Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hair (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151905)

Funnygurl555 05-10-2020 08:50 AM

Hair

let's talk about hair. y'all tryna do something cool or new with it? have you had the same style for years? are you struggling with it in any way? how's it changed with quarantine?

i've been trying to grow mine out for the past year+ because i chopped it off while i was bonkers. my hair hasn't been healthy in years because i began wearing it naturally ~2.5 years ago and i don't know how to take care of natural hair. anyways now i have new hair care products and am experimenting with protective styles. i'd post pics but i haven't had "pic-worthy" looks in a while.

what about y'all?

drizzleRomanceGirl 05-10-2020 08:59 AM

Re: Hair

my hair is really curly so i always wet it before i brush it; it's medium length and it goes to my neck; i don't really have a specific style but it's about the same length all around except my forehead because i don't like having hair in my face

the sun fan 05-10-2020 10:19 AM

i gave up ever trying to do anything with it, I halfheartedly care for it

Charu 05-10-2020 10:33 AM

Well... I at least got a haircut before the whole closing down thing happened, but it's back to where it was before.

Who knows, maybe I'll just let it go like I did during my high school years.

j-rodd123 05-10-2020 10:36 AM

i fkn hate long hair, prob will just buzz it

mi40 05-10-2020 02:02 PM

due to COVID-19 all the places i used to frequent are now closed. i refuse to cut it myself. sucks hardcore.

flipsta_lombax 05-10-2020 03:12 PM

I actually cut my hair for the first time last week
Went from hobo to hipster in minutes lol

Joupawesome 05-10-2020 03:19 PM

Honestly i've been growing out hair long lately, feels pretty good. I've always had really healthy hair but this quarantine is kinda messing it up even though im basically doing the same thing i've always done :[.

Hakulyte 05-10-2020 06:02 PM

I currently have the same hair length/style as my avatar.
Maybe I'll get a haircut before I go back to work. Not sure yet.
I like it, but it's not "professional" apparently.
Yup, getting judged for hair in 2020.

PhantomPuppy 05-10-2020 06:44 PM

i've been cutting my own hair for a while so the lockdown hasn't really affected me lol

i just buzzcut 100% of the time

Moria 05-11-2020 09:29 AM

ive been letting it grow

but my face has always been predisposed to grow faster

I measure my hair by how many months it takes to shave my face

yes I'm looking super femiinine

2020 y'll

XelNya 05-11-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4730476)

I am glad that at least my company /coworkers aren’t this rustic. Only my mother is.

For me nothing has really changed, I just need to get it redyed, but that’s a few weeks out most likely. Don’t need it cut as I still want mine longer. (For reference mine is about halfway down my back at the longest point right now.)

SubaruPoptart 05-11-2020 10:55 AM

With me I've been growing it out since like mid-2015, I've been dyeing it for about 3-ish years now, having wanted to do it again for a bit. It's about in between middle-back and past-shoulders length, no real equivalent phrase I can think of. After we dyed it it's gone from straight af to CURLY AS HELL so that's not too fun. Makes braiding it and doing fun stuff to it a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

It's started to get annoying as of late so I might trim it a bit, but I've been tryna grow the natural hair out to about the same length as how it is right now with the dyed stuff, so we can re-dye it again.

I've gone red the majority of the time but this past time we tried purple. We didn't bleach my hair well enough though so for whatever reason purple + majority yellow hair = teal. It's faded a fuck ton since then but I may either try purple again or just go red, maybe a different colour whenever we can.

XelNya 05-11-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4730497)
With me I've been growing it out since like mid-2015, I've been dyeing it for about 3-ish years now, having wanted to do it again for a bit. It's about in between middle-back and past-shoulders length, no real equivalent phrase I can think of. After we dyed it it's gone from straight af to CURLY AS HELL so that's not too fun. Makes braiding it and doing fun stuff to it a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

It's started to get annoying as of late so I might trim it a bit, but I've been tryna grow the natural hair out to about the same length as how it is right now with the dyed stuff, so we can re-dye it again.

I've gone red the majority of the time but this past time we tried purple. We didn't bleach my hair well enough though so for whatever reason purple + majority yellow hair = teal. It's faded a fuck ton since then but I may either try purple again or just go red, maybe a different colour whenever we can.

... It is very weird knowing you and I have had the same taste in colors. I only put purple in it because the guy who does mine wanted to, and he's done enough work that I was like "ayy let's do that" (I've only had a proper hair cut that wasn't just trimming split ends / the like once since 2010. He's the only person I'll let do it anymore tbh.) I do really like the purple though, more so than the red.

Ask your stylist if they have / are using the Provana hair dye, I've had spectacular luck with it, though I don't know if it would help with the curly part. My hair is naturally very straight.

I also let the girlfriend braid my hair, but have only tried it once myself. It uh, hahahahaha did not go well.

No it did not.

Blackskull305 05-11-2020 05:45 PM

Man... I used to have quite "the do" like 4-5 years ago XD... I've been keeping it nice and short these days though.

To elaborate on XelNya's comment, this is what happens when you let the girlfriend braid your hair:

XelNya 05-11-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackskull305 (Post 4730510)
Man... I used to have quite "the do" like 4-5 years ago XD... I've been keeping it nice and short these days though.

To elaborate on XelNya's comment, this is what happens when you let the girlfriend braid your hair:

How long did that take to undo I am lost where to start

Shadow_God_10 05-11-2020 09:29 PM

My hair is thick and bushy, so there's not much I can do with it except grow it, or buzz it off. I'm like a human Chia pet

sweet2kill210 05-11-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Whaaaaaat?! Fuck that, keep your sexy-ass hair if you feel good about it unless it says something in your employee handbook! But yeah, I feel like most people find long hair (I rock long hair, myself) on someone that presents as male to be "unprofessional" unless you keep it in a bun or pony-tail.... I think it's so stupid; as long as your hair doesn't look dirty, or you keep it in a hairnet (if you're in food service) what's the problem?

Funnygurl555 05-11-2020 11:41 PM

ok blackskull that length is lit

i took a shower and an extraordinary amount of hair fell out so I vid called my friend jess and I gotta name the hair ball now

edit:

Quote:

don't

Blackskull305 05-12-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4730514)
How long did that take to undo I am lost where to start

It only takes like 1-2 minutes to undo once you pull the bands out lol.. having long hair was too much maintenance. I really enjoyed it while it lasted though c: