Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How many more years do you think FFR will last? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136687)

___________ 04-28-2014 06:38 PM

How many more years do you think FFR will last?

Before activity completely dies down and only 2-3 people frequent the forums anymore. Everyone else will have moved on with their lives in their 30s-40s, etc.

The heat death of FFR is inevitable. How long will it last?

ilikexd 04-28-2014 06:43 PM

Re: How many more years do you think FFR will last?

Personally, I don't think that it will last forever.

Charu 04-28-2014 06:44 PM

Forums might slow down, don't think the game will become deado though.

Have you seen the recent games lately?

omega_grunt666 04-28-2014 06:50 PM

The impending site rework and possible game updates will probably be enough to draw more interest to the game. People join and leave every month, its just the cycle. As long as someone is interested in managing the game/website, and a few people are still playing there isn't a reason it should die off in the foreseeable future.

The only big threats are the costs and staff, seeing as we had a pretty successful fundraiser for the 10th official tournament I don't see why something like that wouldn't work for keeping the game afloat if needed. Staff was an issue back when the site went down but its back, and with how open/friendly they are, I don't see everyone quitting before others step in to take their place.

Barring any catastrophic events, there really isn't any limiting factor on how long this can continue.

Charu 04-28-2014 06:54 PM

That's like any score thread ever though.

Sometimes people cheer, sometimes people don't say anything, sometimes it goes unnoticed.

=/

gold stinger 04-28-2014 07:00 PM

It will be dead by 2017 at the rate that everyone's been talking on skype instead of the forums.

omega_grunt666 04-28-2014 07:01 PM

People come, people go, people post scores.

If they don't know who is posting the score, why should they care? Everyone can leave a comment out of courtesy but what purpose does it really serve if its just expected automatically. It has to be something worth commenting on, and that either requires an impressive score (Something hard to do when the game has been out as long as it has, stepmen have come and gone) or that they are familiar with you as a player, and can recognize the improvement.

Combo scoring isn't the most productive way to compare scores, that can be changed and AFAIK will be in the future. But there also needs to be a more social element, thats up to the individual and community. Things like the rivalry threads help, tournaments help, what else can we do to promote community interaction?

ilikexd 04-28-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ___________ (Post 4125331)
How about, have you seen the FFR Scores thread compared to what it was in 2012? Yeah, no one comments on others' scores anymore, which discourages people from posting scores, leading to an endless vicious cycle of inactivity. I think that's what most of FFR (me included) has to change.

score posting is inherently banal

gold stinger 04-28-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 (Post 4125340)
Combo scoring isn't the most productive way to compare scores, that can be changed and AFAIK will be in the future. But there also needs to be a more social element, thats up to the individual and community. Things like the rivalry threads help, tournaments help, what else can we do to promote community interaction?

add a facebook button and a google+ button in the game results screen. That solves EVERYTHING.

justin_ator 04-28-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4125343)
add a facebook button and a google+ button in the game results screen. That solves EVERYTHING.

I can't give details because I don't know any specifics, but it's in the works to have some sort of Facebook integration in regards to sharing scores on Facebook or connecting FB with FFR to an extent.

noname219 04-28-2014 07:11 PM

10 years ago... 5 years ago...

Those predictions are fun to make but in the end, it will depends on Synthlight more than anything else.

bmah 04-28-2014 07:16 PM

Pessimistic views only serve to promote a general notion of inactivity and lack of reason to stay on this site. Statistics are one thing, but people are also kind of having it come to them by saying "rip" and promoting just the thought of a downfall. I know that despite these views, people would overall prefer to have this site continue for as long as possible, so do yourselves a favor and find ways of keeping those chins up.

Mahou 04-28-2014 08:12 PM

If this site dies, then I'll keep playing Stepmania.

rushyrulz 04-28-2014 08:56 PM

Deidara837 04-28-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 4125348)
I can't give details because I don't know any specifics, but it's in the works to have some sort of Facebook integration in regards to sharing scores on Facebook or connecting FB with FFR to an extent.

I know there's this at least, hopefully link works for the rest of you. Note the app can also be shared :D

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFFR...33196&app_data

justin_ator 04-28-2014 09:07 PM

Yes, but all it is right now is an i-frame embedding the engine swf in the Facebook page. So while it allows FB folks to check the game out (which is great!), it still doesn't have the functionality to really engage friends and bring others into the game outside of "hey check this out"

Riotpolice 04-28-2014 09:10 PM

I'll give that vote an infinity, I don't care how long my fingers undergo severe carpel tunnel after I'm like 40, I'll still come back to the game that started my insane career.

Izzy 04-28-2014 09:58 PM

I think stepmania will die before ffr.

DarknessXoXLight 04-28-2014 10:17 PM

As many years as Synth will pay the server costs. (ha)

I like it 04-28-2014 10:22 PM

February 17th, 2019