Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Working Out (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150287)

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 03:40 PM

Working Out

It's not just for the physical aspect of your being.

Some people want bigger muscles right? They then do exercises to strengthen said muscles.

What mental and/or spiritual exercises do you folks do to strength your mind and/or soul?

Wayward Vagabond 11-30-2018 03:45 PM

Re: Working Out

You squeeze all your negative emotions into a small compact ball.

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4659030)
You squeeze all your negative emotions into a small compact ball.

And then hit them with a hammer until you win, right?

Mahou 11-30-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4659028)
It's not just for the physical aspect of your being.

Some people want bigger muscles right? They then do exercises to strengthen said muscles.

What mental and/or spiritual exercises do you folks do to strength your mind and/or soul?

It's more so the grind that keeps your mind and spirit strong. It necessarily doesn't have to be weight lifting...it could be walking, playing a sport, playing DDR, etc. - as long as your body can get some sort of benefit physically. For example, I used to do a lot of long distance running because I loved the endorphin release. It did wonders for my mind.
I feel as it's important to have a goal and to be passionate about what you're doing. If you don't care about it, then there is a good chance that you won't continue doing it.

Antori 11-30-2018 04:03 PM

i watch Oogway from Kung Fu Panda talk about stuff and i feel 10 times better

his character is so well made it makes my mind clear from how good the lines are

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 04:10 PM

These are excellent examples of honing your mind and spirit.

I'll post my paragraphs of techniques I use later tonight!

Dinglesberry 11-30-2018 04:29 PM

For my physiotherapy, they told me to focus on isometric exercises... Basically, it's things where rather than moving when u lift etc to build muscle mass like normal, it's more focused on like, resistant based things where u don't move much, apparently it strengthens and gives tone rather than bulk. It seems to help my shoulders etc alot... Maybe someone who's more well versed in fitness could chime in but yea

Regarding mental stuff I literally don't care, my depression is completely a result of being in constant physical pain and has nothing to do with my mental state, so idk, maybe yoga or meditation or something

I find exercising in general can be very relaxing and stuff, if u treat it as sort of an escape etc it's very enjoyable

Gravity Kitten 11-30-2018 04:32 PM

hitting the sauna after working out is epic plus i like talking to the old folks while breathing in the smell of eucalyptus. feels good man

Dinglesberry 11-30-2018 04:33 PM

I strongly agree with Mahou tho, as long as u do something and stick to it and have a goal based mindset, the improvement and stuff can do wonders for ur mental state. Hell, even if it's just going for walks, and u try to like, improve and go further and further with ur walks etc, the body is designed to like, feel pleasure from progress etc, endorphin rush and what not, like he said. Mahou is really damn knowledgeable about fitness and whatnot

Dinglesberry 11-30-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravity Kitten (Post 4659053)
hitting the sauna after working out is epic plus i like talking to the old folks while breathing in the smell of eucalyptus. feels good man

Roflllll I go to the sauna at my grandpa's apartment like, on a weekly basis, and it's literally exactly this lmaooo, clear up ur sinuse, sweat out the toxins, talk to old people lelll, ur exactly right

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 04:40 PM

I wasn't so concerned about working out, I only used that as a comparison for progress.

It's easy to see the progress that working out gives; it's not always easy to see the progress of mental training.

I used to be a people pleaser to the point that i would end up causing myself grief and hardship whilst trying to make everyone (but myself) happy.

I forget the exact 'ah-ha!' or 'eureka' moment where I finally realized that I deserved just as much love/pleasing as the people around me, but it was quite the weight off of my shoulders.

Ever since then, I've been trying to objectively look at why things cause me grief or torment and "work out" enough so that I'll be strong enough to be in those situations without losing myself.

more to come later <3

Mahou 11-30-2018 05:22 PM

Old people can talk their ass off tho

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4659068)
Heh. Cuck xdd

The sooner u realize the opinions of others who mean nothing to u are irrelevant compared to ur own, the sooner you'll be happy

I know! And it's such a freeing feeling.

I won't do anything that will jeapordize my own livelihood by helping others now if it make you feel better :)

Just one of many things I've found to be important over the past 7 years.

Gravity Kitten 12-1-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4659076)
Old people can talk their ass off tho

with the exception of synthlight

that mf dead quiet

aperson 12-1-2018 12:09 PM

one of my off-day runs is to keep an easy-medium pace while breathing as slowly as possible and counting my breaths.

Gravity Kitten 12-1-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4659261)
one of my off-day runs is to keep an easy-medium pace while breathing as slowly as possible and counting my breaths.

while smokeing weede

Marik von B 12-1-2018 10:53 PM

Take cold showers, they are very good. The more averse you are to them, the better. Remind yourself that every time you do something you are averse to, you naturally broaden your comfort zone, limiting your innate addiction to comfort.

Meditate frequently. Right after you wake up. Before dinner. Before going to bed. During the transition into sleep. 5 minutes before every meal

Learn to breathe deeply, slowly and consciously. Aim for 30 seconds per breath

Attempt to keep in your mind an intuitive understanding that any negative emotions you experience at any time are, in fact, an artificial product of your brain

Completely focus on one sole task at any given moment

Deny yourself of anything that is deleterious to you, and that you desire only compulsively

flashflash account 12-1-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravity Kitten (Post 4659263)
while smokeing weede

I wonder if you could get high from smokeing a weedle :thinking:

thought provoking stuff right here

aperson 12-1-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marik von B (Post 4659618)
Take cold showers, they are very good. The more averse you are to them, the better. Remind yourself that every time you do something you are averse to, you naturally broaden your comfort zone, limiting your innate addiction to comfort.

Meditate frequently. Right after you wake up. Before dinner. Before going to bed. During the transition into sleep. 5 minutes before every meal

Learn to breathe deeply, slowly and consciously. Aim for 30 seconds per breath

Attempt to keep in your mind an intuitive understanding that any negative emotions you experience at any time are, in fact, an artificial product of your brain

Completely focus on one sole task at any given moment

Deny yourself of anything that is deleterious to you, and that you desire only compulsively

wise post

YoungJulian34 07-14-2020 05:21 AM

I want to be in good shape, but I'm too lazy to workout.