Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Simpsons Movie Sequal? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=97613)

Mistress_Luna94 08-10-2008 08:56 PM

Simpsons Movie Sequal?

I heard that there's going to be a simpsons movie sequal. Is that really true? :???:

~Luna

fido123 08-10-2008 08:59 PM

Re: Simpsons Movie Sequal?

I really, REALLY, REALLY, hope not. Series is done to death.

EnR 08-10-2008 08:59 PM

Search it on google.

You know, MIGHT be a good idea.

MystictheHedgehog 08-10-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnR (Post 2473818)
Search it on google.

You know, MIGHT be a good idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123 (Post 2473813)

Both of these. Used to be a major Simpsons fan. Now I just don't care.

jugglinguy 08-10-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123 (Post 2473813)

This, and only this.

EAGAMES 08-10-2008 10:16 PM

They won't be making a sequel unless they had a great script.

Info - Google!

cC@Zz 08-10-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAGAMES (Post 2474907)
They won't be making a sequel unless they had a great script.

Or they could not even put much effort into it knowing full well it will rake in a ton of money.

NFD 08-10-2008 11:50 PM

It was never a good series.

kommisar[os] 08-11-2008 12:05 AM

been running for over 20 some years now. one of the longest running shows iirc. they should've just stopped after the movie. best way to end the series

EAGAMES 08-11-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cC@Zz (Post 2477503)
Or they could not even put much effort into it knowing full well it will rake in a ton of money.

"We would only do a sequel if we believed it was a movie that had to be made, just like we did with the first one,” Jean told the New York Post. “We wouldn’t want to do it just because the first one was successful, or because we wanted to make money off of a movie. We’d only do it if we had a script that we thought was great (and) there’s no script at this point.

cC@Zz 08-11-2008 12:26 AM

Don't take their word for it, it doesn't mean its 100% certantity they will go about doing it that way. Also their definetion of a good script may be totally different than what others may think.

Afrombean 08-11-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar[os] (Post 2477885)
been running for over 20 some years now. one of the longest running shows iirc. they should've just stopped after the movie. best way to end the series

Debuted in December of '89. The shorts were around before then, but that's not really the same thing. In short: no, not "over 20 some years".

And yeah, the shows been "downhill" for a long time. If memory serves, it peaked somewhere between season 4~7, but being out of it for a long time, I can't say for certain that's accurate. The movie was moderately entertaining, but only moderately. That's the problem with the show at present; even now it's still pretty good, but it's not amazing, and with the heavy expansion of the genre, it just hasn't kept up well enough.

And yeah, with the movie industry the way it is, if a movie is successful and potential for a sequel exists, it will at the very least enter pre-production, if not make it to finished product.