Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pulsen (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121425)

gnr61 05-1-2012 02:49 PM

Re: Pulsen

jousway is like lurker -- full of righteous stepmania anger

Choofers 05-1-2012 03:10 PM

but lurker makes good stepfiles

Saturn2888 05-1-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jousway (Post 3685515)
best part is, saturn almost did nothing for pulsen, he just took some jobs, made some money, and payed people that worked on sm5 to do the stuff for him, the only thing he basicly did was do some edits in the theme that midiman made which he still hasnt fully payed for, yeah saturn you still own midiman like 200 dollars, pay up ****er.

I keep noticing that Midiman himself never says a word about this. If Midiman wants something, he's perfectly welcome to contact me.

Pulsen is financed using my own money, and I'm working on it full time. Sure, I'd like to reclaim the investment; saying anything else would be dishonest, but I'm still in the red by a lot.

I don't really mind people speculating as to how much I've worked on the game. Anyone who wants to know can just ask me.

For now, I just want to focus on making the game all it can be, and arguing on forums would take away time from doing just that.

Thanks,
-- Kevin

rushyrulz 05-1-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jousway
words

Holy shit...

bmah 05-1-2012 11:02 PM

As much as there's quite an obvious opinion from the majority of this community, please keep it civil.

TC_Halogen 05-1-2012 11:42 PM

Can people stop treating Kevin like he's a pile of garbage? I'm so tired of people like Jousway and vyhd making up garbage about how Kevin hasn't done anything/paid anyone because it's not the case.

I happen to be on the team and I usually see progress made to the game, with added code from either him or Jason being compiled almost immediately. I never feel like I'm out of the loop, and I actually enjoy using Pulsen's editor, which happens to be better than SM5's editor as is.

Hasn't anyone noticed that Kevin has actually tried taking people's suggestions to stride without having a rude/sarcastic attitude? Yet, people continue to bash him and act like a bunch of pricks, and to be honest, I'm getting very tired of it. If you don't like the game, don't support it -- be mature, leave it alone, and let it be produced. If you actually have legitimate suggestions, Kevin is more than willing to listen. Enough is enough already -- stop acting like a bunch of 12 year olds.

rushyrulz 05-2-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnr61 (Post 3685419)
yea this is the wrong community to probe about this kind of thing lol. we all enjoy and are so familiar with Stepmania -- it's free, has unlimited simfiles by skilled authors who understand the intricacies of keyboard play, has 6key compatibility (huge), and supports custom simfile creation (super huge -- for two years the only time i spent playing the game was in the editor, and many others are the same).

we play the game and produce content/music/themes for it because we have a passion for it. the fact that pulsen's chart-authors and graphic artists are paid doesn't put them on any higher ground.

this would be a good game for novices who want a fully packaged rhythm game experience at a flat rate with little thought to customization. you're approaching a community of veterans with what's invariably going to be perceived as a bastardized and monetarily exploitative adaptation of a game they love -- how can you expect anything but flack?

This is pretty much 100% correct, I'd like to add. This is the wrong audience.

vyhd 05-2-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3685950)
Can people stop treating Kevin like he's a pile of garbage? I'm so tired of people like Jousway and vyhd making up garbage about how Kevin hasn't done anything/paid anyone because it's not the case.

Hi! I can't say I'm particularly fond of being dragged back into this, but here's a minor rebuttal.

In the posts I'd written, I had stuck entirely to conversations and talking points for which I have evidence, e.g. conversation logs (mine and other people's), IRC logs, and the voicemail he left on my phone. There's a lot of stuff I left out because I don't have convincing evidence of it. Anytime you see a word or phrases in quote marks, that's a verbatim quote from an IM or IRC log.

Quote:

Hasn't anyone noticed that Kevin has actually tried taking people's suggestions to stride without having a rude/sarcastic attitude?

Of course we have; that's how he works. He's very nice and courteous when he's dealing directly with someone or other people are watching. And yet, we've got a lot of anecdotes of him being rude, condescending, and trashing people's work behind their backs while telling them it's great to their face (so to speak).

I don't care if you don't think he's two-faced, and I don't care if you're telling people that he's not that bad a guy -- frankly, I'm done with him and his projects, and I'm emotionally past all of this petty bullshit -- but don't tell me that the experiences I've had are "made-up garbage".

Choofers 05-2-2012 01:51 AM

looks like some...

stepmania drama

vyhd 05-2-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3685986)
looks like some...

stepmania drama

best get the popcorn

Jousway 05-2-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Can people stop treating Kevin like he's a pile of garbage? I'm so tired of people like Jousway and vyhd making up garbage about how Kevin

hey **** you, we arnt making shit up, saturn is really like that, he is banned from multible irc channels because he is a 2 faced ****er, if you have no problems with him thats all fine and all for you, but dont say we make this shit up, if you want more info, join the #sm-ssc and ask some people there, or even better read http://pastebin.com/2kGrmAQU it pretty much shows enough, so dont give me ****ing bullshit that I'm making stuff up.

"I keep noticing that Midiman himself never says a word about this. If Midiman wants something, he's perfectly welcome to contact me. "
midiman isn't contacting you because he gave up contacting you, you pissed him off enough that he doesn't want to even hear or see anything related to you like most people, why don't you just put the 200 dollar's on his paypal because you have payed him before, and just be done with it.

edit: oh and TC_Halogen by that post you showed me how ****en retarded you are so you are insta on my retarded ****er list with other ****ers like yaboy and other peoples opinion's which are ****ing retarded and have no value to me, that basicly means this is the last respond to your retarded posts and I wont resond to you in the future, congratulations

nois-or-e 05-2-2012 06:58 AM

Alright, everyone can knock it off with the popcorn gifs and the rage-posts.

If you wish to discuss things in a heated nature, I would advise that you all do so via other means of communication such as PMs/Skype/Aim/email. I personally don't care where, but here is not the place.