Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Anaru 01-17-2012 05:29 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

ps) i cant fc speedcore 300 therefore it must suc

>:C

ninjaKIWI 01-17-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaru (Post 3618032)

ps) i cant fc speedcore 300 therefore it must suc

>:C

Hopefully we'll get some files more difficult than a 4 from you this batch.

MarioNintendo 01-17-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3618010)
I ask myself the same question :P

But at least the past few times I've judged has been somewhat consistent with the other judge's ratings, so I suppose "not knowing what I'm talking about" is an overstatement haha.

... What? xD Come on, Wilson, I love you and all, but even I can see that the fact one is consistent with other people's ratings doesn't mean he's fair. You have to find better qualities than that :razz:

AlexDest 01-17-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3618022)
The chart you have would be before all the fixes.

have u acquired the knowledge of how to step speedcore

111% doubtful

Netjet! 01-17-2012 08:33 PM

Oh hey what's going on in he-

oh

i love you 01-17-2012 08:37 PM

IMO this is how I see it:

Good FFR Judge: Someone who knows how to judge a file based on that person's stepping style. Someone who plays the file first before looking in the editor. Someone who base their judging more on fun factor rather then the file being technically correct. Someone who does not play favoritism and judges each file equally regardless of who the stepper is (I honestly think less people does this if not all). Someone who rates files based on reason rather then subjectiveness and someone who can actually step files well and know what they are talking about.

Bad FFR Judge: Someone who judges files based on their stepping style rather then the person who stepped the file in the first place. Someone who cares more about the file being technically correct rather then fun factor. Someone who can not step files well enough to understand what is truly going on with the file. Someone who gives bad ratings because of a few minor errors or that the song choice was bad in their opinion (notice that I did not mention about repetitiveness because that is a totally different factor). Someone who does not play the file first before looking at the editor and last but not yet, someone who accepts a file based on favoritism or because of the fact that the person is known to make good files. Just because someone is known to make good simfiles does not mean that every single one of their files is going to be great or considered an automatically accept. If you are currently an FFR judge who has this mindset, get that shit out of your head right now. Judge all files equally.

PS: Do not take what I said seriously. It is probably bad advice. (:

AlexDest 01-17-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3618173)
Oh hey what's going on in he-

oh

AJs face is the answer for everything

One Winged Angel 01-17-2012 08:37 PM

Hypermidnite Industries

TC_Halogen 01-17-2012 08:49 PM

Back on topic, I'm actually excited for next batch - I should cap out at 4 files, but if my next file gets 2 points (18+), then I'll be up to 5. Crossing my fingers!

Right now, I have Crimson Flood, ERIS, Blackout (not quite done), Streams of Red and Orange (also not quite done), and hopefully, I'll have one of the latin songs that I found on newgrounds finished. I just can't wait for this batch to be over and done with judging-wise - yes, I still have quite a few files to judge.

Anaru 01-17-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexDest (Post 3618175)
AJs face is the answer for everything

it's so true..

who_cares973 01-17-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3617891)
just wanted to stop by and say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsz4L-IzQZo would be an incredible file, for FFR or otherwise

this is great
Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3617892)
repetitive jumpstream/32nd roll dump, or understepped awkward 16th stream file

i invite someone to prove me wrong though, it is quite a nice song

i'll prove you wrong

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3618174)
IMO this is how I see it:

Good FFR Judge: Someone who knows how to judge a file based on that person's stepping style. Someone who plays the file first before looking in the editor. Someone who base their judging more on fun factor rather then the file being technically correct. Someone who does not play favoritism and judges each file equally regardless of who the stepper is (I honestly think less people does this if not all). Someone who rates files based on reason rather then subjectiveness and someone who can actually step files well and know what they are talking about.

Bad FFR Judge: Someone who judges files based on their stepping style rather then the person who stepped the file in the first place. Someone who cares more about the file being technically correct rather then fun factor. Someone who can not step files well enough to understand what is truly going on with the file. Someone who gives bad ratings because of a few minor errors or that the song choice was bad in their opinion (notice that I did not mention about repetitiveness because that is a totally different factor). Someone who does not play the file first before looking at the editor and last but not yet, someone who accepts a file based on favoritism or because of the fact that the person is known to make good files. Just because someone is known to make good simfiles does not mean that every single one of their files is going to be great or considered an automatically accept. If you are currently an FFR judge who has this mindset, get that shit out of your head right now. Judge all files equally.

PS: Do not take what I said seriously. It is probably bad advice. (:

i take bribes does that make me a bad judge?

Choofers 01-18-2012 01:41 AM

choofers for ffr judge

Ziergdsx18 01-18-2012 01:42 AM

choofers for admin

☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

hi19hi19 01-18-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3618288)
this is great

i'll prove you wrong

Sounds like techno dildo which is why I said that lmao

If you're going to make a legit chart make sure to also make a dumpy edit for your fans 8)

VisD 01-18-2012 07:03 AM

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

sticklydude 01-18-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3618385)
and I have yet to touch FFR's huge batch.

D:

iironiic 01-18-2012 12:08 PM

On a serious note, I will probably submit my notes soon.

hi19hi19 01-18-2012 12:09 PM

you werent kidding with that warning damn

MarioNintendo 01-18-2012 12:36 PM

On a serious note, I will probably get excited about those notes. :3

Anaru 01-18-2012 01:15 PM

false hype for batch notes everyday ._.