Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Drop-Down Song List Suggestion (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=98257)

TC_Halogen 08-21-2008 03:51 AM

Drop-Down Song List Suggestion

Well, many of the new players don't know where everything--so they more than likely either spend a while searching for the song they are looking for, or they choose the option that consumes less time, the drop-down song list. However, in MP, this is a bad setup--because if the wrong song is accidentally picked, they have to refresh. The main problem is--any song you pick through the list, will load after clicking only one time. I wouldn't doubt that this has happened to a few people already.

Suggestion: Make the song-list require two clicks to choose a song instead of one, just like the in-game song choices.

Add-on: If the song list is selected for choosing songs, have the Settings, FFR News, and Challenge boxes disappear; this way you can have the song list also show the song that you have picked after the single click, and if you want to change to a new one, you can see this also.

Other ideas:
Difficulty filter within the song list (operationstrawbarry)

operationstrawbarry 08-21-2008 03:54 AM

Re: Drop-Down Song List Suggestion

The concept is awsome, but its right now to disorganized. You have to scroll down like 500+ songs before you even find you're song.

The songs should be organized by the files difficulty, not in alphabetical order. Like if you click FMO, it should show all FMO songs. Now thats actually useful. This should also go for single player and for MP. Actually, this should of been done from the beginning to be honest.

TC_Halogen 08-21-2008 04:03 AM

I definitely like that idea. It would condense the song list and make things even easier to find.

Go_Oilers_Go 08-21-2008 04:06 AM

While you can't limit the song criteria to certain difficulties, you can still sort the songs by difficulty which is essentially the same thing.

P.S. +1 Support for Halogen's idea.

spinal_compression 08-21-2008 05:45 AM

Support.

Bluearrowll 08-21-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operationstrawbarry (Post 2649423)
The concept is awsome, but its right now to disorganized. You have to scroll down like 500+ songs before you even find you're song.

The songs should be organized by the files difficulty, not in alphabetical order. Like if you click FMO, it should show all FMO songs. Now thats actually useful. This should also go for single player and for MP. Actually, this should of been done from the beginning to be honest.

It DOES sort in difficulty though.

Sort by: Name - Diffcult

This hasn't happened to me yet but I'll support.

rzr 08-21-2008 08:58 AM

This could be beneficial. I don't think I would really notice if it was implemented, though.

TC_Halogen 08-21-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 2649546)
This could be beneficial. I don't think I would really notice if it was implemented, though.

nonononoyougoupdateyourtourneyyoudon'tbelonghere. DX

Hahaha--but yeah, it actually happened to me--cause since I'm on dial-up, I have to spend a lot of time loading songs, so I can tell if I picked the right song or not; I was going to pick Kamonene 100% after it had frozen at 97% progress, but when I reloaded...I hit the wrong song...and that's when I realized: "erm, MP first-timers.".