Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Official Tournament Special Batch (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149100)

XelNya 04-17-2018 07:01 PM

Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deidara837 (Post 4616840)
^^^

But also I have a couple that would fit well depending on a) permissions for one of them (Genki) and b) tweaking the other (Yuyoyuppe)
Could potentially make a good 3rd one as well (cosMo)

Oooo which song from yuyoyuppe you doing? /curious

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4616872)
You shouldn't be seeing the chart for any of them.

Not sure if it helps but i also can see at least the last step last i checked.

Not sure if im supposed to see my own or not.

psychoangel691 04-17-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4616916)
Oooo which song from yuyoyuppe you doing? /curious

Not sure if it helps but i also can see at least the last step last i checked.

Not sure if im supposed to see my own or not.

The chart image shouldn't be able to be seen anymore by anyone but game management I think. I used an alt and couldn't see but if it's just your own chart of course that's not a big deal haha. Just don't want to have all the charts out there that may be used.

M0nkeyz 04-18-2018 05:15 PM

Question about the permission details, we have a large list of permissions somewhere on the site already, isn't that enough? Or is that more to remind people that we need permission?

psychoangel691 04-18-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4617050)
Question about the permission details, we have a large list of permissions somewhere on the site already, isn't that enough? Or is that more to remind people that we need permission?

It's the simfile author's job to ensure we have the proper permissions or to go obtain them prior to submitting. So no, the large list of permissions isn't "enough". The large list is for your reference as to what we've already got, but when you submit you should be verifying that we have that permission. It saves us time on the already huge amount of work there is to be done.

M0nkeyz 04-18-2018 05:44 PM

Alright, got it! Also, if files are deemed somewhat unfit for the OT might they still be considered for normal releases?

psychoangel691 04-18-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4617067)
Alright, got it! Also, if files are deemed somewhat unfit for the OT might they still be considered for normal releases?

Yes, if it's accepted but does not fit into the tournament it will go into regular queue.

ositzxz369 04-18-2018 06:41 PM

I've never been in an official tournament, nor have been actively playing during the progression of one. So I ask... After the tourney is over, how long does it take for the songs that were used in the tourney - to be publicly released?

SK8R43 04-18-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4617091)
I've never been in an official tournament, nor have been actively playing during the progression of one. So I ask... After the tourney is over, how long does it take for the songs that were used in the tourney - to be publicly released?

They are publicly released when they come out for the tourny. Anyone can play them while the tourny is going on. IIRC

This works because theres a dashboard that auto records your score if you are in the tourny,

psychoangel691 04-19-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4617091)

They are released publicly the day they're used in the tournament.

Psychotik 04-19-2018 06:34 PM

I'm kind of interested in charting something for this. I don't really have experience charting keyboard charts but I have years of experience for pad charts so maybe something on the easier scale. The only question now is what song to chart :?:

psychoangel691 04-19-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotik (Post 4617228)
I'm kind of interested in charting something for this. I don't really have experience charting keyboard charts but I have years of experience for pad charts so maybe something on the easier scale. The only question now is what song to chart :?:

Some of the easier charts are pad style charts on here, haha. Definitely worth a shot! We can always use easier stuff.

psychoangel691 04-19-2018 07:09 PM

Reminder, files for this can not be up on an alternate engine where people can be playing it. We don't want the files seen prior.

Ghost_Medley 04-21-2018 12:48 AM

I made a fun mid-level file for the batch, looking forward to seeing some fun stuff

James May 04-21-2018 09:52 AM

So this happened when trying to submit a file

Quote:

Warning: POST Content-Length of 8795586 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0

DossarLX ODI 04-21-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4617366)
So this happened when trying to submit a file

Velocity would probably know more about this, but from the number displaying it looks something like an 8 MB limit.

James May 04-21-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4617369)
Velocity would probably know more about this, but from the number displaying it looks something like an 8 MB limit.

Well that sucks :/ This would really deter from longer files from being submitted unless the audio is even more compressed, cut or converted to .ogg (but the latter is not allowed for submission so it would have to be either of the two)

Velocity 04-21-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4617370)
Well that sucks :/ This would really deter from longer files from being submitted unless the audio is even more compressed, cut or converted to .ogg (but the latter is not allowed for submission so it would have to be either of the two)

I changed the limit quite a bit, so feel free to try again.

M0nkeyz 04-21-2018 02:43 PM

Hm, it tell me the name of the simfolder isn't right even though I used <song name> (<step artist>).

James May 04-21-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 4617382)
I changed the limit quite a bit, so feel free to try again.

Alrighty, will let you know what happens

DossarLX ODI 04-21-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4617387)
Hm, it tell me the name of the simfolder isn't right even though I used <song name> (<step artist>).

The #TITLE: field in your .sm file is empty. If you reupload with that field filled in, that might help your issue.