Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   12th Official tournament? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150791)

EppuJoloZ 03-15-2019 04:36 PM

12th Official tournament?

Idk if this belongs here, but is there gonna be a new official tournament in the distant future? :D I have liked the concept of the tourneys and I have always wanted to participate on an official tournament. I was in the Unofficial Tournament and it was a good experience, so I think the real deal would be even better (and more stressful xd)

Yes, I might sound a bit dumb and weird lol, but i'm just curious and kinda wanting to compete in this game again :P

SK8R43 03-16-2019 05:38 AM

Re: 12th Official tournament?

Prob not for another year. We just had one not too long ago

kawaiifu 03-16-2019 05:41 AM

its only been 3 years since the last one, give us some time to recover before you throw any more at us

devonin 03-16-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4668895)
Prob not for another year. We just had one not too long ago

There's a plan for one this summer. Usually it's summer, since they run for a little more than 2 months.

gold stinger 03-16-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiifu (Post 4668896)
its only been 3 years since the last one, give us some time to recover before you throw any more at us

oof this hurts my bones to read

TC_Halogen 03-21-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiifu (Post 4668896)

I suppose I deserve that.

Anyway, Dossar reached out to me and pointed me to this thread.

Nothing has changed with regards to the OT. It's sat in limbo for the past (however long it's been, I legitimately don't remember).

I need to set time aside to go through the fixes once more and help transition things into starting this event again; once it's at the point where it can be managed and started, I'll transition out of any sort of staff role.

I doubt I'd be able to be of any use to the game anymore with my lack of interest in keyboard-oriented VSRGs anymore. I'd nudge myself over towards the development team since full-stack web development is what I'm doing full time now, but I'd likely just disappear and go inactive again (or just not be needed anyway).

In any case, things aren't going to happen right away because we're moving at the end of this month so things are hectic and the earliest that I imagine things get looked at again is April. Kayla (psychoangel691) has the say in how the tournament gets managed and where the content goes. I'm just here ensuring that there's some objectively good content, but at the end of the day where things go is entirely up to her.

To everyone who's been waiting: I'd like to personally apologize to you. This event is something that a lot of people have been waiting a long time for, and there are a number of contributors who have given up a ton of time and put in the effort to showcase their great content. I'll at least commit to getting back on the right track by getting the files out from the desktop that I've got onto my laptop.

kawaiifu 03-21-2019 09:24 PM

Oh I meant no disrespect, I was just having a playful jab at sk8r saying we had one not long ago. I've apppreciated all the effort that went into organising the official batches and prizepools and such. And theres no need to apologize. I hope I can speak for the community when I say we'd likely rather wait for a successful tourney than participate in a shitty rushed one, good batches take time. You and Kayla have a pretty flawless track record when it comes to hosting OTs so I'm sure whatever presents itself to us when the time comes is gonna be welcomed

qrrbrbirbel 03-21-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiifu (Post 4669093)
Oh I meant no disrespect, I was just having a playful jab at sk8r saying we had one not long ago. I've apppreciated all the effort that went into organising the official batches and prizepools and such. And theres no need to apologize. I hope I can speak for the community when I say we'd likely rather wait for a successful tourney than participate in a shitty rushed one, good batches take time. You and Kayla have a pretty flawless track record when it comes to hosting OTs so I'm sure whatever presents itself to us when the time comes is gonna be welcomed

i can relate to the rushed tournaments sucking, or at least insofar as much as hearing the masses not understand why i'm waiting to release their tournament.

When i finally did release they said there was too much detail i'm like dafuq

IwasAsquidOnce 03-21-2019 10:03 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone had just been waiting patiently for me to decide im not bad anymore and can actually be competitive again in d6 before we have another OT. Gimme a couple more months guys and thanks for the patience

Also idk if this has anything to do with the OT but, i feel like me and most other players are more than fine with no cash prize. credits are cool and the prize money never compares to the actual fun of the OT

SK8R43 03-22-2019 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiifu (Post 4669093)

I mean...we just had an unofficial official tourny not too long ago. It still used the dashboard and functioned the same. Only difference was there wasnt new songs which i think most people were okay with lol

gold stinger 03-22-2019 08:31 AM

If there's any way these hands of mine can help with getting the ball rolling faster for the tournament, I'd be more than happy to help in doing so. Just let me know / ask on Discord.

V-Ormix 03-22-2019 05:46 PM

just shouting out bens last unoffical that thing was sick