Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   FFR Scores ~2012 Remix~ (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121842)

ice_lazer3 08-11-2012 12:10 AM

Re: FFR Scores ~2012 Remix~

My first post ever in this thread, hi everyone

Also, first VC AAA :P (I was pretty much in shock when I got it because I haven't even AAAed a challenging song yet hehe)

Mike Weedmark 08-11-2012 12:21 AM

Uh what

PS how does everyone do so well on Strangeprogram? Those streams are endurancemaniaz and hella awkward.

DayMan951 08-11-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark (Post 3744598)
PS how does everyone do so well on Strangeprogram? Those streams are endurancemaniaz and hella awkward.

i thought i was the only one that felt that way. also, groovy holy orders

VisD 08-11-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice_lazer3 (Post 3744594)
My first post ever in this thread, hi everyone

Also, first VC AAA :P (I was pretty much in shock when I got it because I haven't even AAAed a challenging song yet hehe)

Damn gj :-D That's really quite the accomplishment!

Stage: 08-11-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reshiram (Post 3744480)
This is why we can't have nice things. Not even in that horrible 32nd section.

Wow nice score anyways! this file is tough

Aiming for a SDG

Rebirth0 08-11-2012 12:41 AM

I personally play Strangeprogram on index but I should try it on spread sometime. I bet my scores would be pretty similar.

Nice holy orders though

igotrhythm 08-11-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx Firestorm xX (Post 3744419)
Whoever stepped this song...rot in hell ;.;

You didn't get eliminated by 2 boos on that song. ;.; (Oh wow, you comboed all the hard stuff and whiffed on a couple of technical bits.)

Some stuff to help out, because if you're bad at the jacks that are omnipresent you're kind of SOL. (Assuming non-mirror)

-Lots of bootraps in the intro jacks. Emphasize your keytaps a little more to make sure they're regular. Hey, I missed a few times there, too. XD

-The pipe entrance sound has a weird right-hand pattern on the transition out. Don't think too hard about it, or you'll dump misses there.

-On the mushroom appearances, this takes a bit of control. What you can do is hit it as a 1(34) trill, then coming out make sure to hit a (12)4 with the coin. The first iteration of this pattern actually does have the 34 on the same frame even though the arrows are different colors. The second one late in the song is a little different in that it'll go (12)(34)1(34) into the appearance. Stay frosty!

-Ah, the flag hit...how D5 hated you. It was originally a lot more horrid to do than it is now, trust me. After the fix, you can just do a straight jumptrill: 12, then 34, and repeat it all the way through, ending on the left hand. Make sure you're not hitting one finger later than the other during these jumps! (OWA has a tutorial video up somewhere.)

-On the descending rolls followed by the messed-up staircase (and it really is if you get into the habit of pausing and studying replays), all this really takes is raw speed. Watch for a (12)2 pattern instead of a 212 pattern in the last part of the mushroom grab.

Hope this helped you more than it did me.

Mike Weedmark 08-11-2012 01:05 AM

I got eliminated on Press Start too. Over all, it was the normal js, not the spikes, that gave me trouble. The "easy" parts of the song are filled with traps and honestly, I don't think it was synced that well.

Not that I would've performed next round anyway. I'm pretty sure I have yet to sub-30 Aletheia. My scores on that song are a smoldering crater of shit.

FFR Pro 21 08-11-2012 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Seeing some pretty nice scores! :) Guess I'll post one myself.

Oh, and the 32nd note rolls in this one, I tried jump-trilling ALL of them. Apparently that seemed to work out really well. :)

bob bob 08-11-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

It appears you just got Bmah'd

00Razor00 08-11-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

um excuse me wtf r u doing

U.N. Owen 08-11-2012 03:23 AM

lmao like 200 notes from the end

tbh, this is the reason why I decided to actually get the above score.
Requesting immediate deletion of this file.

I can blackflag Staring at my Spaceship in one try and it takes me 17 to AAA this horrible file.

Zakvvv666 08-11-2012 03:30 AM

Xandertrax

Nuff said.

Trogdor!!!! 08-11-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U.N. Owen (Post 3744670)
lmao like 200 notes from the end

I know this feel.

T-Force 08-11-2012 05:25 AM

Posting scores (then probably not touching this thread for another couple weeks).

ASFGskdinhsklfjn hdfgodafngosdfnhlskfnhjfghnfgphfghj

I had 2-0-0-0 going into the trill; I came out with 10-0-1-0.

Now for the cool stuff:
Played it once in MP with Ally (and forgot to turn everything off). So for a sightread single player run, I think this is decent. (amazing song, and great chart; nice job Spitfire)

Once again, played in MP with a ton of lag. So technical single player sightread:

Sightread this one too:

popsicle_3000 08-11-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U.N. Owen (Post 3744670)
I can blackflag Staring at my Spaceship in one try and it takes me 17 to AAA this horrible file.

I hope i can get that one easily... nice bf btw!
oh, and 2000th post :)

Xx Firestorm xX 08-11-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3744614)
You didn't get eliminated by 2 boos on that song. ;.; (Oh wow, you comboed all the hard stuff and whiffed on a couple of technical bits.)

Some stuff to help out, because if you're bad at the jacks that are omnipresent you're kind of SOL. (Assuming non-mirror)

-Lots of bootraps in the intro jacks. Emphasize your keytaps a little more to make sure they're regular. Hey, I missed a few times there, too. XD

-The pipe entrance sound has a weird right-hand pattern on the transition out. Don't think too hard about it, or you'll dump misses there.

-On the mushroom appearances, this takes a bit of control. What you can do is hit it as a 1(34) trill, then coming out make sure to hit a (12)4 with the coin. The first iteration of this pattern actually does have the 34 on the same frame even though the arrows are different colors. The second one late in the song is a little different in that it'll go (12)(34)1(34) into the appearance. Stay frosty!

-Ah, the flag hit...how D5 hated you. It was originally a lot more horrid to do than it is now, trust me. After the fix, you can just do a straight jumptrill: 12, then 34, and repeat it all the way through, ending on the left hand. Make sure you're not hitting one finger later than the other during these jumps! (OWA has a tutorial video up somewhere.)

-On the descending rolls followed by the messed-up staircase (and it really is if you get into the habit of pausing and studying replays), all this really takes is raw speed. Watch for a (12)2 pattern instead of a 212 pattern in the last part of the mushroom grab.

Hope this helped you more than it did me.

I wasn't in the tournament...lol. But those directions actually are helpful.

Dynam0 08-11-2012 09:52 AM

Phalanx felt good to get rid of, mental blocks on the very first burst = ugh

Couple fails:

iCeCuBEz v2 08-11-2012 09:53 AM

dynam0 the dominat0r o.o

Mike Weedmark 08-11-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3744685)
I had 2-0-0-0 going into the trill; I came out with 10-0-1-0.

Oh hi.

Anyone who doesn't think there are songs that are just ****ing HORRIBLY stepped is lying to themselves. There ARE patterns that take the skill out of the game. FFR doesn't handle trills well and any minijack under 3 frames is glitchgood bait. And then there are files with framer handjacks, like get ****ing real. And then there's the middle of RAN, because what the **** is timing and coordination, this is a mashing game.