Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I can’t be the only one that thinks Legacy is the best genre? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153736)

jalen8r 12-14-2021 12:10 PM

I can’t be the only one that thinks Legacy is the best genre?

Player since 2008 user since 2012 and those songs are literally the ones I grew up to like 4F73R M3 being the old theme song to the homepage, stay with me(unlikely) being a total bop, that one “LInK pUt up your hEARts” LoZ song they all got this certain place in my mind and idk I think it’s a shame to put em behind an options wall. Tbh I just wonder if any of y’all are left that still got these memories or if at this point we’ve done the ship of Theseus on this site and it no longer has its original parts.

Lights 12-14-2021 12:47 PM

Re: I can’t be the only one that thinks Legacy is the best genre?

I mean, while nostalgia is a thing- its pretty undeniable that the catalog of songs / charts has done nothing but improve. Certainly nothing wrong with Legacy being someone's favorite group of files, but I don't think theres a good case to be made for "best"

bmah 12-14-2021 03:28 PM

Putting legacy files up behind an options wall has nothing to do with the music itself but rather the charts associated with them not being up to par with today's standards, and I don't think many will debate that.

ToonE156 12-15-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4773146)
Putting legacy files up behind an options wall has nothing to do with the music itself but rather the charts associated with them not being up to par with today's standards, and I don't think many will debate that.

Ok cool but how is Pants not a legacy file

sff_writer_dan 12-15-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToonE156 (Post 4773480)
Ok cool but how is Pants not a legacy file

Because "Legacy" and "Secret" and "Purchased" are their own genres

justin_ator 12-15-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4773146)

I think this is the truly important part, because the reality is that if you love the song enough you could create your own stepfile for the song and submit it as a v2 to "replace" the song in the Legacy genre.

These songs are a nostalgia blast for some of us naturally, but a new player just checking out the game is not going to be encouraged to stay when playing the abysmal charts that have been moved to Legacy, in most cases. They don't have the nostalgia factor we do and objectively the charts are bad, history* or not.

*Ironically enough, this is why they were moved to a Legacy genre instead of being removed from the game.

sff_writer_dan 12-15-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 4773483)
the reality is that if you love the song enough you could create your own stepfile for the song and submit it as a v2 to "replace" the song in the Legacy genre.

[stares in Secret Zombie Room v2]

blindreper1179 12-16-2021 02:10 AM

Runny morning still slaps