Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Years Tournament! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121662)

justin_ator 01-2-2012 05:22 PM

Re: New Years Tournament!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprox445 (Post 3604466)
justin what position am i in in D3? am i above or below the cutoff? 1-0-0-0 is my score. I have a SS in here somwhere :s

Check the spreadsheet. Not the third post. I'm going to update that over the third post, as it's too difficult to keep both updated properly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FpFY3gxSm91SkE

is the spreadsheet link.

wildfireskunk 01-2-2012 05:50 PM

Question. When it comes to the scoring bonus, how much of it is transferred into the next round? And let's say I come 250 points short of a AAA and work out I can earn a 200 point bonus for my speedmod. If I were to then submit it, would any of that 200 point bonus carry to the next round, or would it all go to this round since I've not AAA'd my song, and thus the 'bonus' hasn't carried over my maximum score?

Zakvvv666 01-2-2012 06:22 PM

The rollover thing slightly worries me since it can easily give people doing this in the later rounds an advantage if they manage to get over the max raw score multiple times, suppose it's a really hard song like the final rounds of any tourney, and then people like me who can't play well at all on other speeds is completely beaten by someone else's rollover points(I'm assuming they can rollover several rounds). I'm not saying this will happen, it just seems like something possible

wildfireskunk 01-2-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3604660)
The rollover thing slightly worries me since it can easily give people doing this in the later rounds an advantage if they manage to get over the max raw score multiple times, suppose it's a really hard song like the final rounds of any tourney, and then people like me who can't play well at all on other speeds is completely beaten by someone else's rollover points(I'm assuming they can rollover several rounds). I'm not saying this will happen, it just seems like something possible

I'm *assuming* that the way it works is that it only rolls over it you go past the AAA barrier, and that each rollover will only carry over once? Although I may be wrong.

Trogdor!!!! 01-2-2012 06:28 PM

Lol technical AAA like a baws. 8D

Edit: I'm pretty sure your AAA doesn't roll over unless you AAA it on a different speedmod.

j-rodd123 01-2-2012 06:40 PM

hosting images

popsicle_3000 01-2-2012 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sigh... got the good in the last 20 notes

Zekramcross 01-2-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3604688)
sigh... got the good in the last 20 notes

I'm in the same boat as you. I splitted a jump. Gotta love splitting.

Im Vince 01-2-2012 06:48 PM

No speedmod for now...
Good enough? :)

justin_ator 01-2-2012 06:51 PM

Clarification on Rollover:

If you get a raw score ABOVE the AAA Raw score [indicated by (+xx) in the spreadsheet] a portion of those points will roll over into the next ONE round. This will not give people huge advantages in the final round, simply some padding for their next round. It is ONLY if you get a score over the AAA raw, which is only possible by doing well on other speed mods. I'll update after dinner.

popsicle_3000 01-2-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekramcross (Post 3604690)

i actually got all the jumps fine. i messed up at the 1st set of 16th notes, which i never miss. ah nerves :)

Zakvvv666 01-2-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3604701)
Clarification on Rollover:

If you get a raw score ABOVE the AAA Raw score [indicated by (+xx) in the spreadsheet] a portion of those points will roll over into the next ONE round. This will not give people huge advantages in the final round, simply some padding for their next round. It is ONLY if you get a score over the AAA raw, which is only possible by doing well on other speed mods. I'll update after dinner.

I'm content with this, means I could still win this without switching mods at all :3

popsicle_3000 01-2-2012 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my first :(

boo...flag

wildfireskunk 01-2-2012 07:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekramcross (Post 3604690)

That last bit with the 2 DR jumps BAH. Every time :<

As such, no AAA for me. Just some slow shit. I'll take whichever is better (I'm gonna assume the 0.6 run), and try to AAA them later. Would you believe that most of those retries were me trying and failing to AAA it on 1.9x? XD

popsicle_3000 01-2-2012 07:25 PM

3 BF and 2 booflags later... :S i'll try again tomorrow

_Zenith_ 01-2-2012 07:48 PM

Man, All of this confusion is just confusing me on why there even is a bonus xD Its simple ><

justin_ator 01-2-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3604707)
I'm content with this, means I could still win this without switching mods at all :3

Exactly why it isn't infinite rollover. As well as it only being a PORTION of those points. I mean, look at it this way:

R1 - 10000 raw song, you use speedmods and get 10500. That's 500 rollover points BEFORE the reduction (which, by the way, nobody has managed to break 300 rollover if I am remembering correctly).

R2 - 8000 raw song, but it's harder so you get 7400 raw. Due to the ratio of the songs, the 500 is reduced to 320 (500/10000 = 320/8000), and then reduced by the 80% carry-over rate (giving you 256). This is then added to the 7400 raw you got prior, making a total of 7656, therefore potentially saving you from the elimination line of 7550 raw.

2 quick notes:

If the song ratio is reversed because the next song is worth more, it DOES increase the raw that is rolled over, BUT that number is still going to be reasonable because it is stilled reduced by the 80%. This is just to ensure that you don't take 500 rollover points into a song that is originally 10000 points lower than what you just finished.

Secondly, if your rollover is enough to push you over the AAA value, that DOES NOT move on or roll over into the next round. Rollover points are simply to aid in saving you in the next round, not two or more rounds after. Say you use speedmods and get 7850 on the 8000 song, and the 256 would put you over, the bonus for R2 is added in from that speedmod BEFORE the Rollover from R1 is added. Any excess from R1 Rollover is NOT carried over. So if you want rollover in R3, you gotta do well enough to roll over some from R2, not from R1.

wildfireskunk 01-2-2012 07:52 PM

So what percentage of the bonus points will rollover, or is that not to be disclosed yet? Use my score for example. 30 points from AAA, I work it out as 200 bonus points, so I've got 170 overspilling atm. Would I be able to work out what carries over, or is that a secret?

_Zenith_ 01-2-2012 07:54 PM

Justin, Sent your credits back, Thanks for letting me use them, I couldn't even FC that song.

justin_ator 01-2-2012 07:57 PM

No problem Zenith. And wildfire, I'm looking at an 80% rollover rate, but it's not really set in stone yet as I haven't applied it to anyone. If I start applying this to people for the next round and 80% isn't working (or if you guys find flaw with that now) then it is subject to change.