Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 4 Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144835)

psychoangel691 07-15-2016 10:59 PM

Official Tournament Round 4 Files

D1
A Happy Day in Funtown
Musician: Jake Kaufman
Length: 2:16
Step author: hi19hi19
Genre: Misc

D2
This Will Be The Day (James Landino's Magical Girl Remix)
Musician: Jeff Williams & Casey Lee Williams
Length: 2:54
Step author: TC_Halogen
Genre: Dance 2

D3
Heartache
Musician: Toby Fox
Length: 1:50
Step author: Silvuh
Genre: Arcade

D4
PrayStation
Musician: Ras
Length: 1:50
Step author: gameboy42690

D5
Galaxy in Toybox [Heavy]
Musician: Umeboshi Chazuke
Length: 2:12
Step author: bmah

D6
The Scales of Strangeness
Musician: MrPokeahole remixed by dbk2
Length: 2:33
Step author: ilikexd

D7
Ongaku -kaiongaku mix-
Musician: LeaF
Length: 1:52
Step author: lurker

qqwref 07-15-2016 11:04 PM

Re: Official Tournament Round 4 Files

Oh hey, I was wondering where the harder Galaxy in Toybox chart was. Neat!

yo man im awesome 07-15-2016 11:05 PM

Well, Ongaku is...

well it's definitely a file.

One Winged Angel 07-15-2016 11:14 PM

this seems really doable but I know I probably won't nail it

YoshL 07-15-2016 11:15 PM

i'll give d6 another try later. should be able to at the very least get like 3 clean on it, i'm just ultra tired from walking around to hatch eggs today

blanky! 07-15-2016 11:16 PM

HEY LURKER

WHERE'S THE BMAH ENDING JACKS

ps. but seriously tho. that file really is doppelganger on some steroids, man...

pps. d5 file is some srs fun. loved loved the color notes to changing instruments the song hit all the right notes

ppps. d6 file : exclusive utopia = ~290bpm streams : 210bpm jumpstreams (AKA easy peasy for those with speedy) its all good stuff tho ilikexd great buildup to the stream

pppps. "praystation" is just playstation for asians that's why its all mechanical the music (lol racism)

hi19hi19 07-16-2016 01:29 AM

Galaxy in Toybox is on fucking point

My only question mark would be the 32nd burst thing but it's not too terrible.

Xiz 07-16-2016 01:37 AM

edit: wrong thread

songs are songs

igotrhythm 07-16-2016 02:32 AM

I see what Badman meant when he said galaxy in toybox was like the first three d5 files combined.

you got your streams, your bursts, your weird color shit, anchors, ragebait jump chains, aids transitions...definitely a well-rounded file worthy of a prize round

Shadowcliff 07-16-2016 05:07 AM

I'm really happy about the D3 song. Just played it a couple of times and it's an incredibly enjoyable and difficult chart. Was not a fan of the round 3 song.

SKG_Scintill 07-16-2016 09:08 AM

D2's song is written and sung by a 12 year old boy with a rich daddy
D4's file is harder than D6's
I like D1's file
The rest of the files are nothing new

VisD 07-16-2016 10:35 AM

D1's file (Funtown) is probably the best thing D1 has ever had across all ffr tournaments, that was great

Scales of Strangeness was actually really fun, liked it a lot as well.

I wanted to say that Praystation plays like the younger bro of Oops, but thinking about it I'm not so sure. I think the sets of 8 connected jumpjacks might be harder than the hardest stuff at the end of Oops. In any case, the song blows but the file's good given what it had to work with. More jacky stuff like this is always great

Heartache was just way overdone in the middle with the 32nd spikes and stuff, I didn't like it much at all. At least the cutoff probably won't be so steep that it ends up being down to how people hit a handful of notes in a couple of the bursts

Dinglesberry 07-16-2016 11:03 AM

LOL just woke up, did so bad on the d3 file, somehow didnt get the worst score with 126 good equiv o_O

gonna have to warm up a bit first i suppose, doesnt seem too hard, easier than the rd3 file imo

sickufully 07-16-2016 11:37 AM

D4 song is like an easier version of dragonlady. Basically becomes dragonlady on rates.

D5 song is a solid 82-83 imo. Those [13][24] jump triplet things screw me over every time. And the ending is brutal. Wondering if a 51-7-4-17 is good enough for top 16..............

lol so screwed this round

igotrhythm 07-16-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4454192)
D2's song is written and sung by a 12 year old boy with a rich daddy
D4's file is harder than D6's
I like D1's file
The rest of the files are nothing new

you take that back about our boy KgZ

Ninty64 07-16-2016 12:42 PM

The D6 song is amazing. Love the stepfile.

feelingzwontfade 07-16-2016 01:37 PM

Kinda surprised I'm still alive after that shitty score on the round 3 song, hope what you are saying about the D4 song is true because DRAGONLADY is one of the few low 70s I can get a reasonable score on 😕

hi19hi19 07-16-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisD (Post 4454199)
Heartache was just way overdone in the middle with the 32nd spikes and stuff, I didn't like it much at all. At least the cutoff probably won't be so steep that it ends up being down to how people hit a handful of notes in a couple of the bursts

I have to agree with this. The file isn't like, technically wrong, but it was just not very enjoyable for me.
And I'd worry about it being used as a tournament file, but as you said much of D3 is going to get run over by even the "easy" parts of the file so it's not such a big deal lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4454192)
I like D1's file

<3

bmah 07-17-2016 10:10 PM

my thoughts:

A Happy Day in Funtown
- song: Such a weird song, but I dig it. Basically happy-go-lucky ragtime music with random unrelated genres interrupting the song.
- chart: The chart is basically asking D1 players to work on sightreading abilities and not to rely on any sort of defined rhythm. Fun and tricky. Good file hi19!

This Will Be The Day (James Landino’s Magical Girl Remix)
- song: Is this song supposed to be a reference to some sort of anime or show? There's a music video with a bunch of characters for what looks like some sort of cartoon. Anyhow, interesting nu disco beats that I didn't really expect to hear from KgZ. I like this.
- chart: Well-balanced file and has a bit of variety; nice stuff but not much else for me to comment on.

Heartache
- song: Undertale stuff. Not one of my favorites but still a nice song. Not much else to say.
- chart: Take note tournament players - you will benefit from the Halved Noteskin option on the R3 engine for this file in particular. I didn't find the file all that bad...I can't even say it's too intense for the song. The file is far more straightforward than the previous round for D3. The notable exceptions would be one 32nd pattern halfway through (involves a hand in the middle of the 32nds) and the 12th jacks in two sections.

PrayStation
- song: Techno stuff. I had no clue this song was in VOEZ. If people are familiar with the song because of that game, take note that this was originally a BMS song.
- chart: I never envisioned this song to be so jacky, but it works. I find this file easier than the previous round for D4 but jacks have traditionally been viewed as a more difficult skill set and I suppose I'm better at executing these patterns. The 24th wobbles 2/3rds through the song is so weird...probably the only part of the file I didn't like.

Galaxy in Toybox [Heavy]
- song: Well you've heard it before! Probably one of the very few chiptune songs I've stepped.
- chart: The 32nd bursts were actually harder before I had to make corrections on them. Hope you guys enjoy the variety going on here. Huge step up from the D4 song IMO.

The Scales of Strangeness
- song: This sounds like stuff I'd hear from a Newgrounds composer. i.e. rather uneventful
- chart: Good chart with well-placed arrows forming relatively smooth streams. I suck too much at this game now to call it "buttery smooth." ugh

Ongaku -kaiongaku mix-
- song: Technically "Ongaku" means "music", so Music (for Kirby) is actually Ongaku (for Kirby). Both songs here is in part a tribute to the original Ongaku song from Pop'n Music, infamous for being one of the game's hardest charts. The remix is very typical of LeaF, and unfortunately to me that usually translates to "dull."
- chart: Yeah, unlike Music (for Kirby), there's no grand finale, although I suspect it's supposed to be the very fast speedup right near the end, which is frankly easier than nearly everything else. Make no mistake though, this is a lot harder than that other song, though it technically does not present any sort of significant difficulty spike.

hi19hi19 07-17-2016 10:26 PM

This Will Be The Day is from RWBY