Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Guiles Theme (help me improve this file) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147593)

GuilesTheme 05-18-2017 12:21 PM

Guiles Theme (help me improve this file)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqmu1p...27s_Theme2.zip

I only care about 1 thing right now and that's making this the best guile's theme file there will ever be!

Dinglesberry 05-18-2017 12:50 PM

Re: Guiles Theme (help me improve this file)

lurker 05-18-2017 01:57 PM

Wayward Vagabond 05-18-2017 02:02 PM

you have your work cut out for you

GuilesTheme 05-18-2017 02:28 PM

come on guys prtypls

MarioNintendo 05-18-2017 03:45 PM

The Guile theme deleted all my files and asks me to pay $300 to get them back, is this normal

Shadow_God_10 05-18-2017 05:33 PM

Uhh... Who are you?

GuilesTheme 05-18-2017 05:56 PM

blarghsnarf

JOTATELLO 05-18-2017 06:02 PM

i cant downlord stuff from mega
can you upload it from mediafire or another site plz?

GuilesTheme 05-18-2017 06:13 PM

sure bro updated op

XelNya 05-18-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher (Post 4552609)
I will accept this task, guilestheme. Please allow time for the request to be processed.

you are literally the least qualified person on this site

JOTATELLO 05-18-2017 06:30 PM

LOL too many jumps but great chart
Good job.

Travis_Flesher 05-18-2017 07:22 PM

guile that was a really good file, i dont know if any of us can really add to it. maybe a couple minor parts could use some minor improvements but it was really good man. hard, but good.

XelNya 05-18-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher (Post 4552636)
guile that was a really good file, i dont know if any of us can really add to it. maybe a couple minor parts could use some minor improvements but it was really good man. hard, but good.

Sigh ofc you go the easy route of not actually adding anything

Arntonach 05-18-2017 08:56 PM

is the bpm 120? please tell me it's 120.

GuilesTheme 05-18-2017 11:01 PM

Iirc it's 117 close enough!

Shadow_God_10 05-18-2017 11:52 PM

Should I be scared to look at this? I MIGHT... but I also don't want to have a heart attack

GuilesTheme 05-19-2017 12:14 AM

I just want help improving this file

XelNya 05-19-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuilesTheme (Post 4552886)
I just want help improving this file

Hi. Let me put my money where my mouth is. These aren't SUPER ULTRA MEGA in-depth, but they're a decent place to get you started.

I'm not super great simfile maker, so as always take 'em with a grain of salt, they're more ideas / conceptual than super fine tuning.

Sync isn't terrible, though given this song is live, it slowly drifts off. Might wanna get arrow vortex or ddream to fix it.

2.504 - your jumps work, and don't work. This one in particular should be a 16th single note with a 98th following (also a single)

Also in this section, you're missing notes to the guitars that you just charted, and TBH those would be more worth jumping than the Bass Pedal + Drum here, because the guitars are easily over powering the drums.

4.674 - you do this ascending thing with the snares that's neat but then you go back to the same jump patterns as before, then you abandon it and add hands into the mix. It's incredibly inconsistent and ruins the flow by a mile and a half.

9.141 - PR wise the guitar (8th notes wise) could be 2 3 4 and the first 32nd in this pattern is a ghost note (it doesn't exist, not sure how familiar you are so I'm only explaining this to cover bases.)

20.247 - There's tons of mini jacks in here that aren't needed. Both doing it to the guitar, and the pedal is somewhat inaccurate as it's obvious there's two bass pedal kicks (so a trill is more appropriate and this file doesn't need to be needlessly technical about bass kicks are always same column) and frankly jacking the guitar is stupid because it's always an up-down motion. AKA this would give a better feel to actually playing it, and fix the flow to not be mindlessly difficult.

21.268 - Patterning makes no sense to the scale of the guitar tbh, and I'm pretty sure those aren't 32nds but my hearing and guitars don't agree so I couldn't tell you wehat it actually is, though I would guess 24ths. Someone with better hearing would be better equipped for this though.

35.054 - you could do some cool spin patterns here instead of just 1 2 3 4 3 2 1/ AKA something more like say 1 3 2 4 2 3 could do some fun patterning.

36.075 - 52.414 - I actually like this section conceptually. Would clean the holds up in spots to end a 16th before the next one, but the hold @48.329 isn't a three note one , there's a lot more going for it than charted.

50.627 - for simplicity in patterning, and this is really only a suggestion: 1 3 2 [[13] would be more fun to hit, and less of a pattern based difficulty spike. Would also change the 32nds of a similar nature following.

52.414 - You need to clean the minijacks up to be done properly in this section. The one at say 67.349 should be more (starting from 67.221) 3 22 3 124 or some thing along that line.

The rest of the file has similar issues, and a really nasty hand / jump spam problem

However let's talk the solo @125.939 because you've really limited yourself by making the patterning too tight for the drums, and not allowing the "sick super solo" to be show cased. I'd delete this section, and rechart the whole guitar solo, without adding ANY of the drums. Allow the patterning of the guitar to take precedence over all: it overpowers everything. You want to showcase some sick PR in following the guitar best four key can. Fuck the drums here: you don't need those silly things.

THEN. Right after the faster section of the solo around say 130.024: add in the high hat, and the snare, and allow them to only be jumped to the guitar, and never to each other. There's so much more you can do with this part, by redoing it and allowing other things to take precedence based on what feels the most powerful.

Also, you should recut the MP3 (before you fix your sync :D) to cut out any part you're not charting. Saves memory and looks cleaner. You left off at a great place though as a side note.

Tldr: cut the song a bit, fix your BPM drifting, fix layering, redo the solo from scratch, bear in mind you need to let parts breathe. :D

To figure out what I mean by "let it breathe" go find a song called S.Y.S.T.E.M. Simfile by NLVM or NVLM (I can't remember which.) and take a peek at all the difficulties. You'll see some gross spam of hands and jumps that don't let anything play nicely.

Travis_Flesher 05-19-2017 01:19 AM

guiles it's a nice file. very challenging, which is great. my advice here would be to create new medium difficulty under the same mp3, which would give the user the option to choose either difficulty, and thus a better overall file. anyone that enjoyed the chart as much as i did probably wouldn't mind some mines thrown in there too hehe