Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bugs that don't deserve their own thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120849)

Bolth mannn 03-26-2020 06:41 PM

Re: Bugs that don't deserve their own thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayden1234 (Post 4722744)
If you go to settings, try selecting "force new judge mode" near the framerate setting. If that doesn't work, increase your framerate to 31 at a minimum. This bug isn't specific to The Games We Played (Full Edition) and applies to every song longer than 10 minutes, I think. If you play TGWP Full, Starbound, or Ants of the Sky with a framerate ⩽30, it will be muted for some reason.
EDIT: This is assuming you're playing on the standalone. I don't know if the framerate fix applies to the browser version, which you should not be playing anyway.

Thanks ticked the force new judge mode and it worked <3

All the other 10 minute plus songs worked, strange

bobi28 04-28-2020 07:21 AM

search bar keeps breaking.
when i want to search for some song e.g. Spider Dance it dosen't show that song... that happend to me 2 times today and yesterday 3 times.
please fix it

AyyItzDylan 05-1-2020 08:28 AM

For some reason, my game was running fine one to two weeks ago, and now im noticing lag with nothing changed.

PrawnSkunk 05-1-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyyItzDylan (Post 4728711)
For some reason, my game was running fine one to two weeks ago, and now im noticing lag with nothing changed.

Are you playing on the web or desktop? What engine version does it say in the top-right corner? (0.0.8, 1.1.1, etc.)

flashextender145 06-14-2020 08:18 PM

I was playing the game and played a song that 3 arrows in one line. I clearly pressed those arrows but the game didnt register it. Is there any setting I might need to change or is this a bug?

mi40 06-14-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashextender145 (Post 4731549)
I was playing the game and played a song that 3 arrows in one line. I clearly pressed those arrows but the game didnt register it. Is there any setting I might need to change or is this a bug?

i think that happens when your keyboard is of a certain type
like a bunch of keys are linked with 1 electric wire

have you tried changing your key settings? try something like two letters, and two numbers or two numpad keys

VisD 06-14-2020 09:16 PM

yeah ^
keyboard ghosting
try out this site for a combination of keys that works for your keyboard: https://drakeirving.github.io/MultiKeyDisplay/

gold stinger 06-20-2020 08:40 PM

The song 'Jack-the-ripper' has an extra unicode 'A' symbol at the end of its name in-game, but shows fine on the website. Might have something to do with the new engine's font.

hi19hi19 06-23-2020 04:09 PM

Since we recently determined in Discord that St. Scarhand [Heavy]'s chart is also by who_cares and jimerax, could it possibly at some point be updated to include those two as contributing step artists? Thanks.

PrawnSkunk 06-23-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4732399)
Since we recently determined in Discord that St. Scarhand [Heavy]'s chart is also by who_cares and jimerax, could it possibly at some point be updated to include those two as contributing step artists? Thanks.

Updated. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=1404

hi19hi19 06-23-2020 04:54 PM

thank you!

(wow I didn't realize you guys had updated all of carlos' files to be credited to the WV account, neat)

The Ice Cream Queen 06-29-2020 07:27 PM

I've just noticed there was no FC label for me on "Yellow Lasers" and replayed it to get an FC, but after getting on i'm still not getting a label?

Not a big deal but just confused as to why and thought i'd let ya know lmao

thanks

TheSaxRunner05 06-29-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ice Cream Queen (Post 4732911)
I've just noticed there was no FC label for me on "Yellow Lasers" and replayed it to get an FC, but after getting on i'm still not getting a label?

thanks

Sometimes you have to refresh your engine to have the flags come up on each song

sk8tr220 06-30-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ice Cream Queen (Post 4732911)

thanks

If you have a better score on the non-FC run than on an FC run the non-FC run stays there and thus no FC label. Hope that makes sense.

The Ice Cream Queen 06-30-2020 05:14 AM

Ah that does make sense, i'm confused as to how i got a run better that wasn't an fc tthough hahah. that must be rare no?

justin_ator 06-30-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ice Cream Queen (Post 4732943)
Ah that does make sense, i'm confused as to how i got a run better that wasn't an fc tthough hahah. that must be rare no?

It really depends on the score. FFR has handled scores in two ways over time - Raw Score & Combo-based scoring. Combo-based used to be the norm, where combo was heavily rewarded and encouraged mashing on songs to achieve higher scores. This method has been deprecated to give way for raw score, which is heavily weighted towards accuracy. To sum it up:

Perfect: 50 pts
Good: 25 pts
Average: 5 pts
Miss: -10 pts
Boo: -5 pts

So if you had an FC run where you avoided any -10 but had a lot of average/boos for example, you could have a lower score than otherwise.

To give a numbers example:
A score of
500-30-10-0-2 (25,790)
is not going to be as good as
509-25-5-1-2 (26,080)
and this would result in your FC being overwritten.

TheSaxRunner05 06-30-2020 11:11 AM

I bet if they made the FC flag permanent, we wouldn’t have one of of three bug reports being a loss of a FC :p

justin_ator 06-30-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4732946)
I bet if they made the FC flag permanent, we wouldn’t have one of of three bug reports being a loss of a FC :p

True - it has been reported as an issue here along with discussion - I would encourage anyone with an interest in this topic to give that a look and weigh in!

SK8R43 07-2-2020 11:48 AM

Not sure why this is happening now...but i played whimper wall(changed my keysetup for it so i dont ruin my keys) and after playing it a few times now i cant play other songs.
I tried multiple setups, i tried restarting the engine and nothing?
The key inputs work before the arrows come on screen but then i cant hit any and fail out. lol

Hakulyte 07-2-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4733112)
Not sure why this is happening now...but i played whimper wall(changed my keysetup for it so i dont ruin my keys) and after playing it a few times now i cant play other songs.
I tried multiple setups, i tried restarting the engine and nothing?
The key inputs work before the arrows come on screen but then i cant hit any and fail out. lol

Sounds like a case of clear your cache to make your game reset itself.