Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I hate to do this (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148172)

Spenner 09-12-2017 10:52 AM

I hate to do this

But I'm doing it. Since I was denied at the USA border for reasons completely to do with discrimination, I have to come up with about $450 for doctors fees, and for gas money to drive to my appointment (it's 2 hours away in Toronto).

I just started a job after not working for almost a year, while still paying rent. I'm super tight on money, and I miss my family. I just want to visit them. It's been 4 fucking years.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-vis...ily-in-america

Share to anyone you think might care.

Wayward Vagabond 09-12-2017 06:32 PM

Re: I hate to do this

Unfortunately I don't have money to give right now but when I do expect a little bit of something from me

Tia- 09-12-2017 08:50 PM

This is still going on? I cant say "I got you fam" but I can help

Edit: she's out with my card at the moment, but you'll have another helping hand in 5-6 hours <3 you spen

Editedit: 4

e3: 3 hours aaaa

Tia- 09-13-2017 07:08 AM

boom, hope it helps man sorry um late drunking

Spenner 09-13-2017 09:17 AM

It feels heartbreaking to ask my friends for anything that they've worked hard for, and it's easy to deny that I need any kind of help, but I'm rationalizing it by considering this to be a loan to allow me to get back up on my feet. None of you will be forgotten. You were there for me, I'll be there for you. Promise.

choof 09-13-2017 10:01 AM

I'll toss some cash tomorrow when I get paid

blindreper1179 09-13-2017 01:54 PM

Not a lot, but a bit helps. <3

Spenner 09-13-2017 03:08 PM

Absolutely, thank you brother :)

Gundam-Dude 09-13-2017 05:56 PM

Contributed the remaining amount to hit your goal.

Good luck, duder.

DossarLX ODI 09-13-2017 07:09 PM

You guys are amazing. Spenner, I wish you good luck.

blindreper1179 09-13-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 4585641)
Contributed the remaining amount to hit your goal.

Good luck, duder.

I put it to $400 so someone would do that. Thanks!

Spenner 09-13-2017 09:12 PM

You guys are AMAZING. I never expected to have this kind of response... you are all incredibly kind people and I love you all. Thank you so much. Lindsey's family will be thrilled to know I'll finally get to see them again after 5 years. :")

I really don't know what else to say. Faith in humanity restored. Not that I'm surprised by the kindness of my extended family on this site, but I am nonetheless reminded of how grateful I am to have such good people in my life.

<33333

And make sure to spread awareness to whomever you think will listen and can help change our discriminatory actions at the border. I'm not the first victim of this practice and I sadly doubt I will be the last.

YoshL 09-13-2017 10:30 PM

someone shoved it way over ayy

Charu 09-13-2017 11:29 PM

Man, it's so awesome to see some generous peeps here.

...Wish I could send some your way.

Spenner 09-14-2017 09:44 AM

NOOO I forgot to close the donation drive last night!!! No ooooo

But you know, literally all of it is going towards uniting me with my fam. The $450 was for doctors fees and transport to the doctor only; it still costs a ton to go visit. So absolutely nothing will be wasted.

This has really woken me up. I find such selfless giving like this truly inspiring. I'm going to help someone today, tomorrow, every day if I can <3

Tia- 09-14-2017 09:53 AM

that selflessness that wanted to give after the job was done really cheered me up at the time, I hope you stop on the journey and get something nice with whats left as a gift for your loved ones

it's good knowing it's going effect more just one individual. The chain of good-will people had no difficulty showing, just awesome.

Untimely Friction 09-14-2017 01:16 PM

:) spenner, glad shit worked out