Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Years Tournament! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121662)

justin_ator 01-1-2012 02:42 AM

Re: New Years Tournament!

Depending on how things go, might be implementing the +1.0 and -1.0 limit on speedmods. I'll be talking this over with yo man

MikeShinoda12345 01-1-2012 03:39 AM

god I hate this song
I'm not even gonna post my current best to help the confidence of my division

konacraze22 01-1-2012 04:48 AM

Well here is my score. So close to an AAA but it will have to do I guess.

Is it possible if I get a better score that I can replace this current screenshot with another one?

MikeShinoda12345 01-1-2012 04:54 AM

lol okay so I moved my speedmod down 1 and got
and then I plugged the numbers into excel and got 61044.1
decrease O.o

justin_ator 01-1-2012 05:00 AM

Yes, konacraze, you can post as many improvement screenshots as you like until the round ends :]

wildfireskunk 01-1-2012 05:01 AM

Don't you go stopping me form using 0.25x now, or I'm gonna be pissed \o/

Also...

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3593431)
We reserve the right to request video proof for any user at any time.

/r/ videos of people playing at 100,000x speed! :p

FrozenAngel91 01-1-2012 05:13 AM

Going up in speed is making me learn to hate breaks in streams. I'm hitting notes that don't exist constantly >.<

frigtionn 01-1-2012 05:42 AM

LOL at restarts, but I finally got it AAA

sticklydude 01-1-2012 06:57 AM

I don't understand the speedmod thing still.

rip me in this tourney.

if this gets me eliminated i dont give a ****
not playing this again

popsicle_3000 01-1-2012 07:23 AM

in the spreadsheet, there are two final raw scores. one says next to it higher, and other says lower speed. whats the deal with that?

wildfireskunk 01-1-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3603547)
in the spreadsheet, there are two final raw scores. one says next to it higher, and other says lower speed. whats the deal with that?

The whole formula is based off of how far from your 'default' speedmod you play. If you go slower then you get less of a bonus than if you were to go higher, so it shows the 2 different values since it just knows the difference, not if you went higher or lower. You need to use the one you know is correct.

I also assume that if you use a slower speedmod, due to the limitations of programming the spreadsheet you have to ignore the fact that it takes away from your score, and instead add the bonus on? :)

I think that if you're going to limit the speedmods, there shouldn't be a limit for the lower speedmod since it never gives a silly number of points extra, especially with the limit imposed by the 0.3 multiplier. Since it's highly unlikely that people will able to read 1.0 above their regular speedmod without mashing or some other uncouth way of playing, either make an upper limit to mod additions (preferable), or require some kind of video proof if you want to allow stupid mods so that the user can show that they're not just mashing for the score? Since this isn't a tournament to see who can mash the best :p Personally I think the upper limit is far more reasonable, since then the penalty for getting a few nonperfects will sufficiently offset the bonus as opposed to the MASSIVE leeway from a 100000x speedmod!

popsicle_3000 01-1-2012 07:49 AM

ok makes sense

wildfireskunk 01-1-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaru (Post 3603559)
Or you can get rid of speedmod bonuses altogether.

Hint hint :|

That would be silly, since it was announced as one of the awesome differences he wanted in the tournament. Other tournaments about if you don't want something different like that :)

x_lambourghini_x 01-1-2012 09:40 AM

My speedmod is 1.95x.

Gilly G 01-1-2012 10:13 AM

I'm sorry if this has been answered already or if it's explained in the first post (very hung over ...), but which is better, an AAA or a bonus that is better than AAA?

For example, if I AAA, I will have 33250 raw, yet if I get 1 good on a different speed mod, I have calculated that I would get 33258. My question is should I aim for AAA or for the most points?

Reshiram 01-1-2012 10:36 AM

EDIT2: SDG, cool

wildfireskunk 01-1-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly G (Post 3603591)
I'm sorry if this has been answered already or if it's explained in the first post (very hung over ...), but which is better, an AAA or a bonus that is better than AAA?

For example, if I AAA, I will have 33250 raw, yet if I get 1 good on a different speed mod, I have calculated that I would get 33258. My question is should I aim for AAA or for the most points?

The OP says Raw Scoring, so it should be the score. So AAAs can be beaten with speedmod bonuses!

yo man im awesome 01-1-2012 12:30 PM

*KEEP IN MIND*

If someone in your division is playing for fun, their score doesn't count for jack. If you're below the elimination line and a "fun player" is right above you, you need to beat the player above him/her. If you and a "fun player" are tied at the elimination line, you may be considered eliminated or just be considered allowed to continue. (need to discuss with Justin).

Guest15937 01-1-2012 12:46 PM

This is my very first attempt, so it fails, but if this isn't enough, I'll be amazed. I'll be surprised if 13 D2 people even submit.

sayuncle990 01-1-2012 01:07 PM

Bleh