Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   5th Official FFR Tournament - SIGN UPS NOW CLOSED!!! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=109808)

devonin 06-21-2009 03:56 PM

Re: 5th Official FFR Tournament - SIGN UPS NOW!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 3113692)
390 people? you have got to be kidding me....

at least like 90 people will be unactive.

You have no idea of which you speak!

I'd expect over 1000 people to sign up, and 5 or 600 to be inactive.

Zap_Track 06-21-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 3113632)
Zap, didn't you go away during the last tourney too? Bad luck man. ;/ Haha.

Yes, I'm mad.
Hope the next year's tourney is gonna be in WINTERTIME :(

iluswirl 06-21-2009 04:06 PM

Rofl it's that time again. Sign me up so I can pretend I can get vRofl again.
Ps emphasis on the second part of that last sentence

devonin 06-21-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluswirl (Post 3113698)
Rofl it's that time again. Sign me up so I can pretend I can get vRofl again.
Ps emphasis on the second part of that last sentence

Sign yourself up.

dsadsadsa 06-21-2009 04:16 PM

this brings back memories :D (2nd place beginners bracket 1st ffr tournament lol)

iluswirl 06-21-2009 04:16 PM

Haha that's why there's the little PS there. I wasn't in the mood to think of a better way of putting it.

lightdarkness 06-21-2009 04:26 PM

woo! people like the signup script, hahaha

wargasm1 06-21-2009 04:31 PM

Its funny how everyone doesnt read the thread and just ask to be signed up xD

Last year i was in beginner and lost 2nd round i believe lol, i think this year i have 600 more fc than last year :P

ddrfreakdeejay 06-21-2009 04:41 PM

Im in!

TC_Chronichild420 06-21-2009 04:48 PM

SM has been very good to me. D4, prepare yoself.

MinaciousGrace 06-21-2009 04:52 PM

dun dun dun
ps. I heard idontblink metigue and wartime are signing up watch out guys

TC_Halogen 06-21-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3113461)
Just to get this statement out there, since I end up making it a half-dozen times every year:

80% of you have absolutely no chance to win.

Because there are no qualifying rounds to eliminate the people who aren't skilled enough, a huge percentage of people entering have no chance to win. Don't be upset by this, if there were qualifying rounds, you woudln't qualify, that's just the way it goes.

The skill differential between a brand new player who goes into D1 and a player who is just inside the D1/D2 border is very substantial, and that is true across the whole sequence of divisions. It's pretty much the case that basically, the last 32 or maybe 64 in a division are about the closest there are to -accurate- divisions, and the lower divisions will generally have 3 or 4 hundred people in them.

I'm one such person. I'll be in D2 this year, and I'll be eliminated by round 3 tops. Maybe 4 if I'm very lucky or whore songs very much. I have absolutely no chance whatsoever to win or even place, and I accept it and have fun anyway.

So please let's avoid the guarenteed string of "You put me in the same division as WHO!?!" posting that will come up when the brackets get posted, and just accept that the price you pay for not having to actually qualify to get in, is a better than average chance that you cannot possibly win.

Edit: ALso, since the D1/D2/D3 breakdown is the one that seems to make the most people have no idea where they will be:

Devonin, across 5100 gameplays, has 34 AAAs, and 239 FCs, with 54 skill tokens. My best AAA is a 6, with some 5s, and my best FCs are a couple 8s, and a bunch of 7s. I am most likely going to be placed somewhere around the middle to lower/middle of division 2. This should help you gauge where you are likely to end up.

Also, if you have -any- tier points, it's pretty much a given that you are D2/D3 minimum.

You are such a pessimist. Yet--it's also a pretty real fact. Each division is going to undoubtedly have it's really strong players though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace
dun dun dun
ps. I heard idontblink metigue and wartime are signing up watch out guys

I also heard that Metigue and Wartime cheated, and if they cheat now, they get DQ'd. No worries there. xD

Sprite- 06-21-2009 05:06 PM

They won't be allowed in lol. No way in hell.

tj28 06-21-2009 05:14 PM

I have a feeling I'm going to end up playing the same songs over and over for AAA's. D:
GL all!

gameboy42690 06-21-2009 05:54 PM

I signed up. O.O

No way I'm getting in the top 3 again though, I'll be happy if I can get at least 20th.

EAGAMES 06-21-2009 06:02 PM

aww cmon, it's gameboy. great...

TC_Halogen 06-21-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAGAMES (Post 3113794)
aww cmon, it's gameboy. great...

If you don't stop being modest with yourself, I'm gonna take this keyboard and stuff it in your mouth. :)

Adamaja456 06-21-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightdarkness (Post 3113719)
woo! people like the signup script, hahaha

i like your siggy a widdle bit more:D

gameboy42690 06-21-2009 06:22 PM

EA you know you're way better than me. I still haven't even AAAed an FGO yet.

Vanilla Mnm 06-21-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3113461)
Just to get this statement out there, since I end up making it a half-dozen times every year:

80% of you have absolutely no chance to win.

Because there are no qualifying rounds to eliminate the people who aren't skilled enough, a huge percentage of people entering have no chance to win. Don't be upset by this, if there were qualifying rounds, you woudln't qualify, that's just the way it goes.

The skill differential between a brand new player who goes into D1 and a player who is just inside the D1/D2 border is very substantial, and that is true across the whole sequence of divisions. It's pretty much the case that basically, the last 32 or maybe 64 in a division are about the closest there are to -accurate- divisions, and the lower divisions will generally have 3 or 4 hundred people in them.

I'm one such person. I'll be in D2 this year, and I'll be eliminated by round 3 tops. Maybe 4 if I'm very lucky or whore songs very much. I have absolutely no chance whatsoever to win or even place, and I accept it and have fun anyway.

So please let's avoid the guarenteed string of "You put me in the same division as WHO!?!" posting that will come up when the brackets get posted, and just accept that the price you pay for not having to actually qualify to get in, is a better than average chance that you cannot possibly win.

Edit: ALso, since the D1/D2/D3 breakdown is the one that seems to make the most people have no idea where they will be:

Devonin, across 5100 gameplays, has 34 AAAs, and 239 FCs, with 54 skill tokens. My best AAA is a 6, with some 5s, and my best FCs are a couple 8s, and a bunch of 7s. I am most likely going to be placed somewhere around the middle to lower/middle of division 2. This should help you gauge where you are likely to end up.

Also, if you have -any- tier points, it's pretty much a given that you are D2/D3 minimum.

Maybe I'll be in D3 then. It'll be the first time I've ever been in D3/5 divisions though. It'll be quite a challenge. :)
I have 81 Tier points, last year I had 1. I was in D2 last year. I'm pretty sure I have the capability to come in the top 10 in D2. I could be wrong though, I need to see who's in D2.