Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

.Gazelle. 08-27-2012 08:44 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions OPEN)

stepping soulja boy in the red zone

Wayward Vagabond 08-27-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3756204)
Note: Judgement deadline is changed, over 100 submissions.

After I saw how kbo's judgement system turned out I don't think we should use that system, honestly. And considering this site has way more submissions we'll have flood of judgement pending files in a few months obviously.

We can't write the exact date beforehand, but can post aproximate date (ex. end of August, around Aug 25th).
If you want to submit files, stock files when you have time and keep checking this thread.

This would only be true for the first couple months because of the file reserves people have made because of closing the batch. After the first initial wave of submissions it wouldn't be as packed since people wouldn't feel the need to rush files or step as many files as they can because the submissions would always be open. The only person I think who would need a submission cap is hi19

blindreper1179 08-27-2012 09:48 PM

What's the cap for people who aren't on the list on the first page. 2? The last list is for 3, and I don't see my answer on there, unless of course I'm blind. (hurder)

ichliebekase 08-27-2012 09:50 PM

If you aren't on the list and you have not submitted to FFR before, your cap is 2.

blindreper1179 08-27-2012 09:55 PM

Thanks!

rayword45 08-27-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3756286)
we all wanna know when a woman is fertile so we don't miss out on doing something intelligent.

Or, in many cases, we want to know when she isn't fertile.

i love you 08-27-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3756005)
If you were around d more you'd know lol. Jx said last week it would be open now

That was not the point but okay, I agree with you! I definitely would have known if I were around more! I wonder if everyone else who wants to get a file submitted but rarely get on the forums would know! Perfect logic indeed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3756137)
best judging system: osu's

Nuff said.

Also, one of the main reasons why I quit the FFR community and moved onto a much smarter/active one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3756204)
If you want to submit files, stock files when you have time and keep checking this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3755986)
and sometimes, they will just tell you to keep checking back this thread which is not convenient and a waste of time.

Totally called it. RIP

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3756239)
How about my suggestion, though, JX? If you can't write the exact date beforehand, that is cool and fine by me. However, when that moment is determined and the batch is active, why not let the world know by simply using a color system with the banner or something similar?

I have to agree with this guy. JX, what is so hard about letting everyone know beforehand that a batch will be opening soon? You could easily just do what marionintendo suggested or just make a front page post like you would do whenever new FFR files get released. Hell, you do not have to type something big...here watch:

Title: "Batch (# *whatever*) will be opening soon!"

Description: "This is a reminder to the community that a new batch will be opening by the end of this month! You know what that means! It means to start early and start stepping those files now before submissions opens!"

Sincerely: Staff

Then go out, grab a drink, masturbate then go to bed like a pr0 (o:

DossarLX ODI 08-27-2012 10:30 PM

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea the batch was even open until Icyworld told me yesterday about submitting our Down Temperature collab.

If I had missed submissions this batch, I would have been extremely livid. Byron definitely has a valid point.

bmah 08-27-2012 10:44 PM

I think people do have a right to know an exact date of when the batch will occur. Even I didn't know the opening date. The question I have to jx is why was the batch opened at that particular day? Is it crucial for the batch to open right then?

I think that a batch can have a set date after everything is "prepared" (idk, whenever jx is ready to do a batch). Once that has been determined, perhaps extrapolate several days to a week, and then voila: you'll have a solid and set date!

Right now though, I still fail to understand why a precise date cannot be given.

(if you haven't already figured out, I had no participation in setting the actual opening moment of the batch)

kommisar 08-27-2012 10:52 PM

I wouldn't call the osu community smarter though, rebound

they're the ones who think disabling backgrounds is cheating

i love you 08-27-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3756436)
I wouldn't call the osu community smarter though, rebound

they're the ones who think disabling backgrounds is cheating

I think it is only peppy and a small amount of the community who thinks that. I honestly doubt majority of the community would agree with that since most of them takes off bgs anyway. The day they make orz2 public is the day when I will quit playing and move on to pso2 xd

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3756426)
Right now though, I still fail to understand why a precise date cannot be given

Wow, i was actually going to edit my post and mentioned this but you did that for me so thanks xd

jimerax 08-28-2012 12:11 AM

So, I said it because I don't think we can always get schedules precisely (like, monthly), but we can settle it when it's close (like a week before) / posting an annoucement via FPP can be made.

Tidus810 08-28-2012 12:15 AM

Yaaaay got my files in on time...
Some KV and Ronald Jenkees, woooo~
:P

Xiz 08-28-2012 12:23 AM

Is there anyway I can find out if my files were received by 'yall?

dore 08-28-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3755880)
@Xiz: FFR Submission [Xiz] #1

You did not attach a file to the email. Despite putting a direct link, please attach the file directly to the email. Thanks.

make sure you put your file in a zip and then attach it to the email

bmah 08-28-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3756527)
So, I said it because I don't think we can always get schedules precisely (like, monthly), but we can settle it when it's close (like a week before) / posting an annoucement via FPP can be made.

Yeah, precisely. When the time is close, we'll make an announcement on a real date, but still in advance. I'd say within the range of one to two weeks is sufficient.

We can give:
1) a ballpark announcement like we have (e.g. August 2012)
2) and when the batch opening approaches, give an exact date (e.g. August 25)

Just like the announcements of movie or video game releases.

hi19hi19 08-28-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3756305)
The only person I think who would need a submission cap is hi19

:(

Frank Munoz 08-28-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 3756537)
Is there anyway I can find out if my files were received by 'yall?

quoting cause I also wanna know

Xiz 08-28-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dore (Post 3756569)
make sure you put your file in a zip and then attach it to the email

Okay, sent it. Hopefully that worked that time :D

PrawnSkunk 08-28-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Munoz (Post 3756683)
quoting cause I also wanna know

wait 'til the batch pic, yo! :)