Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Latias 07-29-2011 10:55 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

BlackWebb will not be in contact with Legacy/Velocity except for new song releases pretty much, even then old songs won't be appearing in the new engine unless they get transfered over, along with the engines getting songs ment for the different engine. The only other thing would be credits, but if the system changes for BW, the Legacy/Velocity engines will also recieve the change.

~Velocity/Pokémon Masta

Niala 07-29-2011 11:06 PM

Interesting. Okay, I think that'll do for tonight, then. Thanks for answering the questions.

qqwref 07-29-2011 11:17 PM

Every time you two post about BlackWebb, it sounds like a stupider and stupider idea.

Zageron 07-29-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3512736)
Every time you two post about BlackWebb, it sounds like a stupider and stupider idea.

The idea progresses and develops the more we work on it. If the community doesn't like what we have to offer, we will adapt it to their liking.

The one thing that is certain is that the scores and level ranks will be separate from R1, because the scoring system will not be combo based.

qqwref 07-29-2011 11:27 PM

I've put forward the idea, multiple times, about how to turn the current scoring system into a non-combo-based system without changing the values of FC scores, the amount of grandtotal that is typically possible to get in a given time, and the difficulty of a near-AAA - and without disadvantaging any active and skilled players. Are you telling me you honestly think completely starting from scratch with charts and scoreboards is a better way to get rid of combo scoring than that?

Zageron 07-29-2011 11:30 PM

We'll have this argument in a few weeks.

TC_Halogen 07-29-2011 11:41 PM

scoring system for FFR is fine, it's not broken - it's served its purpose for a long time and doesn't need to be changed simply because people are whining about not being able to FC songs and losing ranks because of it

let BlackWebb come out because there's an insane amount of things planned for it, and if you see something you don't like there, then respond there, as it's likely that updates for the Velocity engine won't continue too far past Blackwebb's release

Niala 07-29-2011 11:57 PM

That's basically where I am after tonight. If BW sucks though then I'll probably just leave the site l0l

Latias 07-30-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3512740)
I've put forward the idea, multiple times, about how to turn the current scoring system into a non-combo-based system without changing the values of FC scores, the amount of grandtotal that is typically possible to get in a given time, and the difficulty of a near-AAA - and without disadvantaging any active and skilled players. Are you telling me you honestly think completely starting from scratch with charts and scoreboards is a better way to get rid of combo scoring than that?

The problem is old songs won't even work with the new engine. The formats are completely different along with what is supported within them. It's because of this were doing a different scoring system along with the new engine since it's not possible to even intermingle them. Everything about BW isn't going to be 100% frame locked like the current engine, though the hit areas will be as close as possible, it's just AS3 supports so much more options then the old engines could ever support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3512752)
scoring system for FFR is fine, it's not broken - it's served its purpose for a long time and doesn't need to be changed simply because people are whining about not being able to FC songs and losing ranks because of it

let BlackWebb come out because there's an insane amount of things planned for it, and if you see something you don't like there, then respond there, as it's likely that updates for the Velocity engine won't continue too far past Blackwebb's release

The current plan for older engines is 1-2 more updates, then after that will be bug fixes every so often is required.

qqwref 07-30-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latias (Post 3512769)
The problem is old songs won't even work with the new engine. The formats are completely different along with what is supported within them. Everything about BW isn't going to be 100% frame locked like the current engine, though the hit areas will be as close as possible, it's just AS3 supports so much more options then the old engines could ever support.

I have a bunch of files that I think could help with this - both converting old charts to mp3/xml, and increasing the time accuracy of existing swf type charts. And if you could remove frame-locked play while changing the current gameplay as little as possible (in terms of how hard it is to AAA etc.) you could have very similar play between BW and the existing engines.

But yeah, like Niala is saying, if everything moves over to the new engine and I don't like it, I can always stop playing the game itself. I haven't been playing that much lately anyway :p

qqwref 07-30-2011 11:33 PM

Oh, here's one: fast forward and rewind buttons on the replay engine.

For bonus points, just let people use the top song-position thing as a seek bar. You'd probably have to be able to recalculate the PGAMBC counts for any given point (and start the mp3 at any given point), but this would be a really awesome feature to have if you could.

windsurfer-sp 07-31-2011 08:54 AM

A graph of your overall rank vs day.
Your rank for a song vs day.

Eg. 2 weeks ago my rank was 1000, now it is 500.

Halted 08-3-2011 05:29 AM

One suggestion I have would be an HD mode for users with large monitors, the standard mode is too small for my monitor and it makes the game hard to play or even a stand alone client with the capabilities would be nice. Anything 1024x768 or higher would be a very welcome addition compared to the resolution is is now (800x600?(my monitor is 1920x1080))

x_lambourghini_x 08-3-2011 10:01 AM

I would like to see an in-game video tutorial/word tutorial on how to make good stepfiles.

Aldentron 08-3-2011 04:21 PM

in prochat, since u dont allow hyperlinks, it would be nice if it would automatically disable auto-scrolling temporarily so that u can highlight & copy.
this is has been a royal pain in the ****ing ass, and i rly dont c y normal users cant hyperlink (rly... the worst that can happen is sum1 linx 2 naughty websites... so wat,) but if thats the way u want 2 keep things then at least cut SUM slack...

m0de 08-3-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldentron (Post 3515345)
in prochat, since u dont allow hyperlinks, it would be nice if it would automatically disable auto-scrolling temporarily so that u can highlight & copy.
this is has been a royal pain in the ****ing ass, and i rly dont c y normal users cant hyperlink (rly... the worst that can happen is sum1 linx 2 naughty websites... so wat,) but if thats the way u want 2 keep things then at least cut SUM slack...

goto settings and uncheck auto scroll to the bottom. zag is working on a new version of prochat that will allow links to be posted using the [url] tag. not sure if its for vets+ or not though.

qqwref 08-3-2011 06:37 PM

Here's an easy one: make a new token image for vrofl. I think it would be awesome to have something unique, for such a hard to get token.

I made a quick mock-up of an idea, but I'm sure you can find someone to do a much better one.

m0de 08-8-2011 10:36 PM

filter songs by date added. alot easier to find the new songs.

edit: this goes for blackwebb also. im pretty sure velo is out of town, so zag i guess this is directed towards you :)

Zageron 08-8-2011 11:14 PM

Out of town until Saturday as well. Will filter through all of the suggestions on Saturday, then continue programming blackwebb (ffr component).

00Razor00 08-9-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3513369)
Oh, here's one: fast forward and rewind buttons on the replay engine.

THIS.