrulz 12-9-2017 08:07 PM

put me in coach

PS you should be able to edit the thread to include the Registration Open tag.

axith 12-9-2017 08:41 PM

In. Looking forward to it.

MikeShinoda12345 12-9-2017 08:53 PM

Re: Benguin's Rates Tourney #2 (Registration Open)

I kinda quit but I'm gonna say in and try to have at least half-respectable scores

reuben_tate 12-9-2017 09:38 PM

Updated to here (I'm just adding everyone to a participants list in the OP).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpreggers (Post 4600551)
i'm in baby

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4600568)
put me in coach

PS you should be able to edit the thread to include the Registration Open tag.

Thanks fam~
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 (Post 4600577)
I kinda quit but I'm gonna say in and try to have at least half-respectable scores

Glad to you have you on board :) Hope you have fun~

supermoe1985 12-9-2017 09:47 PM

I'm in!

RenegadeLucien 12-9-2017 10:04 PM

I'm in.

Kawaii025 12-9-2017 10:13 PM

Count me in! :)

Edit:
Sent a donation as well. I need to do some major de-rusting. :|

llNeputell 12-9-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4600502)
Introducing,

Benguin's Rate Tourney #2: Gotta Go Fast~

Round 1 Starts 12/16, 10pm Server Time
(Signups open till end of Round 1)

[Spreadsheet Link Here]

What is this all about?
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been involved with the site (too much adulting in the way). Anyways, it seems there's been a decline in user-run tournaments as of late and I thought some people would be itching to have some fun playing the game again!

Last time, I ran a rates tournament (with the help of Xelnya) and I'm hoping to bring you guys yet another rates tournament! The rules/formats have changed considerably since last time to hopefully make the tournament more enjoyable so please take the time to read the details below!

How do I register?
Simply post in the thread that you would like to participate! You may register at any time between now and the end of the first round.

How will this tournament work?
1) This is an culmulative style tournament with 6 rounds. The existence of divisions will be determined on the number of participants.
2) At the start of each round, the name of the round's file and a randomly generated integer X between the value of 10 and 100 will be posted.
3) You will play the file on the highest rate possible while trying to get at most X goods. Misses/Averages/Boos are also ok as long as your raw score is equivalent to X goods or less.
4) For the purposes of scoring, your rate IS your score. Any score that has more than the equivalent of X goods will be given a score of zero.
5) Rates must be in 0.05 increments. If your rate is not divisible by 0.05, we will round your rate DOWN to the nearest 0.05.
6) At the end of the tournament, for each participant we will sum up their best score from each round. The participant with the highest sum in each division wins!

How do submissions work?
1) Submissions will be via screenshot submissions. After you finish the file, take a screenshot of the result, making sure to include your username and timestamp. Afterwards, post your submission in the thread.
2) Replays are not a valid form of submission.
3) You may submit as many times as you want during the duration of the round in an attempt to improve your score. Your best score for that round will be taken when determining your final score for that round.

Cheating?
Don't.

What division will I be placed in?
Due to the general amount of activity this site has these days...I am worried about not having enough participants. If there are enough participants, divisions will be determined as given in the next paragraph. Otherwise, the tournament will be a single division tournament (although we will have suitable participation prizes for those that stick around to the end).

For preliminary placements, we will use the FFR leaderboards here in order to place you. Based on your levelranks/replays/etc, we reserve the right to move you to another division we feel is more appropriate if need be.

Credits/Prizes
We will be starting off the tournament with 250,000 credits. We will happily accept donations of both the credit and non-credit variety. We will add your contribution to the list once we have received it. Credit distributions will be determined at the end of the tournament.

Late Scores
We will allow people to submit late scores with a penalty of -0.11x per round that the score is late. Late scores must be submitted before the end of the final round to be eligible for participation prizes.

Song Choices
For each round, a song from the difficulty ranges listed below will be picked.
Round 1: 1-30
Round 2: 31-50
Round 3: 51-65
Round 4: 66-75
Round 5: 76-85
Round 6: 86-95

Questions/Concerns
Any questions about the tournament can be sent either myself (reuben_tate) via PM. Alternatively, you can post in the thread as well and I'll respond appropriately.

Participant list

11brendon
PrawnSkunk
Walrusizer
One Winged Angel
ositzxz369
Pizza69
mrpreggers
Fantasticone
Tarrik
-Blue7-
rushyrulz
axith
MikeShinoda12345

Man im in ill try my best and i suck at his game

TheToaphster 12-9-2017 11:44 PM

What's this now? A tournament? No way dude it's been like a year since I've seen an FFR tourney. Count me in my guy (Credit donation coming soonTM)

Deamerai 12-9-2017 11:56 PM

In

TheLegendofPie 12-10-2017 01:17 AM

I'd like to participate! Also would like to know how to donate credits, I've never done that before.

Precarious 12-10-2017 02:09 AM

Put me in coach. I've got hoop dreams.

reuben_tate 12-10-2017 02:17 AM

Updated to here~ Also, shoutout to pizza69 for the generous donation!
<3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawaii025 (Post 4600599)
Count me in! :)

Edit:
Sent a donation as well. I need to do some major de-rusting. :|

Thanks for the donation! I'm sure plenty of us need major de-rusting xD
Quote:

Originally Posted by llNeputell (Post 4600600)
Man im in ill try my best and i suck at his game

It's alright, practice makes perfect!
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheToaphster (Post 4600619)
What's this now? A tournament? No way dude it's been like a year since I've seen an FFR tourney. Count me in my guy (Credit donation coming soonTM)

Yeah, I've noticed the site could use another tourney xP Also, thanks for the donation!
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendofPie (Post 4600652)
I'd like to participate! Also would like to know how to donate credits, I've never done that before.

Sure! Donations are appreciated :3 To donate, go to the "Play FFR" tab in the upper-right hand corner, click "credit shop", and on the top of the page should be a form to donate credits. Just put my username "reuben_tate", your donation amount, and an optional message :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4600669)
Put me in coach. I've got hoop dreams.

You've got it ;)

Andrew WCY 12-10-2017 02:51 AM

Hello! I would like to participate.

HardstyleLover 12-10-2017 03:52 AM

Count me in! Donated :)

Shodzzy 12-10-2017 04:32 AM

210% in

XelNya 12-10-2017 07:22 AM

:twisted:

Zoobin4 12-10-2017 10:07 AM

I would very much like to participate in this thingymijig

Charmoeleon 12-10-2017 02:42 PM

Ready to fail, I'm in.

Hakulyte 12-10-2017 02:53 PM

in

Gir 12-10-2017 03:57 PM

Sock it to me baby~

Shodzzy 12-10-2017 05:33 PM

Wait how do I send credits or whatever?

Shodzzy 12-10-2017 06:00 PM

Do I need to send credits to participate? and if so, how much?

Mr54supernoob 12-10-2017 06:32 PM

count me in

Seoulslayer 12-10-2017 06:45 PM

I'll join.

ositzxz369 12-10-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4600785)
Do I need to send credits to participate? and if so, how much?

As the tournament organizer said, "To donate, go to the "Play FFR" tab in the upper-right hand corner, click "credit shop", and on the top of the page should be a form to donate credits. Just put my username "reuben_tate", your donation amount, and an optional message ."

Also, there is no fee required to participate. Most people are donating credits to this tourney out of generosity.

DarkZtar 12-10-2017 09:07 PM

In

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 12:30 AM

Updated to here! I'm really glad to see people signing up :) Also, I've received a flux of donations so shout out to everyone that has donated! I've read your donation messages and I really appreciate the support c: I've posted the donator's names and donation amounts in the OP so be sure to give them a round of applause :) We're currently at a prize pot of 1,421,426 credits, which is over 5 times the original prize pot!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardstyleLover (Post 4600676)
Count me in! Donated :)

You got it! And thanks for the donation!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4600678)
210% in

That's a lot of percents

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmoeleon (Post 4600742)
Ready to fail, I'm in.

You're gonna with that attitude xP
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir (Post 4600749)
Sock it to me baby~

*puts a shoe on you* E:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4600779)
Wait how do I send credits or whatever? Do I need to send credits to participate? and if so, how much?

As ositzxz369 has explained, you do not need to send any credits...there is no entrance fee to participate in the tournament. People are free to donate to the prize pool if they are feeling generous, although it is not required. I'll add donation instructions to the OP if you or anyone else wants to donate.

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4600680)
:twisted:

Also, everyone, please welcome XelNya, my partner in crime! We have co-hosted the previous rates tournament so we're hoping we can bring you another awesome rates tourney! He'll be responsible for song picks so you can blame him :P and will be helping with updates throughout the tourney.

Banner update to come soon~

sickufully 12-11-2017 01:38 AM

Re: Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2 (Registration Open)

I forgot how to play this game but sign me up.

XelNya 12-11-2017 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4600993)
Also, everyone, please welcome XelNya, my partner in crime! We have co-hosted the previous rates tournament so we're hoping we can bring you another awesome rates tourney! He'll be responsible for song picks so you can blame him :P and will be helping with updates throughout the tourney.

Banner update to come soon~

Oh they're gonna blame me alright

^_^

rushyrulz 12-11-2017 02:27 AM

wait am I still banned from all middie events or

XelNya 12-11-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4600999)
wait am I still banned from all middie events or

Let's just put that shit behind us. Shit's stupid and I was likely being a cunt.

You're absolutely more than welcome to join.

DDRNSTPMGMX 12-11-2017 10:52 AM

count me in also all songs have to be 10 goods or less?

storn42 12-11-2017 12:10 PM

i'm bored
in

SK8R43 12-11-2017 04:58 PM

Cant really play since computer issues but i guess i'll donate some fiffer creds. :P

TheSaxRunner05 12-11-2017 06:37 PM

I would but A) My computer lags like hell on rates and
B) I'm super rusty. Like D3 level lol

Shodzzy 12-11-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4600817)
As the tournament organizer said, "To donate, go to the "Play FFR" tab in the upper-right hand corner, click "credit shop", and on the top of the page should be a form to donate credits. Just put my username "reuben_tate", your donation amount, and an optional message ."

Also, there is no fee required to participate. Most people are donating credits to this tourney out of generosity.

Done! Thanks!

One Winged Angel 12-11-2017 06:55 PM

ugh rates still lag spike brutally every 20 seconds or so (even though on 1.0 everything runs fine)

fuck

SK8R43 12-11-2017 07:17 PM

I get lag on everything XD Need a legit gaming computer, i guess. HA

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 08:26 PM

Updated to here~ Let me know if I've somehow skipped over putting your name in the participation or donation list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickufully (Post 4600996)
I forgot how to play this game but sign me up.

Hopefully the rust comes off quickly :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRNSTPMGMX (Post 4601020)
count me in also all songs have to be 10 goods or less?

Not necessarily. You'll have to get fewer than a certain amount of goods every round and that number of goods will be determined by a random number generator at the start of the round (it'll be a number between 10 and 100).
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4601028)
i'm bored
in

Prepare to be UN-BORED!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4601095)
Done! Thanks!

Thanks for the donation!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4601084)
Cant really play since computer issues but i guess i'll donate some fiffer creds. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4601094)
I would but A) My computer lags like hell on rates and
B) I'm super rusty. Like D3 level lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4601097)
ugh rates still lag spike brutally every 20 seconds or so (even though on 1.0 everything runs fine)

fuck

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4601099)
I get lag on everything XD Need a legit gaming computer, i guess. HA

I'm sorry to hear that some people are having issues with lag :( I don't know if newer versions of flash player might help resolve that issue...I've had decent gameplay on Flash Player 21 and 27.

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 08:35 PM

Also, I'm pleased to announce that this tournament will receive ~official backing~ meaning that we should be seeing an even larger prize pot for the tournament in addition to exclusive event tokens for those that do well in the tournament.

For some of the new players not familiar with event tokens, below is a description from the FAQ page on the FFR Wiki:
Quote:

You may have noticed that some tokens do not have a requirement which is listed, but rather merely say they are an Event Token. Every once and a while, FFR will host events or spontaneous contests, which may have these tokens as prizes for doing well. Keep an eye out for new hosted contests by event staff over at the events forum. You can also pick them up by placing very highly (top 3 in divisions 1-6, or participating as a division 7 player), though this would be be severely more difficult than a general event for a newer player.
More information about tokens (and other stuff) in general can be found here:http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ. Note that we'll only use token files for a round only in the case that everyone playing around has that token.

More details on this to come~

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 08:43 PM

Also, since sign-ups are going relatively well, we're going to start looking at division placements. If we have any concerns regarding your division placement, we might send you a PM with some clarifying questions. Similarly, when we're done with division placements, you are welcome to bring your own concerns to us, but please do so in a PM.

We'll keep you guys posted~

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 10:01 PM

Just put up the tournament spreadsheet in the OP~

The spreadsheet includes a VERY ROUGH initial division placements (mostly done by looking at your official division placement and top scores via the FFR leaderboards feature). We plan to do some more refining of the placements as the week goes on.

One thing I wanted to point out is that we have a very good amount of D4, D6, and D7 players but we have almost no D3 or D5 players. It also wouldn't hurt to have more D1 and D2 players as well. Don't be embarrassed to message some of your FFR peeps...even if they haven't played in over a year :P If we aren't able to get enough people to fill up the D3 or D5 slots, we might have to shift the division lines a little bit to get things to work.

As always, we appreciate any feedback/suggestions in regards to division placements. If you feel that you or your opponent have been placed in too low or too high of a division, then please feel free to let us know via PM :)

Cheers~

EDIT: Posting the link here for convenience

ositzxz369 12-11-2017 10:27 PM

The spreadsheet link on your initial post works, but not the one on your edit.

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4601118)
The spreadsheet link on your initial post works, but not the one on your edit.

should be fixed now, thanks!

juckter1 12-11-2017 10:38 PM

In + donated

One Winged Angel 12-11-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4601105)
Flash Player 27

thank youuuuuuu

it's less stable on 1.0 compared to 11 and 14 (both versions I normally use) but no abrupt pauses or massive frame skips every 20 seconds on rates, so I'll take it for sure

SK8R43 12-12-2017 07:59 AM

Wait, i thought flash only went up to like 12? Non rates work on my flash player up to about level 50 songs but still would like to be able to actually play/aaa songs not just do poorly XD

XelNya 12-12-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4601163)
Wait, i thought flash only went up to like 12? Non rates work on my flash player up to about level 50 songs but still would like to be able to actually play/aaa songs not just do poorly XD

Yeah flash goes up quite a ways.

Moria 12-12-2017 12:04 PM

I'd like in. I enjoy having others pick the songs

PhantomPuppy 12-12-2017 12:49 PM

cant participate cuz busy, but sent a few credits your way. glhf all :)

suicidaln00b 12-12-2017 01:16 PM

in

XelNya 12-12-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4601197)

thanks a bunch :D

SK8R43 12-12-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4601185)
Yeah flash goes up quite a ways.

Where can i find the latest? Just google? The standalone guide only goes to 12.

CauZe 12-12-2017 02:05 PM

oh yes my good sir i would like to join

Ribin Shwavos 12-12-2017 08:03 PM

Count me in!!! It'll be my first tournament!

reuben_tate 12-13-2017 12:17 AM

Updated to here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4601120)
In + donated

Awesome, thanks for the credz!
Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4601122)
thank youuuuuuu

it's less stable on 1.0 compared to 11 and 14 (both versions I normally use) but no abrupt pauses or massive frame skips every 20 seconds on rates, so I'll take it for sure

Glad to hear :) Hopefully that works as a solution for others as well that are having issues with lag/frame skips.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4601197)

It's unfortunate that you can't join, but we appreciate the credits! Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4601204)
Where can i find the latest? Just google? The standalone guide only goes to 12.

I can send you a link via PM

DDRNSTPMGMX 12-13-2017 03:48 AM

Ok so for the tournament you answered my question about the goods now on the first post does it mean " Misses/Averages/Boos are also ok as long as your raw score is equivalent to X goods or less." Does this mean that we can get as many misses/averages/boos as we want as long as we keep the goods lower than the amount it generated?

DDRNSTPMGMX 12-13-2017 03:48 AM

and btw im in :L

reuben_tate 12-13-2017 04:30 AM

To answer your question, you're allowed to have averages/misses/boos, but only to a certain extent. Say for example, that the maximum raw score on a song is 23100. A score with 12 goods (and the rest perfects) would have a raw score of 23100 - (25*12) = 22800 so if the requirement was to get a score that was equivalent to 12 goods or better, you'd need to get a raw score of at least 22800. In order to help with this, I'll also post the equivalent raw score that you need to get for every round.

I'm going to borrow from Dossar's Concise Guide To FFR Scoring Types to help illustrate how you can determine how many goods your score is equivalent to:
Quote:

Raw Scoring is the scoring type that is not affected by combo. Here is how it is calculated:
PERFECT = +50
GOOD = +25
AVERAGE = +5
MISS = -10
BOO = -5
This guide by itself won't tell you directly "how many goods are equivalent to one average" since it doesn't take into account the opportunity cost of the points that you're missing out on when you don't hit a perfect.

-For a good, you get a 25 points when you could have gotten 50 points for a perfect so you missed out on 25 points.
-Similarly for an average, you are missing out on 50-5 = 45 points
-For a miss, you miss the full 50 points for the perfect plus you get penalized 10 points for the actual miss for a total of 60 points that you're missing out on.
-You don't need to give up a perfect in order to get a boo, so you're just missing out on 5 points by hitting a boo.

Using this, we can calculate how much each judgement is in terms of goods in terms of the points that you're missing out on:
-1 good = 1 good
-1 average = (45 missed points)(1 good / 25 missed points) = 1.8 goods
-1 miss = (60 missed points)(1 good / 25 missed points) = 2.4 goods
-1 boo = (5 missed points)(1 good / 25 missed points) = 0.2 goods

Therefore, you're score is equivalent to getting X goods (with the rest perfects) where:

X = G + 1.8A + 2.4M + 0.2B

where G, A, M, and B are the number of goods, averages, misses, and boos in your score respectively.

reuben_tate 12-13-2017 04:33 AM

You don't need to use this formula though, like I said, I'll post the equivalent minimum raw score that you'll need to achieve every round.

By the formula, an average is roughly 2 goods, a miss is roughly 2.5 goods, and there are 5 boos in a good so these rules of thumb can be used to quickly estimate how many goods your score is equivalent to.

Shodzzy 12-13-2017 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4601347)
You don't need to use this formula though, like I said, I'll post the equivalent minimum raw score that you'll need to achieve every round.

By the formula, an average is roughly 2 goods, a miss is roughly 2.5 goods, and there are 5 boos in a good so these rules of thumb can be used to quickly estimate how many goods your score is equivalent to.

When does this tourney start and how do I know what level im plaaying and all that? im basically new so I got NO IDEA how a tourney on this game works lol

reuben_tate 12-13-2017 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4601348)
When does this tourney start and how do I know what level im plaaying and all that? im basically new so I got NO IDEA how a tourney on this game works lol

All of the information for the tournament will be posted in the opening post / OP (and also in the thread as the tournament continues). For now, we're expected to start at Friday at 10pm server time (server time can be found near the upper-right hand corner of the website). Your division placement can be found in the spreadsheet link in the OP, each tab at the bottom corresponds to each division (you are in D1).

Each round will last 1 week and I'll post the song name and the maximum number of goods (and equivalent minimum raw score). I'll also send all participants a PM at the start of every round so that they are notified.

There is a lot of information in the OP that should be helpful. Of course, we'll be happy to answer any questions if the OP isn't clear on something.

XelNya 12-13-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4601346)
To answer your question, you're allowed to have averages/misses/boos, but only to a certain extent. Say for example, that the maximum raw score on a song is 23100. A score with 12 goods (and the rest perfects) would have a raw score of 23100 - (25*12) = 22800 so if the requirement was to get a score that was equivalent to 12 goods or better, you'd need to get a raw score of at least 22800. In order to help with this, I'll also post the equivalent raw score that you need to get for every round.

I'm going to borrow from Dossar's Concise Guide To FFR Scoring Types to help illustrate how you can determine how many goods your score is equivalent to:

This guide by itself won't tell you directly "how many goods are equivalent to one average" since it doesn't take into account the opportunity cost of the points that you're missing out on when you don't hit a perfect.

-For a good, you get a 25 points when you could have gotten 50 points for a perfect so you missed out on 25 points.
-Similarly for an average, you are missing out on 50-5 = 45 points
-For a miss, you miss the full 50 points for the perfect plus you get penalized 10 points for the actual miss for a total of 60 points that you're missing out on.
-You don't need to give up a perfect in order to get a boo, so you're just missing out on 5 points by hitting a boo.

Using this, we can calculate how much each judgement is in terms of goods in terms of the points that you're missing out on:
-1 good = 1 good
-1 average = (45 missed points)(1 good / 25 missed points) = 1.8 goods
-1 miss = (60 missed points)(1 good / 25 missed points) = 2.4 goods
-1 boo = (5 missed points)(1 good / 25 missed points) = 0.2 goods

Therefore, you're score is equivalent to getting X goods (with the rest perfects) where:

X = G + 1.8A + 2.4M + 0.2B

where G, A, M, and B are the number of goods, averages, misses, and boos in your score respectively.

I'm so glad you're good at math so I don't have to be bothered

TheToaphster 12-13-2017 11:05 AM

If you use R^3 as well it is good to note that the "Raw Good" value that is given after each map is a way to immediately see how many goods you have (it uses the same math/method that reuben discussed) without having to pay attention to score. I'm pretty sure this is only in the R^3 engine but I'm not sure.

Just putting that out there for anyone who doesn't know

DDRNSTPMGMX 12-13-2017 11:16 AM

ok im starting to get it. So you generate an X amount of goods and the goal is to get the RAW goods the same or less than the generated number? Like for example 20 raw goods. I could get like 10 goods 10 boos 1 miss and 3 averages which is 19.8. Is that what you are talking about? Also we would need to get the amount of raw goods or less in 0.05 rate intervals trying to get the fastest interval without going over the raw goods that was generated?