Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tekken 7 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151211)

_Zenith_ 08-27-2019 01:58 AM

Tekken 7

I didn't see a current Tekken thread in the VG forum and thought I'd ask around to see who plays actively here. Feel free to post your platforms/ranks/characters/etc. I would love to see your thoughts/inputs/accomplishments!

Guitarman93 08-27-2019 05:05 AM

Re: Tekken 7

I love Tekken. I don't currently play, but at one point I had the entire moves list memorized for Baek Doo San and Hwoarang.

PhantomPuppy 08-27-2019 11:56 AM

I play casually sometimes on PC, Leo main, got to Genbu. There's also an Aris vid of me from my first day ever playing T7 (and it's my first fighting game since TTT1 so I had no idea what I was doing lmao)

I wouldn't say I'm good but if you ever wanna play just hmu
https://steamcommunity.com/id/PhantomPuppy/

edit: oh yeah the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYD6OICOWaA&t=241s

-paexaea- 08-27-2019 12:30 PM

Oh shit, that was you, I remember that clip. Aris is a fucking character, hes awesome.

Tekken 7 is probably one of the best fighting games right now, if not the best. Id get it but im a broke bitch, but I love watching the game.

_Zenith_ 08-27-2019 01:05 PM

That's sick that you got to play Aris!

I just hit Warrior, I don't play ranked much at all. I'm mostly playing teammates or my irl friend.

I quit competitive MK11 due to numerous reasons so I started paying attention more to T7 and it's been a lot of fun since I made the switch. The game just feels rewarding as a whole to play.

I have quite a roster due to character crisis but in order:
Katarina
Heihachi
Noctis
Negan
Lars
Dragunov
Gigas
Jin
Paul

ULTIMEGA 08-27-2019 02:32 PM

I'm an Alisa main through and through. I love how she works.

MixMasterLar 08-27-2019 03:05 PM

I love Tekken 7 and the reason I don't really play it is that I don't have a group that wants to. I also don't bother to get PSN Plus most of the time because I rarely play games online and that's about what the service is good for.

Can be talked into it if It's something y'all wanna play. I feel I can play most of the legacy characters decently but I'm currently an Asuka, Xiao and Lei main

PhantomPuppy 12-4-2019 01:05 AM

i know this isn't a super high rank but i'm happy i finally made it to ruler ranks. was always my favorite rank banner :)

ULTIMEGA 12-4-2019 01:09 AM

Nice, Phantom. Is that Online rank or Treasure Battle?

PhantomPuppy 12-4-2019 01:10 AM

online rank, my treasure battle is chilling at beginner lol

Deadlyx39 12-4-2019 01:09 PM

King is fun. Orange Ranks rn but I’m on Xbox so matchmaking is kinda dead a lot of the time.

ULTIMEGA 12-4-2019 02:39 PM

It's the opposite for me on PSN. I'm constantly getting matched up with either Law Players, Kazuya, or the occasional Nina, whom I absolutely HATE.

Deadlyx39 12-4-2019 03:15 PM

It’s important for matchup experience tho. Especially if you’re someone who doesn’t lab characters often or at all. Shit’s annoying but it helps you become a better player.

_Zenith_ 12-4-2019 05:24 PM

Ruler ranks are only two tiers away from highest, mid orange is the absolute midway point from highest rank so I would consider it a high rank. Congratulations nonetheless!

My save file keeps getting corrupted so I've stopped trying for online rank but I was approaching Reds when I was trying, now I just spar with a training partner and am about to get another one.

I do have the game on all three platforms so if anyone wants to play just shoot me a message on discord or something!

ULTIMEGA 12-12-2019 10:30 PM

Finally made it.

dAnceguy117 12-12-2019 11:47 PM

whatever tf treasure battle is, that sounds like my shit. I haven't played tekken since TTT1 and I'm jelly

dAnceguy117 12-12-2019 11:53 PM

phantompuppy you're my idol

_Zenith_ 12-13-2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4705390)
whatever tf treasure battle is, that sounds like my shit. I haven't played tekken since TTT1 and I'm jelly

It's the offline mode to unlock the customization items for every character, and it builds offline rank similarly to online.

The difference you can tell between the two is the rank name having a red background too it, almost like a paint brush splash behind the name. That's offline.

PhantomPuppy 02-27-2020 04:47 PM

Went to my first local last night (WNF Oakland). Ended up with 2 wins, 2 losses, so not too bad. Got 7th overall. It felt very different than playing online, that's for sure lol

edit: me and my friend Mike before the tourney (he got the same win/loss as me oddly enough lol)

sean1212 04-26-2020 04:04 AM

I don't play Tekken anymore but I used to play it like a mad back in the days. I played Tekken 5 last, since then I haven't played it much.

I also liked to play Tekken Tag, which is also amazing.

I remembered every move of combos of a few of my favorite characters like Hwoarang, Jin Kazama, Paul.

Tekken is a greatest game of all time. Kudos.