Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Profiles (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   The FFR Profile Shop (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121140)

justin_ator 12-5-2011 03:13 PM

Re: The FFR Profile Shop

Updating right now.

Done. Also:

It's Christmas-time, in the Forums

I'll add santa hats to your avatars if you ask nicely. =]

Gravity Kitten 12-5-2011 03:48 PM

yo justin, sending the bg in pm now.
make this christmasy bitch. <3

justin_ator 12-5-2011 04:05 PM

Working on it.

woah bro, 74 layers?
Any chance you can render it with a few less?

Oh nevermind, only 17 of them have you in it. For filesize sake, I'm going to cut it down some myself =]
Hope you don't mind.

If you want the full size let me know.

Emithith 12-7-2011 01:02 AM

:\ shouldn't I be in the thanks section, too? :C (emerald8000 was in the OP twice.)

justin_ator 12-7-2011 01:30 AM

Quit yo bitchin~~
jk added you

Emithith 12-7-2011 02:01 AM

\o/

Useless post is now useful because I told it to.

funmonkey54 12-7-2011 04:55 PM

Any word on the progress behind my stuff?
This is directed to anyone working on my stuff. I'm not in any hurry at all, believe me. Just curious. :)

TC_Halogen 12-8-2011 01:33 AM

I made two requests for XCV, one for me and one for Kayla. He let his self-consciousness as an artist get to him though, and I know that feels. It's tough to not feel good at something when others think you're great and expect you to do well.

I sent him a message:
Quote:

TL;DR - read all blue colored lines

Hi there, XCV. I noticed that you had a shop in the thread so I figured it might be worthwhile to contact you about it. I am proficient at Photoshop, but being on Linux without a virtual machine means I can't really use PS to make a profile. I've been trying to get a working XP install on my virtual machine but haven't been having much luck.

Anyway, I had an idea for a Lion King profile for myself, -and- for Kayla (accompanying profiles, since we're together), along with avatars for the profiles. She won't be applying her profile until after the tournament because she will be using a Mortal Kombat themed profile based off of Sonya. I, however, will switch to my profile immediately.

Here's the details.

For me:
- I'd like the main character of my profile to be Simba, and I'd like it to be him as a cub.

From personal experience, I've found it somewhat difficult to find a good high quality image just browsing on the internet. If I was on Windows, this is where I'd find a high quality DVD-rip of it and use VirtualDub to catch any particular expression on any frame that I want (my current avatar/profile have really nicely captured expressions because of this).

- I'd absolutely love a really confident face of some sort on Simba, if possible.

I like associating my skill level as a player with a really strong character for my avatar, I don't know why. It's just something I've always done (previous profiles: Krauser from RE4, Chris from RE5, Arcanine from Pokemon, and Diego, both Ice Age 2/3).

- I'd like the avatar to blend in with the background on my profile page. _.Spitfire._ does this on his profile.

As far as the particular design of the profile itself, I'd like a darker theme, somewhat similar to my current profile. Your profile seems to have a nice abstract/grungy flare - I wouldn't mind something similar to that. :smile:

For Kayla:
- she'd like the main character of the profile to be Nala, as a cub.
- she doesn't mind what facial expression is captured within the profile.
- she also wants to have the avatar blend in with the background on her profile page.

- darker theme also preferred.

I'm aware that I'm asking a lot for one profile, let alone a second one, but I'll pay double your asking price if they come out good (and seeing your past works, I don't doubt you for a second).

Let me know if this is alright with you!
He then told me that he hadn't watched The Lion King before (and jokingly mentioned that he was sheltered as a child :lol:), so I gave him two images as an example of what I was looking for.

Simba: http://i.imgur.com/xN7bw.png
Nala: http://i.imgur.com/2t17Q.png

If for any reason, you don't like the images and feel like you can add something better that fits the requirements, by all means do so. Also, it might be a bit difficult to find good images - I took the two that I found from this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SR0YQ7vMI (the other parts are all within the same channel, so it's not impossible to find).

I know it's not the best of ideas to take images from a YouTube video, but the images snagged on 720p are actually pretty decent.

I'm still willing to give someone 2x their asking price for what both profiles would normally cost, but only if I actually like them. I am capable of creating profiles on my own, but I can't seem to get my XP working on a virtual machine in such a way that I can share between my virtual disk and my Ubuntu partition. This is why I'm asking you guys.

The offer is out there. I'm looking for someone fairly skilled to take it on.

DarknessXoXLight 12-8-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3586234)
The offer is out there. I'm looking for someone fairly skilled to take it on.

o. if you're looking for skill then i'm gonna drop this so someone else can take it. /o/

Emithith 12-8-2011 02:42 AM

XCV, please don't quit on us. Take up Halogen and Psycho's and I'll tip you 10k. You're too good to be saying you suck. Pick yourself off the floor, mang. 3:

TC_Halogen 12-8-2011 01:23 PM

NocturneAunamic has my profile request now - I've waited a bit longer than I wanted to for these.

I really would like to see XCV come back, though. =/

Emithith 12-8-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3586399)
NocturneAunamic has my profile request now - I've waited a bit longer than I wanted to for these.

I really would like to see XCV come back, though. =/

damn
Oh well.
Also, I thought Nocturne quit.
I guess it's good that he was joking. lol

RuGuru 12-11-2011 11:18 PM

I'm looking for someone who can make me a Burst Angel FFR layout. I'll pay anyone however many credits they need.

NocturneAunamic 12-11-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3586426)
damn
Oh well.
Also, I thought Nocturne quit.
I guess it's good that he was joking. lol

Yup was kidding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funmonkey54 (Post 3585828)
Any word on the progress behind my stuff?
This is directed to anyone working on my stuff. I'm not in any hurry at all, believe me. Just curious. :)

Barely starting. Finals week of college, I'll get it started soon enough.

kmay 12-11-2011 11:59 PM

gravity is so slow. best a masterpiece.

YoshL 12-12-2011 12:51 AM

rip

justin_ator 12-12-2011 12:58 AM

I'm still waiting on a desktop bg from Steven too haha.

Emithith 12-12-2011 02:53 AM

protip: he's not doing it.
(j/k, he's just really slow at his work)
Also, I guess you A) Didn't have the time to update the OP or B) Didn't see my post in the profile avatar alignment thread, but I said you could put it in this thread somewhere. :)

RuGuru 12-12-2011 09:01 AM

I'll try again. Could someone please make me a new profile layout? I would rather discuss it in PM rather than flooding this thread.

Cold Kitten 12-12-2011 03:28 PM

k, my shop is open again. Skating show is over with, and I actually have free time again!