Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=99720)

mnoed 09-16-2008 10:23 PM

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

... came out today, lol, anyways, talk about it here, i would have more to talk about if i actually had it... i only knew because my friend got it todee...

u84 09-16-2008 10:24 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

This looked sick on the commercial. I am interested in getting it.

Starshot 09-16-2008 10:30 PM

70/100 on Metacritic

Doesn't surprise me, really

Afrombean 09-17-2008 01:02 AM

I thought about getting excited about this game.

Then I realized it was so far off canon.

How can an apprentice have an apprentice (see also: Clone Wars film)? If this apprentice was so instrumental in the downfall of the Jedi class, why are no allusions made to him thus far, particularly in main canon? All of the notable/prominent Jedi Knights were shown being killed by clone troopers, Sideous or Vader themselves, or choosing to go into exile; why would a special sith apprentice be necessary (if the intention was to hunt down those in hiding, Vader himself would have been better to have done it personally)?

That and these games always show off abilities that, although logical given the nature of force powers, make no appearances in main canon (probably due to the insanity of their strength, or simply because special effects to create these abilities weren't even thinkable in the late '70s). But they also stop short of other logical flows such as flight (if one can lift a space craft with their mind, why not themselves?*) or using force push/pull powers to rip through foes.

*I'll give them the enhanced jumping seen in Episode I through III, but self sustained flight should be possible, even if only for short distances.

Bojack2424 09-17-2008 08:45 PM

My god people..you need to read the reviews about this game lol. Mostly its not good. like the game play wasnt good, the glitches...the repetivness...( i think) the Euphoria didnt work well..enemys sometimes didnt respond or die..and the weird camera angles didnt do so well

*SPOILER*

They said the ending to the game where you FINALLY bring the Star Destroyer was terrible. As you saw in the trailer it was done quickly..but in game you play a stupid little minigame that takes waayy longer and the way its done looked dumb to me, while dodging tie fighters..

*/FIN*

I think one of the reviews said they should have made this into a movie instead of a game and they should have spent more time on the game as well.

I know it sounded negative alittle..but im a good fan with star wars so i mean nothing bad.

MalReynolds 09-17-2008 10:32 PM

Afro - most of it is actually handled pretty well and explained very well in the game. The plot is really, really the only reason to play what is another generic beat-em-up.

scorpio1690 09-18-2008 02:30 PM

I dl'd and played the demo after reading not-so-great reviews. My main irk with the game is the camera control and angles. The design directors said that they wanted to make the game pick-up and playable for anyone, and that they even included inexperienced gamers in the testing crew.

I don't know if it's because I'm used to other beat'em up games like PoP where the landscapes aren't as grand, but for the ten minutes that I played the demo I was very frustrated with the whole experience.

Afrobean 09-18-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalReynolds (Post 2803471)
Afro - most of it is actually handled pretty well and explained very well in the game. The plot is really, really the only reason to play what is another generic beat-em-up.

"Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice."

gtfo noncanon bull****

beaner692 09-18-2008 03:15 PM

I saw the commercial and creamed my pants

little to say I think it's gunna be a great game.

MalReynolds 09-18-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean (Post 2804151)
"Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice."

gtfo noncanon bull****

Spoiler alert, dick:

He's not an apprentice. The Emperor knows all about him and is using him to root out his enemies, but good job.

robertsona 09-18-2008 05:01 PM

I hear it's one of those games where like the first five mins are OMG COOLIO
and then it wears off

NFD 09-18-2008 05:07 PM

Isn't the first mission, you have to go kill some Stormtroopers because they were like, rebelling?

Afrobean 09-18-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalReynolds (Post 2804354)
Spoiler alert, dick:

He's not an apprentice. The Emperor knows all about him and is using him to root out his enemies, but good job.

still noncanon so whatever

ps that's a pretty dumb copout like when yoda was like "hey lets have anakin as a padawan train this chick who is also a padawan"

MalReynolds 09-18-2008 06:06 PM

It's canon. It has been retconned into the OT storyline by Lucas.

MalReynolds 09-18-2008 06:06 PM

But Clone Wars is super stupid.

Bojack2424 09-20-2008 04:05 PM

which clones wars...

the movie (The Clone Wars)...not attack of the clones -_-

or

The animated one that came out awhile ago..

or

your just saying in general o_O

mnoed 09-20-2008 04:17 PM

'So umm... yeah my friend beat it on hard difficulty in like two days, and it looked like the easiest game you could play, your practically invincible because you don't have to start all over again when you actually DO DIE, and everyone you killed from your last checkpoint will still be dead! (we have it for the wii if that makes a difference)

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE FOR A SHORT GAME!!!!!

Bojack2424 09-20-2008 04:45 PM

i hope lucas arts recovers from this by making something alot better thet "that"

Kairon 09-20-2008 04:48 PM

My friend is bringing it over to my house as we speak. I'm cautiously optimistic.

RevenG- 09-20-2008 06:38 PM

It was a great game when you play on the hardest setting. Took me awhile to beat it. The storyline was good the gameplay was so-so; but people expected too much out of the game and thats why their disappointed. Euphoria and DMM are reasonably new technologies and seeing as how the game is still new the bugs havent been fixed(I know, ive ended out of the map a bunch of times). I would give this game a 3 out of 5 for its storyline and gameplay.