Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   TC_Halogen's Good-Perfect Inversion Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151672)

Cryolien 03-2-2020 03:32 AM

Re: TC_Halogen's Good-Perfect Inversion Tournament

finally over :o
cool experience ;)

Psychotik 03-2-2020 01:16 PM

TC_Halogen 03-2-2020 08:39 PM

Updated to this post.

gold stinger 03-2-2020 09:45 PM

no idea how Cryolien got his Staple on Smile score, definitely playing well above his skill level. Nice to see some improvement mid-tournament.

One Winged Angel 03-3-2020 01:30 AM

>jack charts impossible on this kb
>by far the two jackiest charts in 98 and 100

I doubt I could improve these that much in a timely fashion. I'm assuming that this..

..was just some variant of this..

..for what I believe is the fourth time now. I can't FC cold playing with regular accuracy on here so I doubt I could drop that miss count lower, GA seemed okay-ish

Staple isn't something I'd have a shot at scoring well on without a decent warm up first. What I was getting in my first attempts was likely respectable but nowhere near what I believe I'm capable of so I'd prefer just not posting (@Matthia this isn't a ruse to attempt a last minute steal, it's incredibly difficult to find the motivation to warm up when the machine I play on shuts off frequently while playing so don't feel compelled to improve, you don't need to lol). If not submitting one of the charts is equivalent to a round non-submission and DQ then sure I'll send off a meme but otherwise eh.

Anyways gg nice tourney

Matthia 03-3-2020 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4716702)
Staple isn't something I'd have a shot at scoring well on without a decent warm up first. What I was getting in my first attempts was likely respectable but nowhere near what I believe I'm capable of so I'd prefer just not posting (@Matthia this isn't a ruse to attempt a last minute steal, it's incredibly difficult to find the motivation to warm up when the machine I play on shuts off frequently while playing so don't feel compelled to improve, you don't need to lol). If not submitting one of the charts is equivalent to a round non-submission and DQ then sure I'll send off a meme but otherwise eh.

ookay

Thx for letting me know, because I would've exactly done that lol, even if I thought my Staple score was good enough

Thegaminggenius 03-3-2020 01:55 PM

danredge 03-3-2020 06:54 PM

My Finger "Stop, please Stop it's already dead"
Me "No, We gotta try them all"

TC_Halogen 03-3-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4716702)

If not submitting one of the charts is equivalent to a round non-submission and DQ then sure I'll send off a meme but otherwise eh.

Anyways gg nice tourney

Whoops!

Forgot to remove this rule when the tournament became cumulative instead of elimination; you absolutely are not being penalized in that way for this tournament (nor is anyone else). I think I said it in at least one post here but simply submitting a single score is enough to get you at least something in terms of credits. You'll be getting a respectable amount of the point given your positioning in the tournament and accumulated points as well.

Ultimate Mike7 03-3-2020 08:42 PM

Thanks for the tournies!

TC_Halogen 03-3-2020 11:15 PM

Missed this because was doing something else, but this tournament has concluded. I'll be handling prize distribution tomorrow. Score submissions are of course locked as of this post and I'll not be accepting any further results.

Apologies for not having the most enthusiasm regarding this; the turnout for this tournament was a little disappointing and I was fairly excited about it.

TC_Halogen 03-4-2020 06:49 PM

So, I played around a little bit with the values and decided that I would throw additional credits into the pot to bring it up to one million flat. I feel like I came up with a pretty reasonable prize structure that rewards everyone for at least attempting the tournament, while rewarding those who played a bit better.

I'll be handing out credits tomorrow (apologies for the delays, but I'm really not up for it today); this is what you all will be receiving:

800,000 credits were used for the primary prize pool of the tournament that dictated the payout based off of the overall position of the tournament.

The last 200,000 was rewarded based on your overall participation in the tournament in comparison to other players, by taking your tournament score and dividing it by the total accumulation of points by all players in the event, multiplied by 200,000.

TC_Halogen 03-5-2020 06:28 PM

Prizes have been paid out.

Thanks to everyone who stuck all the way through it.

Matthia 03-5-2020 06:35 PM

Also thanks for hosting these tournaments too!