Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paper Mario (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125679)

Aeroethimetic 09-2-2012 06:43 PM

Paper Mario

Love this series. I showed the three that are out to a few people then ended up replaying them. Finished them again in reverse order. Cant wait for the fourth to come out for the 3DS. Nov 11 I think is the release date. Supposedly, unless its delayed like Luigi's Mansion was =/ Which sucked.

cedolad 09-2-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Paper Mario

I played The Thousand Year Door and beat it twice. It was my first time playing Paper Mario and I loved every bit of it.

Just recently I went back and bought Paper Mario 64, beat that game like three times lol.

It's a great series, and I wish I can play the 3D version for the Wii.

kommisar 09-2-2012 06:48 PM

fantastic series, best thing we'll get next to mario rpg

alloyus 09-2-2012 06:50 PM

Yeah I'm a huge fan of this, too :3 Although the gameplay of the third one wasn't something I was a "huge" fan of, it was still a great game. Have replayed all of them multiple times <3 Gonna have to get a 3DS when this comes out

xferrarix 09-2-2012 07:02 PM

i really wish we had a true sequel to the original super mario rpg on snes, but the paper mario series is good enough

favorite entry to the series so far was thousand year door. i didn't care at all for super paper mario

Aeroethimetic 09-2-2012 07:02 PM

For sure yo! Yea the third one didnt follow the same pattern. I think Nintendo would have had better results and reviews if it was titled different. More of a spinoff then part of the actual series kinda thing. The 4th goes back to the RPG elements. :) Stickers instead of badges :)

Charu 09-2-2012 07:02 PM

Paper Mario... man...

You know, when Super Mario RPG came out for the SNES, that had to be the greatest thing to happen to a franchise that was based solely on platforming to ever happen.

I like how these series of games just paint a world where things are believable. Not in a real life sense, but you know what I mean. Like it feels natural in the game world, haha.

I hope they never stop with these Mario RPG-ish games. Unless they run out of ideas of course and it becomes generic.

BTW: Mario & Luigi RPG's are boss.

Aeroethimetic 09-2-2012 07:13 PM

Yea Charu especially how they brought Toad Town and Rogueport to life. Not that much sidequests, but the fact everyone said something different every chapter. Or the bullitin board updating. It was very interactive :)

DarknessXoXLight 09-2-2012 07:28 PM

The best game series ever. :') <33

Aeroethimetic 09-2-2012 08:16 PM

Minus their bunk bed I would love to live in Mario and Luigi's house. Maybe add a kitchen, probably a bathroom to lol. But the land =O Plus a pipe for an entrance = win :)

dAnceguy117 09-2-2012 10:59 PM

I've played the original and Super Paper Mario but not Thousand Year Door. need to remedy that. anyway, the series kicks serious ass. the third game is really different, but I still thought it was great.

cedolad 09-2-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeroethimetic (Post 3760901)
Minus their bunk bed I would love to live in Mario and Luigi's house. Maybe add a kitchen, probably a bathroom to lol. But the land =O Plus a pipe for an entrance = win :)

But they have a bathroom....

Coolboyrulez0 09-2-2012 11:23 PM

God I love this series. Thanks for reminding me to actually go and finish my 100% No-walkthrough run of Paper Mario:TTYD. Yeah good luck to me :<

DragonIIDX 09-2-2012 11:42 PM

Paper Mario and TTYD are my #2 favorite Mario games after Mario All-Stars + World. I didn't really care for the 3rd one but I'm really excited about Paper Mario Sticker Star. You actually get to have a Chain Chomp partner and a green Toad!

cedolad 09-3-2012 12:00 AM

I thought you had a Chain Chomp partner in the first one?

edit: never mind. I'm stupid haha.

Aeroethimetic 09-3-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3760985)
But they have a bathroom....

Where? =/ Going by memory here but first room you walk into is that dining room table, bullatin board on the wall, some knicknacks chilling around, then the next room has the bunk bed, the dresser where you check your mail, and the secret room underneath with Luigi's secret diary. I just dont remember one lol.

Good luck Coolboy :) And really? A chain chomp partner? Niiiice, wonder what its abilities are going to be though, probably avoiding defenses attacks or blocks or something. Wonder how they figured that out :)

Reach 09-3-2012 09:13 AM

Really looking forward to the next installment on the 3DS. Big fan of the series!

I have Mario RPG for my SNES still, amazing game. Probably beaten it 10 times or so. Same goes for The original Paper mario.

Sadly, I have not beaten Thousand year door :( I don't own a gamecube. I've played through a bit of it on Dolphin, as it ran fine but the game gets all glitchy in the forest/tree place and I wasn't really able to continue.

Loved the wii version, though looking forward to them going back to the classic RPG style, but it was a nice change. Some of the chapters were really charming, like the house with the gameshow at the end.

Pseudo Enigma 09-3-2012 09:17 AM

Super Paper Mario was good imo. Bash me all to hell for it, but I loved it.

Aeroethimetic 09-3-2012 09:20 AM

Nah man no bashing here. Same, it was definitely surprising. I loved it but still think it should of been a spinoff rather then something to be continued in the series. Just because It didnt follow the other two and the whole turn based RPG feel.

Kinda like the Final Fantasy series, then throwing in a Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and calling it apart of the FF series. In my opinion

For sure Reach, I hope you get to play thousand year door soon :) You'll love it, its got quite a plot twist that you wouldnt see coming. Which is surprising for a nintendo game. Probably why Paper Mario is so popular :)

jprox445 09-3-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 3761170)
Super Paper Mario was good imo. Bash me all to hell for it, but I loved it.

That is the one for the wii right?
I don't think i've played it, my personal favorite was Legend of the 1000 year door.