Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How'd You Find Out About FFR (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96584)

Mistress_Luna94 07-24-2008 09:57 AM

How'd You Find Out About FFR

hi everyone! how'd u all find out about FFR. i found out about it by my 2nd cousin XxmimitehkittyxX telling me about it and i just wanted to join. :D

~Luna

Quigly 07-24-2008 09:59 AM

Re: How'd You Find Out About FFR

I was downloading simfiles here and then I see a little button at the top of the screen. Curious I press it and find myself playing FFR and BAM! I was hooked. :D

Adamaja456 07-24-2008 10:02 AM

my friend was talking to me about some game like DDR and there was a bumble bee song that his friend could get like 30 seconds into.

So i went home and made an account and played FOTBB over and over again hahaha

Andiana 07-24-2008 10:07 AM

Too long ago to remember. D:
I think my friend Whitney was talking about it on some forum that I used to be on ages ago. I THINK. Not sure anymore.

dark_soul 07-24-2008 10:08 AM

My bestfriend was telling me about this rhythm game and how she was placing first in almost all the songs [this was of course years ago when CIA was pretty much impossible] so I came on to check it out and haven't left this good ole game since =]

TheRapingDragon 07-24-2008 10:11 AM

I was pretty sure there was a thread like this, but seeing as how the FFR search removes "how / did / you" it makes it a little hard to find "how did you find FFR" in titles.

Anyway,

Back in 2003-4 an old forum friend mentioned that he played FFR, when asked what it was he replied "some crappy online DDR game". I didn't even know what DDR was then, so I had to ask more questions.

He didn't really sell it so I never actually signed up or played more than a few games as a guest.

Once I left the other forum the same friend told me to play FFR again. I thought "I have no other forum so why not", ended up joining the forums and the rest is history I guess.

welsh_girl 07-24-2008 10:14 AM

was searching Google for stuff like videos on DDR and FFR came up, so I thought I'd click.

Crashfan3 07-24-2008 10:14 AM

At school one day (I was a freshman at the time) some guy was sitting there breaking a sweat on SkellyBones.

I'm like "Well that looks fun", so I went home and started playing it.

stretchypanda 07-24-2008 10:15 AM

Guido.

I still remember the day my away message was "Playing FFR" and he said, "What?! Now I REALLY love you!"

fastfingers65 07-24-2008 10:18 AM

back in 06 I came across this site when I was looking for an online studio

knuckles2224 07-24-2008 10:20 AM

There what already a thread made like this wasn't there?...

Anyways my friend ShadowManV6 who's now known as Corrupt_XIII Showed me this site he played it in school and I started it as well.

Breakdown16 07-24-2008 10:24 AM

A few years ago, my friend showed it to me. I was interested for a few minutes, but I quit.

About one year ago, I was bored during summer. I just randomly happened to remember FFR, and I picked it up again.

All_That_Chaz 07-24-2008 10:27 AM

Stretchy played FFR? *checks* I'll be darned, 374 games played. Haha, and 5 within the last year.

My freshman roommate in college found it at some point that year and got me to check it out. I still remember failing Contra-Distinction horribly in my first gameplay. I learned a valuable skill early and by the end of the night was mashing HELLBEAT =p My friends couldn't believe I was passing it.

Emo_Saur_ 07-24-2008 10:27 AM

Daycare a long time ago a kid was playing a synth file (jesus christ), he has horrible epilepsy and started having a seizure. I was like wow that was scary. Couple months later it happened again, so I was like I have to play this to see what it was all about. I apperently don't have epilepsy.

championanwar 07-24-2008 10:29 AM

at the end of the 6th grade, my friends were playing it, and it looked fun, so i tried at and have been hooked ever since... now im going in the 12th grade hehe

stretchypanda 07-24-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 2385827)
Stretchy played FFR? *checks* I'll be darned, 374 games played. Haha, and 5 within the last year.

My freshman roommate in college found it at some point that year and got me to check it out. I still remember failing Contra-Distinction horribly in my first gameplay. I learned a valuable skill early and by the end of the night was mashing HELLBEAT =p My friends couldn't believe I was passing it.

Every now and then I play to show someone else what this website I'm always on is. Although I have a token that I KNOW I did not play for. I think Andy accidentally played under my sign-in, but he swears he didn't.

Redorigami 07-24-2008 10:51 AM

Like three of my friends were playing it after school waiting for the buses. They were like trying to pass Neomax and LOZ, and I just wanted to play to be better than them. Considering they're no longer even active, I think I achieved that goal.

Kekeb 07-24-2008 10:58 AM

I remember my old geography teacher used to play DDR, either it was him or someone in my class whom mentioned FFR and Stepmania.
EDIT: I guess it was late 2004 and early 2005.

txc47 07-24-2008 11:18 AM

A long time ago when FFR was on addictinggames.com, 4 or 5 years. When Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 7 was on the game.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to those songs? They were my favorite ones to play.

Redorigami 07-24-2008 11:21 AM

Withdrawn due to legal permission issues.