Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117933)

Valance 07-16-2011 01:43 PM

Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3503261)
You're referring to the pilot, I think, which is almost entirely unlike the remainder of the series. It was going to be kinda Sailor Moonish and ended up more like standard cartoon fare.

Yes, I was referring to the pilot, and "Sailor Moonish" is definitely the best way to describe it.

stargroup100 07-17-2011 01:43 PM

Crashfan3 07-20-2011 01:34 AM

Just looking for an excuse to post in this thread again.

megamon88 07-21-2011 11:27 PM

Comic con 2011 poster:

qqwref 07-22-2011 01:52 AM

Noice o_0 That must have taken someone some serious time to draw. (Is it bad that I recognize most of the characters there?)

supermousie 07-22-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3437343)
Also poll votes are pubic.

I keep forgetting to mention that.

Crashfan3 07-24-2011 03:00 AM

YOU ARE NOW AWARE THAT PONIES HAVE BEEN CROSSED WITH TOUHOU.

LongGone 07-26-2011 03:24 PM

McDonalds around here.

???????

Crashfan3 07-26-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongGone (Post 3510746)
McDonalds around here.

???????

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongGone (Post 3510746)

MrGiggles 07-27-2011 01:35 AM

Hasbro is releasing a complete set of ponies from the show soon. I dunno if I'll buy it, I really enjoy the show and want to support it, but what the **** am I going to do with a bunch of small plastic ponies, honestly?

megamon88 07-27-2011 10:55 PM

Yeah, my friends got me some for my birthday and right now they're just sitting on my computer desk. I wish their body proportions were more like the G4 ponies though, it's like OMG MASSIVE FOREHEAD

Crashfan3 07-28-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3511064)
Hasbro is releasing a complete set of ponies from the show soon. I dunno if I'll buy it, I really enjoy the show and want to support it, but what the **** am I going to do with a bunch of small plastic ponies, honestly?

do what i do and keep them on a shelf and occasionally look in the direction of the shelf and go "d'awwwww"

still need to get rarity and applejack, which i'll probably go for next month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3511533)
Yeah, my friends got me some for my birthday and right now they're just sitting on my computer desk. I wish their body proportions were more like the G4 ponies though, it's like OMG MASSIVE FOREHEAD

did you get twilight sparkle? if you did, please tell me i'm not the only one that thinks her head and body are different shades of purple... D:

supermousie 07-28-2011 04:20 AM

If I bought any ponies, they'd just live on my shelf until the end of time... The problem with the toys is that the hair is indeed brushable like the older ponies, and that doesn't make them recognisable. They all have Fluttershy's hair which doesn't work on Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. I would much rather an immovable piece of plastic shaped like their normal hairstyles than brushable hair.

Crashfan3 07-28-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3511638)
If I bought any ponies, they'd just live on my shelf until the end of time... The problem with the toys is that the hair is indeed brushable like the older ponies, and that doesn't make them recognisable. They all have Fluttershy's hair which doesn't work on Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. I would much rather an immovable piece of plastic shaped like their normal hairstyles than brushable hair.

http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.c...974&src=endeca applejack
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.c...972&src=endeca pinkie pie
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.c...973&src=endeca rainbow dash
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.c...976&src=endeca rarity
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.c...971&src=endeca twilight sparkle

They don't seem to have Fluttershy for some reason. :/ "product_id" numbers are 2797x where x is 1-6, excluding 27975 which I would assume is Fluttershy, but the page doesn't exist and redirected me to Pinkie's page. Apparently those are pretty hard to find, or so I've heard, and you can't purchase them directly through Hasbro like you can with some models. I've been told Big Lots and Toys-R-Us are good places to look, but I haven't been there myself, that's the consequence of living in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, as for those style-able ponies from the $5 line-up, I've seen some threads on Ponychan where people do some creative stuff and make them look much better.

Also, Walmart, Target, and Kmart now have two new ponies in the $5 line-up: Cherrilee (the teacher) and some new pony (season 2?) named Lily Blossom. I bought Applejack and Cherrilee today bringing my total figure count up to six, I'm now missing Rarity and the new Lily Blossom. Originally I wasn't going to get Cherrilee but I noticed that between the art on the package and on the actual figure, the cutie mark is different. I haven't taken her out of the box yet... if they change the design to match the package, then I have a sweet little anomaly. ^^

On top of this, on 7/15/11 Kmart.com added a Rainbow Dash skateboard set and a Fluttershy tricycle set, priced at $10 each. I'll make a run by the local Kmart in the next few days and see if they have them.

supermousie 07-29-2011 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info Crashfan! Welp, looks like I'm going to make several trips to Toys 'R Us over the next few days... Unless Australia (being the Slowpoke it is) doesn't have G4 ponies yet. :/

<FFFFUUUUUUU>IF THEY DON'T HAVE G5 PONIES I WILL AN HERO</CCCCCKKKKKKKK>

edit: Looked at the ponies. Hasbro, I am disappoint in the quality of your plastics.

Emithith 07-29-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashfan3 (Post 3509291)

That's awesome.
Cirno Pony is badass, too.

WarCaptain 08-4-2011 09:18 PM

+1 vote for Cheerilee! Just came back to FFR and was overjoyed to see a pony thread <3

supermousie 08-5-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarCaptain (Post 3515647)
+1 vote for Cheerilee! Just came back to FFR and was overjoyed to see a pony thread <3

Ooh, Stalliongrad. Clever.
Welcome to the FFR herd!

Also,

and

icontrolyourworld 08-8-2011 01:34 PM

When does the next episode come out D:

MrGiggles 08-8-2011 02:08 PM

TBA, but every once in a while you'll see some employee talking about how balls-to-the-wall awesome s2 is and it's driving me crazy.