Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pokken Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144090)

Charu 03-19-2016 08:41 AM

Pokken Tournament

Pretty fun game imo. I'm bad, but I was expecting to get eaten alive by players who are already well versed in the fighting game genre.

I don't recommend it though unless you have peeps to play with (preferably with another Wii-U and a LAN adapter), or do online matches.

I'm loving it though.

XelNya 03-19-2016 01:57 PM

Re: Pokken Tournament

Who you been playin' the most?

I was debating picking it up, but it looks kinda difficult to play

but I heard the tutoriels are pretty on point in explaining everything?

One Winged Angel 03-19-2016 02:08 PM

I still don't own a wii u but I've played enough Mario Maker at my friends' houses to seriously debate buying one just for that.

And now I think with this having just come out I may have been pushed over the edge.

Timing windows for the best combos/punishes (at least from what I've seen so far on youtube) seem pretty lenient compared to other fighters, which I'm not too surprised or honestly upset about because yeah it's pokemon. Probably maining Chandelure but we'll see.

Charu 03-19-2016 02:17 PM

Yeah, the tutorials give you exactly what you need to know about the game and how to go about it. A nice touch is that you can go through the tutorial multiple times with different Pokemon and the tutorial will cater to said Pokemon.

Nice touch bruh.

I wanted to main Sceptile, but after getting my ass handed to me for 6 hours with no results, he doesn't really fit the playstyle I like I guess.

Chandelure and Braixen have been what I've been playing before I stopped for the day. Charizard pretty fun too. I think my mains are gonna be one of those three, we'll see.

It's PROBABLY gonna be Braixen though.

Charu 03-19-2016 02:18 PM

Also, I really love Chandelure's and Braixen's personality depiction in this game, dohoho

XelNya 03-19-2016 02:44 PM

I should look up some Gardevoir videos I guess because Gardevoir or Braixen are probably the pokemon that appeal to me most

Can't really say I care for literally the rest of the roster

Reach 03-19-2016 03:06 PM

Picked it up yesterday. Still playing through most of the main quest, just getting into B rank. Pretty easy here obviously, mostly playing Machamp right now.

Played two online matches and wrecked face but I'm not really that good at fighting games, probably going to start getting rolled soon.

.Rarity 03-19-2016 05:56 PM

spooky lamp and pikachu libre goat-tier

I still feel like the few who think the roster could have many different choices, not that I actually hate any of them but I think they could have not just go with the more well-known pokemon first.

YoshL 03-19-2016 11:05 PM

weavile carried me to like mid A tier which is where i stopped

i played charu a bunch and won like 19/20 matches with him and stuff

coms are really easy, and imo the main part of this game is counters and grabs. like, that alone will decide who wins and loses the game because of that rock paper scissors thing. once people figure that out, online will be fun i guess. I'm trying to be comfy with my mechanics before i head online though i think. Shouldn't be as inconsistent as perfecting coms sometimes and getting drained to like 20 hp in other matches

also, iirc braixen and gardevoir are i think like, bottom tier lol @xel

Charu 03-19-2016 11:08 PM

No, I won 2 times you ass

Charu 03-19-2016 11:08 PM

fuck

Charu 03-19-2016 11:09 PM

jr.

XelNya 03-19-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4417183)
also, iirc braixen and gardevoir are i think like, bottom tier lol @xel

Makes it all the more satisfying when I win then.

I mean, I play Zelda in smash against my friends, and it's RATHER satisfying when I do win.

It's not fun to win the most over powered character.

As long as Charizard isn't the most popular AND most over powered, I'm good.

YoshL 03-20-2016 12:22 AM

there's honestly a really good spread of character usage right now i think

Reach 03-20-2016 08:44 AM

Gengar seems really strong to me.

I like playing Machamp but he feels pretty average overall. No complaints about playing him but he's not OP.

Braixen and Gardevoir do seem really weak.

Charu 03-20-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4417201)
Braixen and Gardevoir do seem really weak.

I was just labbing her for a good 2 hours and here's what I have to say.

Her sunny day attack is the key to her success

It boosts your assists by a significant amount each time you do it. Even if the assist is labeled as a slow recharage.

So certain assists like, say, Reshiram with his ridiculous damage output for an assist can be summoned multiple times in a round because of this attack.

I've tested it out online and it checks out. Of course I didn't meet anyone that tried to go in my face yet, but I think the same principle is there too. If I sunny day some of my attacks, and or attack close range as I hold my special regardless of phase, it'll boost that assist and boom.

Tide is mine.

Charu 03-20-2016 12:26 PM

Not to mention of course it enhances her specials each time she does it. And if even buffs attack if done again without using a special.

Izzy 03-20-2016 08:58 PM

What kind of game is this? Like pokemon games but with modern 3D graphics?

Kraezymann 03-20-2016 10:45 PM

I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's basically Tekken with Pokemon characters. I mean it's far less technical than Tekken and was built to get EVERYONE playing, instead of fighting game fans, but it's still a fighting game. I've been pretty on the fence about it... the main things that are keeping me from getting it are why there are only 16 playable Monsters (and why are 2 of them Pikachu?) and apparently fairly lousy local multiplayer. If these issues are addressed then maybe I'll check it out

Izzy 03-20-2016 11:09 PM

Oh. This isn't the game for me then.

I hope they make a modern pokemon game some day. Even better would be a pokemon mmo in a 3D world where you can pokemon battle people.