Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152456)

Bolth mannn 10-20-2020 10:02 PM

Re: On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makilaz (Post 4747671)
that post is exactly the sort of thing we need less of, thank you for being an example of how not to behave

Yea

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4747674)
i think we know shadow's intent but it's still much, at least in my opinion. not even everyone here thinks it's too much though so you don't gotta bash everyone like that

but most of the posts were directed at subaru who first of all is newer and second is also younger than most of us

This argument holds no water tbh because Subaru and I have interacted a lot outside of TWG, so he would know my tone and my sense of humor by now if you're pushing a point of me bullying a newer player.

T-Force 10-20-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747688)
You're that type of guy though, who is genuine and doesn't throw jabs. Not everyone has that personality. Some people express themselves differently, more forcefully, with more "jabs" than you would throw. Some people have that fiery personality type. and that's not wrong it's just different

I mean, I feel like I can be pretty sassy at times, but I do try to not go too overboard. The one time I did was the most recent Turbo I played where I exploded on FFA and had to simmer for several hours afterwards due to how heated I was.
I will personally say I went overboard in that moment, but that's just me.

And I'm not saying that fiery personalities aren't good, but it's like that post Charu made. You can get the same point across without having to resort to personal jabs.

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 10:15 PM

Can we just make this TWG 198: Toxic Or Not?

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747694)
Can we just make this TWG 198: Toxic Or Not?

In b4 I get told to take this thread more seriously

Funnygurl555 10-20-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747692)
This argument holds no water tbh because Subaru and I have interacted a lot outside of TWG, so he would know my tone and my sense of humor by now if you're pushing a point of me bullying a newer player.

i don't think you're bullying him-- think everyone here loves subaru too much for that lol-- but from post game i got a sense that even he wants to take a break

Funnygurl555 10-20-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747695)

'scuse me miss could u take this thread just a bit more seriously thanks

flashflash account 10-20-2020 10:37 PM

7 pages in 48 hours, time to compare that to the game thread

YoshL 10-20-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4747686)
With all due respect YoshL, you are prime example number 1 of this mindset. Your toxicity before was... yikes.
Now? Very pleasant, would play with again, and it's this exact mindset that I think contributed to that for you.

Yeah no offense taken, I recognize where I was and the kind of player/playstyle that defined me back then. I'm saying what i'm saying from that lens, from that kind of post-shift towards just trying to be a more empathetic/compassionate human being in more things that I do. As a result, tbh I haven't really had the want to play TWG because of still being somewhat locked into feeling like i can't get my point across unless some sort of hyperbole sticks into the posts haha

honestly in the end, none of us are dumb in this twg community. be considerate, use common sense, apply nuance to your reasoning instead of overgeneralizing.

Bolth mannn 10-20-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747695)

If the way you or other people in the community are acting is impacting negatively on the community you’re a part of, is that not something you think should be taken seriously?

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4747697)
'scuse me miss could u take this thread just a bit more seriously thanks

*GROOOOOOOOOOOAN*

Fine.

My original point stands, in that since I've played with you guys, I've not seen any sort of toxic behavior.

Do I honestly see a need for dRaStIC change? No, no I do not. We all have our different ways of playing and poking for information. Even if some deem other people's methods to be "toxic".

Do I think we could be a little warmer to newbies? I'm not sure what we classify as "Newbie" around here. Are we talking as someone new to the community of FFR, new to the game of TWG, or both?

As a newbie, who had only ever played one forum game, it was a jTWG, and got tanked D0 as a wolf (Thanks Raeko) I shoved my dick into a bastard game, was given a roll that was basically Vanilla town unless I was killed by a certain individual, floundered my way around until an F4 and got steamrolled. Was this a smart decision? Fuck no it wasn't, but it gave me those harsh growing pains that was needed to develop a style of play that was comfortable for me.

My point for that recap of TWG hell is sometimes it's frustrating to play in a community as a brand new player, because I felt like my voice wasn't really being heard, which can be very disengaging for a player when they're playing a game for around a month

People just gotta take the deep plunge and read deeper into things, as opposed to screaming around saying that Person #1 is insulting Person #2 which is what we have right now from my point of view.

As for recruitment... Among Us is a thing. I happen to know that quite a few of us have played with MANY different people, so what if we gathered them together and ran a jTWG to get their feet wet?

Just my thoughts here.

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747700)
If the way you or other people in the community are acting is impacting negatively on the community you’re a part of, is that not something you think should be taken seriously?

This is a kind of question that has a question to the question being asked, if you catch my drift

mellonxcollie 10-20-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747701)
tanked D0 as a wolf (Thanks Raeko)

LOL I WAS DRUNK AT A COTTAGE SUCK MY DICK

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747706)
LOL I WAS DRUNK AT A COTTAGE SUCK MY DICK

Funnygurl555 10-20-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747701)
As for recruitment... Among Us is a thing. I happen to know that quite a few of us have played with MANY different people, so what if we gathered them together and ran a jTWG to get their feet wet?

Just my thoughts here.

i want among us i wonder if i can long onto steam now. anyways, yeeeaa buddy it's a good idea

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 11:43 PM

Maybe a jTWG Turbo could be a thing

XelNya 10-20-2020 11:53 PM

I think if I keep coming in here, I'm going to get to a point where I just lose my shit like I always do. I actually can't take it.

I'm just gonna bow out.

Was fun I guess.

Shadow_God_10 10-20-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4747711)
I think if I keep coming in here, I'm going to get to a point where I just lose my shit like I always do. I actually can't take it.

I'm just gonna bow out.

Was fun I guess.

Dawg you better fucking sign up for the next game. We have memeing to do.

mellonxcollie 10-20-2020 11:59 PM

what ground has been made in this thread realistically?

I still don't get what the actual problem is, or the solution being proposed

this honestly just seems like drama at this point ngl

Shadow_God_10 10-21-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747713)
what ground has been made in this thread realistically?

I still don't get what the actual problem is, or the solution being proposed

this honestly just seems like drama at this point ngl

This