Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Ziergdsx18 10-16-2011 10:34 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3552294)
Alright, sent it my notes.

10 [++] I might be lying though

That is all.

lmfao so lEnIeNt ;3

TC_Halogen 10-16-2011 11:31 PM

Notes sent. 43 KB worth of them.

EDIT: fun fact, I'm fairly certain that my acceptance rating is only slightly over half of the other two judges in my group. Let the cussing/yelling/kicking/scream at me begin!

bmah 10-17-2011 12:55 AM

notes will be up fairly soon

~get hyped~

YoshL 10-17-2011 12:56 AM

tonight? tonight?
if so, i'm staying up.

ichliebekase 10-17-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3552373)
tonight? tonight?
if so, i'm staying up.

This so bad. I was about to sleep but then I decided to check one last time, thank goodness I did xD

hi19hi19 10-17-2011 01:11 AM

Notes or sleep ?_?

FFR, why do you torture me like this~

psychoangel691 10-17-2011 01:12 AM

Notes, sleep is overrated. :p

TC_Halogen 10-17-2011 01:32 AM

OMFG CANARY PART V PASSED

Congrats, OWA! :D

ichliebekase 10-17-2011 01:37 AM

-Glorious Morning- 15/15

:')

I finally did it.

TC_Halogen 10-17-2011 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3552417)
-Glorious Morning- 15/15

:')

I finally did it.

I was going to edit my post after seeing OWA. Congratulations!

You finally did it, and not just barely -- you scored big time. 15/15 is going to help your simfile artist points quite a bit!

bmah 10-17-2011 01:40 AM

Ok, posted all the notes. Have an enjoy, everyone.

Ziergdsx18 10-17-2011 01:46 AM

Defection = [+.] [+] [++]

lmfao

Face of Faith on the other hand.....rip

Thanks for the notes bmah, and to the judges as well. (o:

ichliebekase 10-17-2011 01:47 AM

Thankies :3

What's even funnier is We Will Fly got 5/5/3 LOLOLOLOLOL thanks again AJ xD I ain't even mad, fuccing 15/15...I still can't even believe it.

Wait...isn't 13/15 accepted too? o.o

TC_Halogen 10-17-2011 01:47 AM

13 out of 15 is accepted. Looks like you scored two in this batch.

YoshL 10-17-2011 01:48 AM

lol +?/+./+ and a ?/+?/+.
varying judge scores wut?

leonid 10-17-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3552428)
lol +?/+./+ and a ?/+?/+.
varying judge scores wut?

TBF what's the point if every judge has to give the same score??

justin_ator 10-17-2011 01:59 AM

So a +./+./+? is an 11/15, right? >.> Does that mean with fixes it has a chance, or no? I only sort of followed the earlier discussion on borderline files.

Ziergdsx18 10-17-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3552427)
13 out of 15 is accepted. Looks like you scored two in this batch.

Up to how low is a file considered borderline. 12 -> 11 ?_?

TC_Halogen 10-17-2011 02:04 AM

According to JX, 11/12 is the borderline area. 12 will be guaranteed borderline, 11 will more than likely be at JX's discretion.

hi19hi19 10-17-2011 02:04 AM

Rainbow Road [++][+][+.]
Thanks to Halogen for the detailed notes on this one, I'll check out the places you mentioned. Glad this went over so well!

Caprice for Violin in B Minor Theme and Variations [+.][?][++]
Not sure I agree with wc on this one... it's a Theme and Variations, that's how it's supposed to sound >_>
Well either way I was kinda expecting this, I had a feeling this would be controversial!

THE LITTLE MERMAID [-][+.][PASS]
qqwref I'm sad you called this a dump :( Sure it's a lighthearted file but I was being totally serious with stepping it. And err, sorry AJ? haha don't know what to say to that XD
Glad someone saw the reason I stepped this and why it's fun.
Either way I knew I was stretching it with the rolls to the growls. I'll remove them when I get around to resubmitting this, fine fine. Clearly many of the judges don't have my sense of humor.

Night Walker [+.][+][+]
Well this works for me, as long as it's in the game. I personally think this is the most fun chart I've ever made. Didn't get too many detailed notes from these three judges but I'll take that as a good thing ^_^

Every note about my files in one place for my convenience:

Rainbow Road
Playtest: The emphasis, PR, and rhythms all made sense, and this was a really pleasant and relaxing chart to play, just like the song deserved. Great job.
Editor: I would have liked to see the green jump at the very start placed differently, but I do see what you were trying to do there. Sweet rainbow effect at the end; I'd like to point out that pink notes are pretty bright on the FFR engine and you might be better off with red-orange-yellow-green-teal-blue-purple.

File's great. Not much I can say. There are a few missing notes here and there I suggest you to look upon (7.88s, 26.97s, 28.10s, 47.37s, 47.57s, 47.78s and 56.91s), but they didn't have a huge impact on the file. Nice hand and jump mastery.

This song uses triples for chords, which is fine, but the problem with this is that you're lacking room to constantly do this with four keys. It also seems like PR was important, so I'll try to point out everything that I can find.

- 3.004: while I don't agree with this being a D/U for pitch relevancy, I understand that you did it because it's the same root note shifted up an octave
- 7.749: there's actually a note after this missing
- 10.607: check PR here, the note that corresponds to the left arrow does play again. Not a necessary fix because it does sound like the chord that holds the (DUR) hand before.
- 13.125: check PR, as this and 13.676 should be the same arrow
- 14.945: not the same note
- 32.425: another 8th mini-jack, although as a by-product of PR
- 32.956: ^
- 34.030: ^ - also, should the PR on this be inverted (D, L instead of L, D)?
- 37.065: another pattern that could possibly be reworked
- 38.645: (D/U/R) is used for a different chord, so this one should probably be changed too
- 49.345 to 50.404: all triples here, at least 3 discernible notes in each of these chords
- 53.873: missing note
- 55.320: also a missing note
- 56.916: missing note
- 66.417: change hand placement, as (D/U/R) is used by a different chord not too far from there
- 68.025: you could possibly change this chord, although only a single note changes here and it sounds like there's four notes here, so you can get away with it as is
- 78.841: check rhythm here
- 96.136: this nice little flourish actually starts a tiny bit earlier, and also has a few more notes - there's 6 different notes, from what I can hear.
- 102.228: same thing with this last flourish.

While I do have a lot of notes for you, it's hard for me to want to give you a rejection rating because you did make a very strong effort to give an accurate feel of the song. It's very difficult to hear all of the notes in this song properly because it is very powerful, and it has a ton of strong accents. There are a few areas where I feel like jumps could be triples, and triples could be jumps, but I ended up not listing them simply because it was a bit hard for me to tell them apart. Good work, though.

Caprice for Violin in B Minor Theme and Variations
-There's very little pattern variation for long periods of time in this song, it starts doing one thing and keeps doing it for a long time. It's well done, the PR is good, and the layering, although the opportunities for it are seldom, is good. I just don't like how long it is coupled with how little variation there is.
-The trills starting at measure 78 need a bit of work, most particularly the first set. It comes out of nowhere (quite literally) and switches the starting hand with each trill, and that just destroys the flow between them, particularly if you're not expecting it.
-I actually laughed super hard at the hands, but they make so much sense, and it was so fun, I absolutely love it, it just they're so unconventional that I thought it was kinda funny.
-Interesting chart overall, I'm not sure how the community is going to take it.

i would rather see this cut into 2-3 different files than keep it as one because it plays as though its different section of songs glued together

This file was really amazing done. I do not have any comments on this.

THE LITTLE MERMAID
Playtest: The chart felt like a dump to me; the use of hands and quads was a bit much, and the bursts were pretty awkward to hit (not quite jumptrillable) and didn't go to any discernible rhythm. I don't know if this is a serious file or not but either way it's not at all what I'm looking for for FFR charts.
Editor: So yeah, on closer inspection those 48th bursts just go to a scream, which is not really acceptable by FFR standards. In addition, listening to this chart on assist tick, it is drastically offsync in many places, sometimes by so much that I feel like I'm hitting the 16ths between the actual hits in the song. I appreciate that you tried to use ddream but it really didn't work out here.

I am torn apart by this song. Making this judgement is pretty hard. I find it both stupid (--) and incredibly funny (+) ("Sooooo remember kids; always fasten your seatbelt"). At first, I wanted to give a (?) for the steps being ridiculous and the song being too short. Then I played it again. And again. And again. And grown to love it. I can't give you a + for the reasons I'll enumerate below, but I did believe enough in it to give you a +.

* - The growls like the one at 6.02s look nice when played on autoplay, but have no purpose in the chart but to be a pain in the ass.
* - The jacks at 15.17 are unasked for. There is no ghost note, but you should replace that part to remove the jacks.
* - Wow, this song is like 45 seconds long. These mistakes represent perhaps 10% of the song. That's a lot! (note: 10% is approx.)

summary: Yeah, I went with my heart this time. I understand why you stepped this chart. There are still a few things I would've changed in order to make it less of a troll song.

-> offset changed to -0.136
oh god, seriously kill me now

Night Walker
My problem with this chart is the 1st half is kinda draggy. It's just the same stuff over and
over for about a minute. (Which is just the way the song is) Then it gets to the epic solo which
is awesome. Really other than the draggy beginning the chart is well done.

- really nice guitar solo, wow.
- file overall is great

- technical stuff: 12th jump at beat 26.67?; no jump at beat 34.00; missed a 12th note at beat 135.67,151.00; 24th solo ends two notes earlier at m52
- the quick left-hand trill before m16,24,32,40 feels better as a roll
- Summary: smooth chart, great solo sections.

P.S. About the first 3 jumps in Rainbow Road... I went Red-Yellow-Green because that's the color of Lakitu's start lights that go to that sound. Nobody picked up on that, oh well. I thought I was being clever >_>