Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Official Anniversary & Thousands of Posts Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=30660)

Tasselfoot 08-27-2005 04:14 PM

Official Anniversary & Thousands of Posts Thread

I'm sick and tired of seeing 25 different threads every day with people talking about their 1 year anniversary, 2 year, 7 year, etc... or their 1000th posts, 4000th post, 10000th post, etc...

There is no need for a new thread for every person each time they hit one of these... or, if you want one just for yourself, do it in the garbage bin. That used to be the official place for these, and somehow we let that slip away... So, if you want to commemorate a special post or date in your FFR life, do it here or in the g-bin only. Anywhere else and it will be locked.

PS - I'm over 6200 posts now... and I hit 2 years a month ago, but didn't bother to make a thread about it. I would like to thank myself. If I forgot anyone else... well, I don't really care. :)

evilbutterfly 08-27-2005 04:34 PM

RE: Official Anniversary & Thousands of Posts Thread

Jurs said I would make a shoutout thread when I hit 4000 recently despite me telling her I wouldn't.

She was wrong.

Tps222 08-27-2005 04:47 PM

Um, >1 year, >1600 posts? Yay?

Tasselfoot 08-27-2005 04:48 PM

You aren't at 1 year yet TPS... November. Unless you had a name before your current one.

QreepyBORIS 08-27-2005 04:50 PM

He was Tps22 before, I think.

Tps22 08-27-2005 05:15 PM

<<<<<

Tonberry_Kid 08-27-2005 05:49 PM

I've had a one year. Different name though. No one remembers it except me lol.

Rebirth0 08-27-2005 06:07 PM

I was planning on making a 3000 post thread.

Tass, people made threads in Chit Chat because they contained a large ammount of shoutouts, and taking the time to make a large post like that didn't deserve to be taken as lightly as people take threads in the Garbage Bin.

At least that's what I think.

jewpinthethird 08-27-2005 06:10 PM

I was going to make a huge shoutout thread the day I left for Japan...but then I got distract with packing and never did. Maybe I will do one for my 3 year post. Because after all, there are only 6 other people before me who can say they've been here for 3 years, and most of them are inactive or Synthlight..but he doesnt count...because we established that he doesnt exist.

plasmix 08-27-2005 06:11 PM

Who is actually going to read this thread?

Tasselfoot 08-27-2005 07:20 PM

Plasmix: as it stands, the current threads of this nature are almost purely postwhoring... at least this thread can be for people's FFR history brags and accomplishments.

Call that the official reason. Plus these threads USED to be solely in the garbage bin (It was changed about 6 months ago... not sure what changed it though. Probably mod apathy). Plus they clutter up Chit-Chat.

Snapps 08-27-2005 07:23 PM

Bull. I want this topic deleted and us to be able to make these sorts of threads as long as its meaningful.

And if it isnt, then lock it. Simple enough. Just because one person doesn't like it, doesn't mean everyone must suffer.

zajac 08-28-2005 03:45 PM

Anniversary posts are pretty annoying... ESPECIALLY when it's by people like Moogy that make a thread, then is like 'Thanks to NOBODY' or some crap...

Post threads are even more annoying...

But that's why I made my thread so effing huge, to make it stand out amongst everyone elses... And to actually THANKS everyone that has kept me around on this site for so long, and for so much longer to come...

So hopefully, Tass, you are just pissed at the runofamuck pointless threads, unlike mine, right? :P

Snapps 08-28-2005 03:51 PM

Since i'm not allowed to make a thread, I will not put effort into this post by adding people's names and whatnot.

Hello 4000.

zajac 08-28-2005 03:53 PM

Hello Snapps' 4000. :P

Tasuke 08-28-2005 03:56 PM

I passed 1000 a few days ago. Hurray for me!

zajac 08-28-2005 03:58 PM

Hello Tasuke's 1000. :P

Rebirth0 08-28-2005 10:00 PM

I was planning on making a large topic filled with shoutouts, but since this is here I won't even bother.

chickendude 08-28-2005 10:23 PM

uh, 2 years?

Tasselfoot 08-29-2005 09:17 AM

You guys CAN have all the shoutouts and personalization you want in this thread.

zajac 08-29-2005 01:01 PM

Congrats to Tass's 6241 posts.

evilbutterfly 08-29-2005 01:03 PM

What's with everybody reaching milestones all of a sudden? Are you all the crowd that came here because of addictinggames, or what?

Jam930 08-29-2005 01:18 PM

1000 +
1 year +

I think people have already passed milestones and just decided to mention them.

Tokzic 08-29-2005 02:47 PM

I officially have 256 posts.

I'd like to thank my gerbil who died a couple of years ago (R.I.P. Bojangles) and Morrowind Game of the Year Edition, for without them I would be slightly different from who I am today.

Confetti people, that's your cue.

What's that? 256 is not a valid post celebration you say? Well I say it's 2^8, and with that I rest my case.

Rebirth0 08-29-2005 03:27 PM

Re: RE: Official Anniversary & Thousands of Posts Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
You guys CAN have all the shoutouts and personalization you want in this thread.

Why bother? If I were to make a post with shoutouts I'd get only a few replies, then someone else will post that they hit 400,000 posts or whatever. Then people will forget about my post because of the newer one.

Reach 08-29-2005 03:39 PM

Re: RE: Official Anniversary & Thousands of Posts Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamepro17616
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot

Why bother? If I were to make a post with shoutouts I'd get only a few replies, then someone else will post that they hit 400,000 posts or whatever. Then people will forget about my post because of the newer one.

aww poor baby not getting a bunch of attention for hitting the post reply button a bunch of times.

over 2 years, over 3000 posts. I've never cared about my post count. Anyone I'd shout out to, or know fairly well know who they are anyway.

zajac 08-29-2005 04:22 PM

RE: Re: RE: Official Anniversary & Thousands of Posts Th

Congrats Reach on 'reaching' (Yeah... Pun intended :P) 3,680 posts! Woot!

SSCUJO 08-29-2005 10:38 PM

been an active member for over 2 years!!! and still under 300 posts... go me ?!?!?!

zajac 08-29-2005 11:41 PM

Woot for SSCUJO's 226 posts in over 2 years! Congrats!!!

evilbutterfly 08-30-2005 08:19 AM

W00t for zajac's postwhoring disguised as happiness for people who post. =P

Tasselfoot 08-30-2005 08:40 AM

Awe... thank you eb. Zajac, your support of people's "milestones" is appreciated, but you are knowingly taking it beyond the point of need. Continue with the blatant postwhoring, and this will go on your permanent record. oh noes!

zajac 08-30-2005 09:07 AM

Maaaaaan... I can't be happy for my fellow FFRers that reach unusual milestones?

...All well...

msbrunnettemickey 08-31-2005 07:07 PM

Oh, yeah, tomorrow is a year for me on THIS username.

MalReynolds 09-1-2005 01:26 PM

That's it! 2 Years!

I would shout out, but no one has put me on a shout out list ever... So... Emo.

Mal

Tasselfoot 09-1-2005 01:36 PM

Mal, if I had a shoutout list... you probably wouldn't be on it. <3 Then again, no worries... I don't do "that"

NightSonnett 09-1-2005 09:15 PM

Whatever, Mal. You were on mine ;)

Omeganitros 09-1-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightSonnett
Whatever, Mal. You were on mine ;)

MalReynolds 09-1-2005 11:15 PM

There was a period where I wasn't checking shout-out lists, because for me... They had become "shut out" lists. Emo.

Mal

Anuj 09-8-2005 07:35 PM

I dunno what my postcount is, or how long I've been here... I'll know the second I post this, but I'll be too lazy to edit my post...
So yeah, go me!

esupin 09-10-2005 01:23 PM

One day before me...

areanem 09-10-2005 06:20 PM

WOOOO!!!! I'M NOt so cool........... I have a crappy amount of post so no happyness for me. Damn i'm a lazy poster... plz love me!! :-(

1-4-4 09-14-2005 03:06 AM

Hi!

I've been here for a 2 years, But I'm not the forum posters

I'm only guy in FFRChat XD.

Good to see you guys support FFR!

CO MANAGER OF JUSTICE.

Chromer 09-21-2005 01:28 PM

OHSHI It's the Black Guy 1-4-4! Yeah, My 2 years is already past. And I just hit 1500 posts the other day. Woohoo.

flypie743 09-21-2005 04:51 PM

this thread blows

osufan 09-21-2005 04:55 PM

I hit 1 yr a while ago, but nobody cares

NaOTa4231 09-21-2005 06:45 PM

I also hit 1 year a few months ago!!! Just would like to throw that out there now, so I don't have to wait another 9 months.

Tasuke 09-25-2005 01:51 AM

Whatever happened to that joke about "AAAAing Reach's mom"?

talisman 09-26-2005 11:18 PM

well today's my birthday and I was going to get to 1986 posts but I don't think that's going to happen in 24 minutes. Also 6000 games of ffr played. and a little over the 2.5 year mark. (from when I first found the site not joined).

GuidoHunter 09-26-2005 11:53 PM

Haha, talisman, I've known today's your birthday for about three days now, thanks to facebook.

I'm pushing three years of playing FFR. I don't know the exact date because there was no way to remember it back then.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

MalReynolds 09-27-2005 01:40 AM

Shucks, I hit 1,000 posts somewhere in the Synthlight thread. Kudos to me.

Shoutouts:

Mal: You're fucking awesome.
The_Q: You're fucking awesome.
Guido: You're fucking awesome.
Omega: You're fucking awesome.
NightSonnett: You're fucking awesome.
Nickadeemus: You're fucking awesome.
Boris: You're fucking awesome.
Tass: You're fucking awesome.

The end.

Mal

Torlock 09-27-2005 04:53 PM

Woohoo, I'm at 1/2 thousand posts. Shoutouts to all the cool people.

QreepyBORIS 09-27-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalReynolds
Shucks, I hit 1,000 posts somewhere in the Synthlight thread. Kudos to me.

Shoutouts:

Mal: You're #$#ing awesome.
The_Q: You're #$#ing awesome.
Guido: You're #$#ing awesome.
Omega: You're #$#ing awesome.
NightSonnett: You're #$#ing awesome.
Mal: You're #$#ing awesome.
Nickadeemus: You're #$#ing awesome.

The end.

Mal

I think you forgot a couple of people.

PS: You are so going on my next list, since you rule and you post here again.

chickendude 09-27-2005 05:31 PM

DUDE
2 years

I didn't even notice until I signed up on another forum and realized my signup date was the EXACT same one from at FFR, I was like o_O

2 years and 600 something posts, yes awesome isn't it <_<

Pumble 09-27-2005 06:41 PM

Didn't you start actually posting around the same time as me?

chickendude 09-27-2005 07:37 PM

yeah, actually <_<

I started posting summer 2005

but I've been at FFR the whole time - wasting my life away on this game
I actually never really got stepmania until like summer 05 <_<, and I got good at it via FFR c300 only. I'm kind of addicted to c300, it sucks <___<

I had some random posts here and there about this and that before then

but I'm still awesome for joining two years ago

Squeek 09-27-2005 08:09 PM

4,000. Tosh is a moron who spells Balrog "Barlog" and wants me to do the same thing but I won't do it.

Forgot when and where I got it and it doesn't matter.

Since I can't make my own topic, this isn't as exciting. Thanks for ruining the joys of our achievements Tass.

All of the cool people get +1 Squeek point. Spend it wisely. All of the idiots get punched in the face.

~Squeek

evilbutterfly 09-30-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Since I can't make my own topic, this isn't as exciting. Thanks for ruining the joys of our achievements Tass.
Anniversary/"Yay my postcount is huge" threads have NEVER been exciting. I think you're all stupid for doing them.

87x 09-30-2005 10:27 PM

I wish I wouldn't of hated Forums while first playing this game. I probably would of been signed up probably the same day as jewpin. Damn forum lovers.

Anyway, I want a list of people that were playing this game BEFORE the forums came out, then we can see who the originials are.

Snapps 10-1-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flypie743
this thread blows

Two years guys.

:/

Nyokou 10-1-2005 10:25 PM

I've only been here since March or something. LoL.

I'm a newbie, just don't make fun of me. Dx

MalReynolds 10-1-2005 10:55 PM

So... What exactly was the point of making that post? Seriously?

Mal

Nyokou 10-1-2005 11:06 PM

ughhh. Dx Geez...

I'm seriously on the verge of leaving this site.. =|
& taking my art with me too...

MalReynolds 10-1-2005 11:35 PM

I mean, they have a "Newbie" forum... You know, for people branded as "Newbies" or self proclaimed "Newbies". The "Newbie" forum would have been an incredibly decent place to say, "Hay, I'm new."

Just sayin'.

Mal

Nyokou 10-1-2005 11:48 PM

Too damn late.

TAKE ME OFF THE DAMN WINNER'S LIST.
DONT FUXXING STEAL MY ART, CHARDISH.

D:<

QreepyBORIS 10-1-2005 11:50 PM

I am the third most postingest user on the site.

talisman 10-1-2005 11:50 PM

what was with the whole u___u thing? Is that supposed to be eyes closed or winking or something?

Nyokou 10-1-2005 11:52 PM

...uhmm.

It's my way of saying... WTF.

GuidoHunter 10-2-2005 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87x
I wish I wouldn't of hated Forums while first playing this game. I probably would of been signed up probably the same day as jewpin. Damn forum lovers.

Anyway, I want a list of people that were playing this game BEFORE the forums came out, then we can see who the originials are.

::raises hand::

There wasn't even a forum when I was playing...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

stretchypanda 10-3-2005 03:42 PM

I've been here over a year. Thank you, Guido and Matt (who y'all don't know), for playing FFR and DWI incessantly at TAG and getting me interested. Thank you, PYP thread. Thank you, the rest of you, for being so gosh-darn interesting that I can't stay away from this effin' site.

Tasselfoot 10-3-2005 08:39 PM

Thank you for yelling at lightweight girls in Philly Panda. :)

stretchypanda 10-3-2005 09:25 PM

:D Thank you for not making fun of me when I got my ass kicked. <3

Linkisdoomed 10-4-2005 05:34 PM

When did this get here? anyways:

Finally, one thousand posts. I thought it would never happen.

Shoutouts in order of importance:

Synthlight Thanks for the awesome site. I wouldn't be here if you hadn't made this.

lightdarkness Thanks for keeping me in line for the time I’ve been here.

JurseyRider734 Thanks for being a bitch, and a great janitor. I have no clue why I’m not banned from the chat or anything.

Kilgamayan Thanks for not banning me from the g-bin yet, I’d bet I’m pretty close to being called out for the stuff I’ve been doing recently though. *EDIT* Thanks for letting me know I was banned. You suck now.

Destruction Dude, you’re the only person on FFR that hasn’t made me feel like a total n00b. Thanks a bunch!

PurplePoise You're such a nice person in the chat. I only wish you were around more.

Mickey It’s been great knowing you. We’ve had several laughs in the chat.

Falconsfan14 & his awesome girlfriend Thanks for the few Photoshop jobs. And several schoolings on FFR.

Spheroid (The Great) Sadly the forum had to go, but we had some good laughs and getting me off of crack. Thanks for putting on a war. That was the best week on FFR I ever had.

Afrobean Taught me the crack joke, and believed in me, but got shot because I was a failure. XD

Jagx Bitch.

Hydrojakep Ok, you're in my post. Shut up.

180digi You’re the new me. Accept it. And I’m not putting myself down. I just realized that I’m different and accepted it. You should too.

ddrruler Thanks for killing me while I was a n00b. You helped me realize a few things along the way that made me realize what I should and shouldn’t do.

VashTheStampede0987 Well, uh… We had fun trashing Ruifio’s forum… until I gave him back his power. (Maybe we’ll set up another forum like it.)

FirePower69 Thanks for everything. You were the first real friend I had on this site. I was sad to hear you had wrist problems.

Solisnk I don’t know if you’re not around still, but if you see this, thanks for the laughs in the chat. You always made me smile.

ToshX Hah, I haxed into teh post, and you can’t do a thing about it.

Katsmyname Heh, it was a good cyberwedding, and everyone enjoyed the cake. Still hoping we’re gonna go on our honeymoon rofl.

SUSUGAM Thanks for numerous nights of fun.

Mindfields Heh, even though you pretty much think I’m an idiot, you’re still a pretty cool person. Welcome to hell by the way.

CabooseOMalley Fine. You will bear my children.

Rynn Just a few words: Pink Pimp hat. I miss it.

KaTiEcHeN Get unbanned, get a job, then do your job right.

Eternal_0 Thanks for the fun in the chat. You and a few others like you really brightened my day.

DjSmalls You’re my bitch. Just kiddin, keep up the good job with the music.

Torlock I had fun in the War. I only wish it would have lasted longer. I would have had fun helping head up your guys’ secret meetup.

trillobyite Several good late-nighters in the chat. I hope there will be more of them.

banditcom You’re the one who I think has the best avatars. EVER.

OhsH I can’t believe you. You’re such an idiot. XD

stretchypanda You’re a good friend in the chat. Thanks.

B3NJ1 Hopefully we’ll meet up at the meet-up you’re planning. I hope to see you there.

SionNekai

AND FINALLY:

-Mr. 1up- (the spamwhore) It wouldn’t have been near as screwed up without this account, so here’s the credibility.

HONORABLE MENTIONS: [b]Problems, ruifio, StreetGlow804, PhoenixFire001, Tokzik, aperson, JONES,

Props to: All FFR song artists. Great music. Keep it up.

Also: today is my birthday, causing you all to celebrate and/or flame me. 16 kiddos!

-Link

hydrojakep 10-4-2005 08:02 PM

Banned on your birthday.

Good job.

Way to mention me i hate you now. D:

happy birthday though.

vashthestampede0987 10-11-2005 08:05 PM

2000 posts. Shout outs are for lame 1k'ers.

Eyoshi 10-13-2005 03:08 PM

POST #1000.

So umm...am I suppose to do shoutouts?
I don't have many to give if I'm supposed to... :(

Laharl 10-18-2005 11:10 AM

Holy cow. I never noticed when I reached 1000 posts, let alone 1200.

That's because post count does not increase the size of your eWang.