Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

NocturneAunamic 03-11-2011 12:07 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatofIke (Post 3433046)
That's probably true.

Not if the results aren't so weird again. Having one super low grade from a judge while you have other consistent 4s/5s shouldn't **** up your chances.

TC_Halogen 03-11-2011 12:12 PM

People are getting a little too upset about the ratings. If a judge has a ton to say about your file and they gave you a low rating when the other judges gave you high ones, you probably should be getting upset at the higher ratings for not noticing mistakes and effectively getting your hopes up.

Those with consistent ratings throughout all judges obviously have fixes that need to be made.

If there's an issue with the judge opinion that results in a sudden drop in scores, and doesn't seem legitimate, present a case in the thread so that one of the head judges can see it. I really don't understand what the huge issue is.

leonid 03-11-2011 12:13 PM

The only issue is that their files got rejected

leonid 03-11-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic (Post 3433055)
Not if the results aren't so weird again. Having one super low grade from a judge while you have other consistent 4s/5s shouldn't **** up your chances.

That's the point of having several judges. It's not that that one judge killed your chances. It's rather those other judges saved your simfile from being abysmal to being kinda feasible with some fixes.

qqwref 03-11-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3433059)
People are getting a little too upset about the ratings. If a judge has a ton to say about your file and they gave you a low rating when the other judges gave you high ones, you probably should be getting upset at the higher ratings for not noticing mistakes and effectively getting your hopes up.

Right, because all low ratings are because the judge found a lot of problems...
"file needs way more variation in steps than what you have. [-]"
"[-] Uh very well made file, but why does it cut off so suddenly?"
"[?] not really worth the v2 IMO"

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying these reviews are necessarily badly done, just that not all low ratings are the result of a lot of problems with the file. Nobody in their right mind is going to appeal a low rating when there are a ton of reasonable complaints to go along with it.

bmah 03-11-2011 12:44 PM

Just ask a judge if you have any specific questions. I've already addressed ichlie's case successfully.

@Halo: of course, you know your priorities, so don't worry about votes

TC_Halogen 03-11-2011 12:54 PM

Well, I had sent my votes before the hospital. I was just talking for her. :)

(Unless for some reason, she wants to do them while at the hospital after labor is finished, she actually is on her laptop right now, lol)

Plan_Bsk81127 03-11-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3433071)
Right, because all low ratings are because the judge found a lot of problems...
"file needs way more variation in steps than what you have. [-]"
"[-] Uh very well made file, but why does it cut off so suddenly?"
"[?] not really worth the v2 IMO"

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying these reviews are necessarily badly done, just that not all low ratings are the result of a lot of problems with the file. Nobody in their right mind is going to appeal a low rating when there are a ton of reasonable complaints to go along with it.

This one made me lol just because the V1 for that file was like a lv 4 and the V2 submitted was like a 9.

psychoangel691 03-11-2011 12:56 PM

I'll get to em but not gonna do it 10cm dilated XD (which i am right now >.>)

-Barista- 03-11-2011 01:09 PM

So uhhh yea. Everybody chill'd out yet?

TC_Halogen 03-11-2011 01:10 PM

Nobody is ever chilled out on FFR; where have you been, bro?

NocturneAunamic 03-11-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3433065)
That's the point of having several judges. It's not that that one judge killed your chances. It's rather those other judges saved your simfile from being abysmal to being kinda feasible with some fixes.

I guess thats a good way to look at it, but seeing as the majority of judges rated the same (4), chances were statistically that I had a 75% chance i was bound to get a light accept anyways with one judge. But its not that i'm proposing for one judge. I just find it kinda cruddy one poor score out of a group of accepts can ruin your chances, but i guess that situation is applicable in many places.

leonid 03-11-2011 01:21 PM

Why not just fix your file tho

DossarLX ODI 03-11-2011 01:25 PM

My metro file originally got 11

I made fixes and even looked around the file - I noticed some parts myself that could've been made better that the judges didn't mention, especially the hard reject
5/5/1/5

Then sent again

Making changes to a file doesn't make you immune to hard rejects for something like what qqwref stated.

NocturneAunamic 03-11-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3433092)
Why not just fix your file tho

I plan to, but thats not the point, if people are still getting worse scores after fixing what the judges point out to be flawed, that gives even a lesser incentive to resubmit/submit. Plus the file got a 4, so it's not terrible, but I wanna know if there is a somewhat established 1-5 criteria since I don't exactly know what differentiates a 1 file from a 4 file seeing as i got both ratings.

championanwar 03-11-2011 02:57 PM

We suspect she may be retarded.

kommisar 03-11-2011 03:50 PM

Tru ffr dedication: thinking of judging while preparing for labor lmao

Silvuh 03-11-2011 04:05 PM

I just had a rage spasm over A Battle for the Sky.

I won't be available today or tomorrow, so I'll get back to file stuff in a few days.

I'm going to compare as many version of this file as I have and all the comments ask everyone about them specifically and try to come up with some kind of compromise between everything ... then send multiple versions, all to anyone who would like to look at my file again, take those comments and finally figure out how this track should best be stepped.
And then I'll send it in whenever the batch opens again (because it's ineligible for resubmission) and watch as it gets rejected again. [Ha ha ha, these are my sarcasm brackets.]

The unfixing epidemic either means: 1) judges should be more specific or, 2) simartists need to ask for more specifics, which means that judges weren't clear in the first place anyway, or 3) some other option so I'm not making a false dichotomy.

Unfixing: when listening to the judge's comments and making corrections results in an even lower score. This is what I'm calling it until someone else comes up with a better word.

kommisar 03-11-2011 04:14 PM

call it subjectivity. There is such a thing as a file that's genrally liked by most people

who_cares973 03-11-2011 04:16 PM

Just keep resubmitting and eventually it will get in because no one will want to see you resubmit it again(see metro and devour)