Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why is {Rose} so hard? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153827)

Trollopy 01-25-2022 05:38 PM

Why is {Rose} so hard?

I've been trying to unlock {Midnight} but I can't seem to figure out the streams in {Rose}. There is a part that uses only 3 arrows that becomes left hand heavy for about 15 arrows and I can't seem to combo it without getting tons of boos/semi-mashing. What is it about that patten that is so hard and does anybody know how to get over this? Not sure if it's a mental block or just a very challenging pattern. I've gotten pretty good at holding PA combing streams I just can't do this one. Pls help

XelNya 01-25-2022 06:19 PM

Re: Why is {Rose} so hard?

If you're using R3, I'd recommend playing a lower rate to adjust to the slightly more jank patterning than you'd expect. Slowly bump up as you combo it cleanly consistently.

Alternatively, if you haven't yet, you could use mirror as an option to change which hand has that pattern. Not sure it will help all that much, but for some it does.

Trollopy 01-25-2022 07:43 PM

Thank you for the suggestions! Will try playing on lower speed. Also going to try mirror but unfortunately it has the same pattern for the right hand at the end XD.

Is it a known jank pattern? Glad it's not just me not being able to read it for whatever reason

Tantive72 01-25-2022 07:53 PM

I finally unlocked {Midnight} the other day after quite a few attempts. It definitely has some tricky patterns, especially when you're trying to get as little Greats as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollopy (Post 4775701)
Is it a known jank pattern? Glad it's not just me It's not just me not being able to read it for whatever reason

I'm not sure if it's a "known" jank pattern; it just looks like a very dense stream. (If I am thinking of the spot you're thinking of.) I would do what Xel said too as practice.

XelNya 01-25-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollopy (Post 4775701)
Thank you for the suggestions! Will try playing on lower speed. Also going to try mirror but unfortunately it has the same pattern for the right hand at the end XD.

Is it a known jank pattern? Glad it's not just me It's not just me not being able to read it for whatever reason

It's more like, at the time {Rose} was released a style of play commonly used was just playing with two fingers, rather than say four, and when you play it on that style it's a lot easier. Where because it's more of a one handed pattern when you play with four it becomes a lot harder, so it'd be comparable to say, Crossovers in DDR. You could hit them easily on a keyboard, but not as much with your feet.

I call it jank as a way of saying it's awkward, or feels out of place.

The short hand is, you don't have much practice on one handed patterns, and it'll be rough till you build it up.

Trollopy 01-25-2022 08:08 PM

Hell yeah, grats on the unlock! Midnight is a great song with an awesome step file. Wish it wasn't so hard to get. I don't know what it is about that stream It feels like it's as hard as a jumpstream or something I have no idea why I can't read it

Gotcha. I usually love hi19's files but this one is oddly difficult. Cant think of any other stream song in the game I have this sort of trouble with.

XelNya 01-26-2022 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollopy (Post 4775706)
Gotcha. I usually love hi19's files but this one is oddly difficult. Cant think of any other stream song in the game I have this sort of trouble with.

Go play Disregard real quick, you'll see what some awful stream patterns are like, at like 300 bpm rofl

hahahahahaha

trumaestro 01-26-2022 06:06 AM

I feel like I could have posted this exact thread during the 3rd official tournament

AAAorQUIT 01-26-2022 07:12 AM

i wanna try this now

hi19hi19 01-26-2022 01:39 PM

This whole thread brings a smile to my face.
Patterns that are very heavily on only 3 arrows are pretty deceptively tricky. I don't have any specific tips but I'm glad you're enjoying my files (usually) and I wish you good luck learning {Rose}!

Trollopy 01-26-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4775715)
This whole thread brings a smile to my face.
Patterns that are very heavily on only 3 arrows are pretty deceptively tricky. I don't have any specific tips but I'm glad you're enjoying my files (usually) and I wish you good luck learning {Rose}!

Thank you! =D I just learned about changing the song rate and can combo on 0.9 speed. Finally understanding the pattern will get teh unlock soon!

SubaruPoptart 01-26-2022 08:30 PM

I will say from when I tried to grind the AAA on this song a long time ago it's the streams at the end that would mess me up all the time. The hardest part of this song to me is the fact that the streams at the end are (I'm pretty sure) an exact mirror of the streams at the beginning so there's not really a way to use mirror on this. If you do mirror it you'll have the hard streams at the beginning and save the easy ones for the end, though. Hopefully that makes sense :)

FirstMaple8 01-27-2022 10:05 AM

embrace tha awkwardness, learn to love it its the only way

klimtkiller 01-28-2022 04:17 AM

it’s not hard.
ur just bad ;))

rushyrulz 02-1-2022 11:41 AM

Rose is a little jank yeah, but nothing compared to Over the Frail Dream and Queen of Bootlegs levels of jank, which are nothing compared to Vantablack levels of jank.

PhantomPuppy 02-1-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4775809)
Rose is a little jank yeah, but nothing compared to Over the Frail Dream and Queen of Bootlegs levels of jank, which are nothing compared to Vantablack levels of jank.

As the jedi master, Qui-Gon Jinn, once said, "There's always a bigger jank."