Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes/QR Codes (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121625)

YoshL 01-15-2012 05:10 PM

Re: Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes/QR Codes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Chrysalis (Post 3616536)
Alrighty, got everything taken care of from last night's races. Hopefully people will be pestering me often over the next week with race results, I want this to become successful and fun!

Link to MK7 League OP is in siggy.

can we also get a spreadsheet google doc tracking 1v1 stats? I think that'd be kinda cool too

T-Force 01-15-2012 08:33 PM

Alright, added a link to Dark's League standings post in the OP.
Huge round of applause for you, Tyler. Thank you VERY much for this!

EDIT: Dagnabbit, it's not TForc3, It's T-Force! It's different on FFR! >8(

Dark_Chrysalis 01-16-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3616545)
can we also get a spreadsheet google doc tracking 1v1 stats? I think that'd be kinda cool too

Something like this I assume? If so, then that's ready to go as well. Updated OP.

ic0slay3r 01-16-2012 02:09 AM

I still haven't been able to play again with you guys :(

YoshL 01-16-2012 09:13 AM

what the hell did I do

YoshL 01-16-2012 12:42 PM

double post:

FFR NO ITEMS COMMUNITY
09-3888-0109-7857

because i was losing literally every race because of items

T-Force 01-16-2012 05:04 PM

Will add that room to the OP. Good for competitive racing (although it doesn't really feel like Kart without them..).
Thanks, Yosh.

ic0slay3r 01-17-2012 10:14 AM

idk no items in MK just makes the game a little boring :/ if I want to play like that I would preffer Time trial cause if I fall or hit anything I can always reset, but in multiplayer you basically lose after that. Idk maybe add mushrooms or something.

YoshL 01-17-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ic0slay3r (Post 3617737)
idk no items in MK just makes the game a little boring :/ if I want to play like that I would preffer Time trial cause if I fall or hit anything I can always reset, but in multiplayer you basically lose after that. Idk maybe add mushrooms or something.

that might be a better idea, mushrooms only...

T-Force 01-17-2012 09:29 PM

Speed, speed and even more speed.
I like it!

YoshL 01-17-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3618218)
Speed, speed and even more speed.
I like it!

and less

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCO

T-Force 01-17-2012 09:55 PM

Dude, re-draw that picture and have Marco put it in his signature. =')

YoshL 01-17-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3618235)
Dude, re-draw that picture and have Marco put it in his signature. =')

I draw better on a touch screen than on regular paper (or paint or something like that) lol

Reach 01-18-2012 03:18 PM

Anyone here time trial? Here are some of my best times. Would be interested to see if anyone can beat these, and their car setups/tricks if they can.

Toad Circuit: 1:24:226
Luigi Raceway: 1:46.429
Rock Rock Mountain: 2:09.688
Neo Bowser City: 1:53.891
Kalimari Desert: 1:42:949
Rainbow Road (Snes): 1:17.441
Koopa Beach: 1:35.999

I've found there are a lot of dumb and kind of random things that can save time on a lot of these tracks, though I'm interested in figuring them out. e.g. on neo bowser city, when you drift the ascending spiral to the left, if you approach really far to the left rather than straight on and cut as close to the wall as possible, you'll get a red boost you can't get if you drift the turn normally and you save ~1 second, each lap.

Which feels so random. I have a feeling that getting a faster time on rainbow road involves squeezing out more reds.

YoshL 01-18-2012 04:18 PM

Well, the way boosts work in MK7 is interesting. Basically, it takes the angle you start drifting (where you land after hopping) and waits till your kart is facing a certain angle before giving you blue sparks, which is why tighter turns might seem to give the red sparks faster (i.e. airship fortress's spiral) versus a much wider loop (i.e. luigi's raceway rofl boring turns)

Elite Ninja 01-18-2012 04:24 PM

The time of how long it takes to receive red sparks depends on how tight the turn is. Tighter turn = less time for red sparks.

T-Force 01-18-2012 04:36 PM

You're both right. The drift is dependent on the angle. The sharper turns will get you to said angle faster, thus why you get them quicker.

Reach 01-18-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3618825)
The time of how long it takes to receive red sparks depends on how tight the turn is. Tighter turn = less time for red sparks.

Oh I know. You can cut this particular turn the exact same closeness though and never get the red for some reason. You'll only ever get it if you approach correctly and do it just right. It was also surprising that it saved that much time.

There also seems to be funny business with drifting out of boosts. I don't quite fully understand it yet, but from fooling around it appears to be that you gain significant time if you time a second drift after a boost at the appropriate time. It's somewhere around 75% the way through the boost, but I haven't really mastered it yet. Failing to do this slowly leaks time fairly considerably. I got my Koopa Beach time down from 1:38.something to sub 1:36 with the exact same line, only working on this. I got it down to 1:35.280 and could probably get it lower if I could fully figure this trick out.

Could probably fix a lot of my times actually. Will have to go back these tracks now D:

Edit: man...maka wuhu spammers really piss me off. There's like 4 of them in every lobby.

Seriously. 6+/8 people glitch.

They all suck too. The moment another track comes up, they get raped beyond hard.

Edit: I've consistently played 1st then 8th now for 10 games.

This game is so much luck LMAO

ic0slay3r 01-18-2012 11:52 PM

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/17/ni...-mario-kart-7/

I don't really understand why do people pick that part so much. Ok, you know the glitch... but 80% of people playing the game also knows about it to, so whats the point in picking it, its not like you gain any advantages. And after it is picked why do people reselect it again.

Sincerely I would really like to know what is going through their minds when they keep picking that part every time they play.

Also is there a way to share replays/ghosts?

EDIT:

wow REACH, I'm like 10/20 seconds behind in most of those tracks xD. But then again I haven't really tried to improve them that much. Maybe if we make some kind of competition here I can get a little motivated.

Only one I have actually try to make a decent time was:
Maka Wuhu: 1:16.492 (with glitch) I have a better time in a friends 3ds, but I don't remember the exact time.

Elite Ninja 01-19-2012 08:21 AM

I assume people like picking Maka Wuhu for online races because the course is REALLY short with the glitch thus making it the faster VR earning track. That is probably why they pick it all the time. They grind it for VR even if they know other people know the glitch as well.

This is one of the reasons I pick GBA Bowser Castle 1 all the time hehe. It's really short thus faster race and faster VR.