Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I ****ing loathe cynicism. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=126296)

A2P 09-29-2012 08:24 PM

I ****ing loathe cynicism.

It accomplishes NOTHING, to trot around and down talk to everyone and everything, whether it be menial as what happened at work today, or as major as the current economic status of the country, and act like your statements help the situation. IT DOESN'T. Cynics don't help at all when they mock someone for working at a minimum wage job, like they're second-class beings. THEY'RE NOT, YOU JACKASS. They're doing something productive with their time, and yeah, working at McDonalds, or Kroger, or Wal-Mart - they might not be the best jobs in the world, but at least they're doing honest work, and you MOCK them! You insult them for their struggles, and you attach an unnecessary stigma around minimum wage jobs as if working at one is a dead end on their life. What the fuck are you doing then? Nothing! Because you're too busy gloating around just to boost your own unwarranted self-esteem. You're PATHETIC. Fuck you.

There's more examples of cynicism than jobs, but this one infuriates me the most.

Netjet! 09-29-2012 08:28 PM

Re: I ****ing loathe cynicism.

Ugh I agree with you 100%. It pisses me off to the core to have people that act like this.

gold stinger 09-29-2012 08:34 PM

I work at Shoppers Drug Mart (which would be equivalent or just a bit less than Wal-Mart,) as a Co-operative Education student still in school to obtain credits that go towards my high school diploma, and I would say that my job is a dead-end job in the respect that it's hard work, but there are better jobs out there. Jobs with better income, better breaks, and less stressful in general.

DossarLX ODI 09-29-2012 08:46 PM

A lot of my rage comes from how other people are treated as well. I always try to help/be nice when I can. Of course this doesn't always happen, but I agree that the way things work in the world are ****ed up.

awein999 09-29-2012 08:56 PM

agree with you sir. I hate it so much I tend to avoid thinking about it in detail.

UserNameGoesHere 09-29-2012 09:05 PM

Irony: This thread is cynical of cynicism. :-P

In any case, I completely agree that people shouldn't look down on people for having "lesser" (in quotes because I don't necessarily agree they are of lesser importance .. they're usually very important that someone does the jobs) jobs. Many people with "better" (Again, in quotes for similar reasons) jobs really either just had good connections, got lucky, or etc... and aren't any more qualified than others and sometimes much less qualified.

Then you have the class of vastly overpaid celebrities, athletes, and higher executive types.

Are they better people? I wouldn't say so. Do they accomplish more for humanity, relatively speaking, in comparison to pay? I would say in most cases no. They just ended up with cushy high-paying jobs is all -- it doesn't mean they're better people just that they have more money and influence.

justin_ator 09-29-2012 10:29 PM

As a McD worker that gets harassed on this site itself,

thank you for this thread.

That is all.

moches 09-29-2012 11:09 PM

Ironically, it's the people with the most inflated opinions of themselves that contribute the least to everything.

A+ thread.

Tristana 09-29-2012 11:12 PM

hey i have friends that go to berkeley that work minimum wage jobs to supplement their education

but they dont spend time loafing around on ffr either oops !!!!

justin_ator 09-29-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristana (Post 3780183)
hey i have friends that go to berkeley that work minimum wage jobs to supplement their education

but they dont spend time loafing around on ffr either oops !!!!

Nice thread contribution.

So because I get on FFR in my free time at night after work I'm less of a person?

Tristana 09-29-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3780191)
Nice thread contribution.

So because I get on FFR in my free time at night after work I'm less of a person?

AlexDest 09-29-2012 11:25 PM

****ing.

Thank.

You.

Agreed, it's people who don't do anything productive are cynical. They think they could get a much better job and decide to talk down to anyone with a minimum-wage job.

Just got to watch as their dreams are crushed when they can't do any better, or rather rejected.

FissionMailed1 09-29-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristana (Post 3780194)

ohboyherewego.png

Tristana 09-29-2012 11:28 PM

ps justin if you were really the person i'd expect you to be

i would expect you to brush off my comments and stand up for yourself like a boss
aka tell me off how you're working a job to meet your education needs
cause that's respectable :shock:

justin_ator 09-29-2012 11:31 PM

I've already told you I'm working this job to pay for my education. And I've also stated that I'm now looking for a new one because I'll be supporting myself entirely and my pay right now isn't going to cut it.

Either way, I'm not gonna derail this thread more, so have a good night Ji

xferrarix 09-29-2012 11:50 PM

lol i work at a dollar tree and all i can say is wow

the people i have come in are the most cynical people. some will get pissed i won't give them a cash refund of a dollar for their one return (?????????????????????), and others will down talk me like i'm retarded when i'm bagging their stuff (please separate my window cleaner from my animal crackers, because i know you'll put them together you sick son of a bitch of a cashier)

dayum i'm 19 i can't do much about my working life when i'm only one year through school and have no experience outside of dollar tree and extracurricular stuff from school i participated in

lumphoboextreme 09-29-2012 11:55 PM

Sometimes I wish I had a stable job, everything has it's ups and downs. A lot of people look down on me for gambling for income. :/

No matter how far you go there will always be someone looking down on you in almost all cases.

Hope I never turn into some rich douche who puts down everyone else.

i heart candy 09-29-2012 11:57 PM

Lol, sadly it's happened a couple of times on FFR. *cough* Anaru

Tristana 09-30-2012 12:03 AM

my girlfriend is having a seizure better post on ffr

my life sucks better post on ffr !!!!!!!

moches 09-30-2012 12:08 AM

One thing that all these cynics have in common is that they completely lack empathy and understanding for the circumstances other people are in. They believe that if people are in bad situations, it must be because they are bad people, and that justifies their looking down on them. They're the same people who shout about how nobody tries hard enough when they were handed everything on a silver platter.