Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes/QR Codes (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121625)

T-Force 01-22-2012 12:34 AM

Re: Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes/QR Codes

Oh crap. I totally forgot about tonight. I got busy sorting through a crapload of stuff in my room. Did anyone play tonight?

samurai7694 01-22-2012 12:36 AM

I went out to eat dinner so I couldn't go online ):

Reach 01-22-2012 10:22 AM

Some new times I worked on yesterday:

Daisy Hills: 1:45.516
Wario Shipyard: 2:03.998 (dunno how on earth it's possible to beat this. must be missing a big time saver)
Airship Fortress 2:01.684

ic0slay3r 01-22-2012 10:21 PM

Still trying to find whats the best kart combination for Yoshi or Rosalina, I refuse to use a character I don't like just cause they are good. Any recommendations?

bmah 01-23-2012 12:29 AM

IMO, best kart combinations don't exist when it comes to playing a tournament or grand prix because each stage may place certain emphasis on various parameters. For instance, some stages may be turn-heavy and therefore acceleration and handling is crucial, while other stages are largely off-road (underwater isn't offroad but is in fact another [albeit hidden] parameter).

On an individual basis of each course however, you can definitely be more objective about it. (and on time trials, I put preference on heavyweights)

T-Force 01-23-2012 12:38 AM

I haven't used Yoshi since unlocking characters and I don't touch Rosalina.. can't help you there.
Heck, out of the 17 characters, I've only used Mii, Yoshi, Koopa (once), Shy Guy, and Lakitu.

My current combo consists of Lakitu in the Barrel Train with Mushroom Wheels and the Beast Glider.
Decent speed, and acceleration as well as handling.

Reach 01-23-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ic0slay3r (Post 3622457)
Still trying to find whats the best kart combination for Yoshi or Rosalina, I refuse to use a character I don't like just cause they are good. Any recommendations?

For GP/Online? I've switched to exclusively Yoshi now and run exclusively soda jet + wood wheels.

My win rate online with this setup is very high (~5 to 1). There are maybe a few tracks where Heavy setups are faster, but on too many tracks you're too susceptible to hits, and having high acceleration is essential.

Time Trial? Don't use Yoshi, except for on Cheep Cheep Lagoon and Wario Shipyard, in which case you should be using Egg 1 + Wood wheels.

Everything else, pretty much Metal Mario/Wario/Bowser + B Dasher + Slick/Gold wheels is the fastest. Monsters are faster on some tracks (self explanatory for the most part), and Mushroom wheels on a few tracks at best (Music Park the only one I can think of off hand).

Pockystickz 01-24-2012 05:18 PM

Just wanted to re post my friend code as well as say that I have MK7 now and I need more friends to race so please add me (and tell me you added me) XD!
Name: Pandora
Friend code: 4468 1388 4521
Other games: PK White and Swapnote.

x_lambourghini_x 01-24-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3621627)
Oh crap. I totally forgot about tonight. I got busy sorting through a crapload of stuff in my room. Did anyone play tonight?

Nobody played that night. YOSHl and I were on Skype but we didnt really talk.

Reach 01-25-2012 09:50 AM

Ok so uh, I figured out something.

If you jump with R BEFORE turning your joystick (i.e. just jump straight), and then drift, you go way faster.

This is actually ridiculous. I'm down to 1:22 on Toad's Circuit already. ROFL. I think I know why so many of my times are sitting at +5 seconds on the world record even though they're nearly perfect.

Doing this feels like cheating badly.

Incoming WRs 8)

Here are the WRs though: http://www.mariokart64.com/mk7/wr.php

bmah 01-25-2012 10:10 AM

from here:

Quote:

Drifting
It has also been theorized that pressing the "R" button, then turning your wheels to drift is slightly faster (estimated to be as much 0.1 seconds faster). Basically, you want to press the "R" button to hop, then turn to begin the drift once you land from the hop. This prevents the speed loss of hitting the ground with your wheels turning, and starts the drift regardless.

Verdict

This nifty technique can shave seconds off of courses the rely on lots of drifting (i.e. SNES Mario Circuit 2, or Neo-Bowser City). Although, it's up to you determine if you want to try and learn this.

Reach 01-25-2012 12:31 PM

I wouldn't say theorized. I'm improving all of my times.

1:15.714 on Rainbow Road (SNES), and there's still room for improvement here.

It's a LOT faster for time trialing D:

edit: 1:15.216 like 3 runs later. Oh baby. ;o

T-Force 01-25-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pockystickz (Post 3623768)
Just wanted to re post my friend code as well as say that I have MK7 now and I need more friends to race so please add me (and tell me you added me) XD!
Name: Pandora
Friend code: 4468 1388 4521
Other games: PK White and Swapnote.

Updated. However, I can't add Swapnote and Pokémon because Swapnote is a downloadable item and Pokémon is a normal DS game. =P

Pockystickz 01-25-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3624342)
Updated. However, I can't add Swapnote and Pokémon because Swapnote is a downloadable item and Pokémon is a normal DS game. =P

Dang okies well if I get anymore 3DS games I will let you know. Thanks Trevor :)!

~kitty~ 01-27-2012 11:54 AM

Resident Evil: Revelations will be added to my list of 3DS games, since I pre-ordered it. I get the gist of the game and the elements being used in it (as well as the previous ones). It's got some pretty positive reviews, and I enjoyed the demo. Who else will get it? Or would you rather get RE: 6?

T-Force 01-27-2012 06:04 PM

Hmm.. undecided. Might have to pick up the demo and let you tell us how it is. =P

~kitty~ 01-27-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3625762)
Hmm.. undecided. Might have to pick up the demo and let you tell us how it is. =P

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/r...il-revelations This might help you a little, to see the score.

~Zeta~ 01-28-2012 09:45 PM

3ds code: 1332-8449-7401

no games yet.

edit: I lied: Legend of Zelda 4 swords Anniversary Edition [only free game I could find oop]

~kitty~ 01-29-2012 03:55 PM

So, does anyone think Tekken 3D would be any good? Oh, and Resident Evil: Revelations had a price drop. It's $39.99 now as well.

T-Force 01-29-2012 03:59 PM

Tekken 3D? YES.
Also, adding you to the OP, Mike.
What's the name of the Mii?