Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379)

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 07:31 PM

hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Co-hosted by qqwref :)

Summary
This is a no-elimination FFR tournament for all skill levels, held using exclusively brand-new custom files. The difficulty of the tournament is designed to get you to push your limits right from the start, while never crossing the boundary into complete inability to read the file. The tournament will be using the raw scoring system and will be hosting the files on the Dossar Tournament Engine. You do not have to be a member of a specific team to join this tournament, though informal competition between teams is absolutely encouraged in this thread.

Format
This is a no elimination tournament.
There will be 5 divisions with multiple flights to accommodate varying skill levels.
This a guide to how the divisions will be placed:

D5, aka the Chili Peppers
D5A: PAs 13s extremely well. The usual elite.
D5B: No problem PAing mid-high FGOs, can read and decently PA 13s.
D5C: Can PA low and mid FGOs, can read high FGOs well and PA them somewhat.
D5D: Can PA low FGOs, can read mid FGOs well.
Lowest file will be low FGO, most files in the high FGO range, ends with a 13.
The D5A flight will be punished for being too good at this game in the later rounds, I have some surprises :twisted:

D4, aka the Sweet Potatoes
D4A: Can PA high FMOs and possibly the lowest FGOs, but struggles with higher FGOs.
D4B: Can PA low and mid FMOs well, can possibly read a few lower FGOs but difficulty PAing them.
Lowest file will be low FMO, most files in mid FMO to low FGO range, ends with a high FGO.

D3, aka the Winter Melons
D3A: Able to PA nearly all VCs, can read mid FMOs well.
D3B: PA the lower VCs well, can read up to the low FMOs.
Lowest file will be a mid VC, most files in the high VC and low FMO range, ends with a low FGO.

D2, aka the String Beans
D2A: PAs nearly all 9s and can read VCs.
D2B: Able to PAs 8s and can read many 9s and possibly low VCs.
Starts with an 8 and goes up, ending with a mid FMO.

D1, aka the Bamboo Shoots
D1: Difficulty PAing 8s and lower.
Starts with a low 6 and goes up to a mid VC.

The lower divisions will probably see more AAAs at the start, but they will also be pushed harder near the end.

Scoring
This tournament uses raw scoring.
There are three scoring schemes: cumulative scoring, tournament points, and individual round scoring. Everyone is automatically entered into all types when they sign up.
In cumulative scoring, your best score on each round is added up over the course of the tournament, and the highest total in each division wins.
I will grant extensions so long as you tell me in advance.
Scores submitted after the round ends without an extension are penalized 4 goods (100 points raw score) multiplied by the round number. So if you submit a late score for your round 3 file, you will lose 300 points from the score.
This is the type of scoring you're familiar with in the Dragon's Fury Tournaments, etc.

With Tournament Points, upon the end of a round, you are assigned a point value based on your score. Points add up over the course of the tournament, and the highest total wins in the end.
1000 points are awarded to those with the highest score in the round, then subsequent points are given at a rate of 90% of the previous point reward.
Thus the points given each round go 1000 to the highest scorer(s), then 900, 810, 729, 656, 590, 531, 478, 430, 387, etc.
Extensions and late scores for this type of scoring are handled the same way as in cumulative scoring.
This is the type of scoring you're familiar with in Dossar's Brutality Tournaments, Devonin's FFR League, etc.

In individual round scoring, at the end of each round, the best scores in each division win credits. Period.
There are no extensions for this type of scoring.
This type of scoring will encourage you to try your best on every round- even if you feel like you are falling behind in the other scoring types, you can still win credits in any round with a strong performance.
Prizes for this style of scoring will be tracked and distributed at the end along with the prizes for cumulative scoring.

Submitting Scores
This tournament will be using the Dossar Tournament Engine, which has automated score recording. HOWEVER, this feature will not be utilized for this tournament, in the spirit of complying with Velocity's wishes.
You are free to be signed in to the engine and record your scores as you play the files for this tournament, but I will not be checking the automatically recorded scores.

ALL SCORES MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH A PROPER SCREENSHOT IN THIS THREAD.
IMPROPER SCREENSHOTS WILL BE REJECTED, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Replays, videos, or anything else will not be accepted on their own without a proper screenshot.
You can update your scores at any time before the round ends. Please do not edit a new score into old posts.

How to take a screenshot:
Mac users:
Press Command + Shift + 3. This takes a screenshot of the entire screen, and saves the image to your desktop. From there, you can edit the image and upload it to a site like imgur.

Windows users::
Press the print screen button. Open Paint (or another image editing program) and paste the image from the clipboard. From there, you can edit the image and upload it to a site like imgur.

All screenshots MUST include:
A full view of the score being submitted, with nothing covering it
The FFR server timestamp
Your username located on the top right corner of FFR's window

Example of an acceptable screenshot using an engine in-browser.

Example of an acceptable screenshot using a standalone player.

Example of an unacceptable screenshot :wink:

Round Format and Dates
Rounds will be 4 days long and begin on Saturday and Tuesday evenings at 10PM server time.
This setup ensures there is time on the weekends for each round, to accommodate those who are busy during the week.
Note that this also means there will be time on Wednesday each week where the new round is out, but scores for the old round can still be submitted.
There will be 7 rounds total, with an 8th tiebreaker round added if needed.
This tournament will be starting on Saturday, February 18th.

Additional Stuff
ABOUT THE FILES
Each round of this tournament has a specific theme to the files. The themes vary widely, and will hopefully be fun to look forward to.
While the tournament will generally get more difficult as the rounds go on, files WILL NOT be going in a strictly ascending order of difficulty. Don't be surprised if a file is easier for you than last round's file, these things will happen.
In terms of file difficulty, this tournament will be somewhere in between traditional tournaments and Dossar's Brutality tournaments.
While I definitely do not expect you to be able to AAA or even SDG many of the files you will have to play, I do expect you to be able to read them and get through the vast majority of parts without blind mashing.
None of the files in this tournament will be outright dumps- every arrow has a sound. That said, some of them definitely could be called overlayered... I wouldn't have it any other way :)
The exception to this is (possibly) tiebreakers and side game files- I reserve the right to do whatever I want on those files heh

SM FILES
I will be releasing the original SM files for each round when that round starts.
That way you can practice it in Stepmania, make isolation files, argue about how much better Stepmania is, all that stuff, right as the round is going on.
At the end of the tournament, I will release them all again in one pack.
These are totally legitimate SM files- I've put a lot of effort into getting full graphics sets for them and making sure they are up to a high quality by SM standards as well.

INFRACTIONS
There are no infractions. If you piss me off enough to make me want to remove you from the tournament, I will. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
I'm a pretty easygoing guy, so keep it polite in this thread and this will not be an issue.

No cheating. This includes (but is not limited to):
Don't try to fake scores.
Don't hide your skills to sandbag an easier division
Don't have a more skilled friend get scores for you.
Don't boo glitch or use double setup.
As per the official FFR stance, overlay is allowed, however the files have been specifically crafted to either not require overlay, or to make overlay a difficult option to utilize.
Issues with division placement, suspicions/evidence that someone is cheating, etc. should all be sent by Private Message and not posted publicly.
I reserve the right to move people's divisions, remove people from the tournament, reject scores, all that jazz... There shouldn't be any need for this but it's worth saying I guess.
I welcome constructive feedback, with emphasis on constructive. Just saying my file is "bad" gets me nowhere.

Signing Up
Accounts signing up must have at least 150 games played across at least 50 unique levels.
If you meet these requirements, post in this thread and you are in.

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 07:32 PM

Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Links
Tournament Engine main page
Velocity Tournament Engine page
Direct Velocity Tournament Engine .swf link
Direct Legacy Tournament Engine .swf link

If you need to get Flash Player to use the standalone, here's some more links:
Thanks to Dossar for these

Flash 8 Standalone
- Flash 8 Windows

Flash 9 Standalone
- Flash 9 Windows
- Flash 9 Mac

Flash 10 Standalone
- Flash 10 Windows
- Flash 10 Mac
- Flash 10 Linux

Flash 11 Standalone
- Flash 11 Windows
- Flash 11 Mac
- Flash 11 Linux

Donors and Prizepot
Final prizepot: 3,730,000
Credits used in side games: 730,000 = 3,000,000 main pot
Credits used for cumulative scoring: 1,000,000 = 2,000,000 remaining pot
Credits used for tournament point scoring: 999,000 = 1,001,000 remaining pot
Credits used for individual round scoring: 1,000,998 = 2 remaining pot
Credits given to qqwref because he's a cool guy: 2 = all done!

DossarLX ODI: 600,000
Sprite-: 570,000
The_Toymaker: 390,000
flipsta_lombax: 381,210
hi19hi19: 314,288
reuben_tate: 296,989
-GM-: 150,000
justin_ator: 150,000
yo man im awesome: 100,066
Evnoir: 100,000
CammyGoesRawr: 85,234
qqwref: 52,412
Samwais: 50,000
The_Toymaker: 50,000
Tidus810: 45,290
wildfireskunk: 43,838
EzExZeRo7497: 42,562
FontSize72LOL: 40,034
sticklydude: 40,000
kmay: 32,110
Emithith: 25,000
Kirby615: 25,000
FFRGreen: 24,600
nickcool9999: 24,000
Xx{Midnight}xX: 18,723
WSCB: 16,000
sanzath: 10,034
megamon88: 10,000
U.N. Owen: 9,966
magicturbo: 9,001
RadiantVibe: 6,161
icontrolyourworld: 4,705
Jake Ferguson: 4,229
Trogdor!!!!: 3,399
popsicle_3000: 3,000
bmah: 1,919
sticklydude: 196
VSToL: 34

SPECIAL PRIZE: FREEDOM DiVE TOKEN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3646790)
So here is my special announcement about prizes:
I've gotten the go-ahead from the admins (JX and Zageron specifically) to offer the following prize...

That's right, if you win your division you will get the FREEDOM DiVE token right here on FFR.
Here's the conditions:
You must win both Cumulative AND Tournament Point style scoring to get this reward.
If a winner already has the token, then it doesn't roll down to second place or anything.

I realize the caveat of having to win both types of scoring makes it so that not many people will win this token, maybe nobody at all. But that's okay, because I announced it in the middle of the competition.
If I hold another tournament I will be much more proactive about getting FREEDOM DiVE as a prize right from the beginning.

So, good luck competing for this extra special prize :)

Spreadsheet and Results
Individual Round Results
Spreadsheet
For Individual Round Scoring:
A first place score in your division gets you 10,000 credits for that round.
A second place score in your division gets you 3,500 credits for that round.
A third place score in your division gets you 500 credits for that round.

For a total of 1,000,998 credits for Tournament Point Scoring.

Tournament Points Results
Spreadsheet
For Tournament Point Scoring:
Each of the 11 first place finishers will win: 50,000 credits
Each of the 10 second place finishers will win: 25,000 credits
Each of the 10 third place finishers will win: 11,000 credits
Each of the 10 fourth place finishers will win: 5,000 credits
Each of the 9 fifth place finishers will win: 3,000 credits
Each of the 6 sixth place finishers will win: 2,000 credits

For a total of 999,000 credits for Tournament Point Scoring.

Cumulative Score Results
Spreadsheet
For Cumulative Scoring:
Each of the 11 first place finishers who submitted all rounds will win: 50,000 credits
Each of the 10 second place finishers who submitted all rounds will win: 25,000 credits
Each of the 10 third place finishers who submitted all rounds will win: 12,000 credits
Each of the 7 fourth place finishers who submitted all rounds will win: 6,000 credits
Each of the 5 fifth place finishers who submitted all rounds will win: 5,000 credits
Each of the 2 sixth place finishers who submitted all rounds will win: 3,500 credits

Each of the 2 players who submitted for only 6 rounds will receive: 1,500 credits
Each of the 3 players who submitted for only 5 rounds will receive: 1,000 credits

For a total of 1 million for Cumulative Scoring.

FREEDOM DiVE Winners
DossarLX ODI, Plan_Bsk81127, Tidus810, sanzath, Breakdown16, FrozenAngel91, noname219, RadiantVibe, dvaskate, Khenra

Current Round Info
-Finished!-

Past Round Info

SPONTANEOUS CONTEST

You Suffer
Artist: Napalm Death
Steps: hi19hi19
Difficulty: 0
Length: 0:01
Max Combo: 4
Framers: 0,0,0,0,0
About the file: It's four arrows lmao. Difficulty zero because you can not press anything and still pass.
About the song: You Suffer is in the Guiness Book of World Records as the shortest song. It's 0.7 seconds long.

You can find this file in genre 6 on the Dossar Tournament Engine.
First person who is signed up for the tournament to post an AAA of this file gets 5000 credits.
The next 10 people who are signed up for the tournament to post the AAA will get 500 credits.
This is from my personal credit stash and not coming from the tournament pot.
This is also a test to see if you read the OP- if your screenshot is not valid as per the instructions, I'm not giving a second chance at the credits.

First winner: reuben_tate
Next ten: Trogdor!!!!, JJTrixX, qqwref, xXOpkillerXx, megamon88, Arbliterator, yo man im awesome, MrPreggers, Samwais, FrozenAngel91

Credits sent: (not part of the tournament pot, from my own pocket)

Consolation prize:

SPONTANEOUS CONTEST

Moskau
Artist: Dschinghis Khan
Difficulty: 8
Length: 1:49
Max Combo: 694

About the file: Some layering, and simple rhythms with two 32nd bursts near the start and some hands near the end.
About the song: Dschinghis Khan was a West German pop band, created in 1979 to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest.
The band's song "Moskau" was a big hit in Australia in 1980, staying at number 1 for six weeks.
The song was used as the theme music for the Channel 7 coverage of the Olympic games held in Moscow the same year.

The contest ends the evening of Satuday the 11th at 10PM server time.
The reward for the Spon Con will be as follows: 8,000 credits for the highest score in your division.
These will be handed out at the start of Round 1, when the divisions are finalized. The massive load of credits for the videos will be handed out then as well.

Scores will be tracked in the second post.
I -will- be rejecting improper screenshots, ffs learn to crop an image you monkeys.
If you AAA this file, then you will be playing the following file as a tiebreaker:

Moskau [Dump]
Artist: Dschinghis Khan
Difficulty: 13
Length: 4:36
Max Combo: 3646
Framers: 0,4,1,382,370

About the file: Side-games and tiebreakers (of which this is both!) are an exception to the "no dump" rule. And yeah this is quite the dump, have fun.
I put a 1-framer quadjack in at the end because I hate you.
About the song: See above.

You can find this file in genre 6 on the Dossar Tournament Engine as well.
Scores will be tracked in the second post along with the scores for the non-dump file.
I will track any scores on this if they are posted, but they will only count officially if you post an AAA screenshot of the non-dump file.

Bonus:
MAKE A VIDEO OF YOU SINGING ALONG TO THE SONG WHILE PLAYING AND POST IT TO WIN AT LEAST 25k CREDITS!

EMBARASS YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET FOR FFR CASHMONEYS, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
(either file is allowed, though there's bonus credits to be won if you man up and play the long file, if you actually manage to score well on the file -for your skill level- while singing, and/or if your singing actually sounds good)

German lyrics:
Moskau
Fremd und geheimnisvoll
Türme aus rotem Gold
Kalt wie das Eis
Moskau
Doch wer dich wirklich kennt
Der weiß, ein Feuer brennt
In dir so heiß

Kosaken hey hey hey hebt die Gläser
hey hey
Natascha ha ha ha du bist schön
Towarisch hey hey hey auf das Leben
Auf Dein Wohl Bruder hey Bruder ho
hey hey hey hey

Moskau, Moskau
Wirf die Gläser an die Wand
Russland ist ein schönes Land
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Deine Seele ist so groß
Nachts da ist der Teufel los
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey

Moskau, Moskau
Liebe schmeckt wie Kaviar
Mädchen sind zum küssen da
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Komm wir tanzen auf dem Tisch
Bis der Tisch zusammenbricht
Ha ha ha ha ha

Moskau
Tor zur Vergangenheit
tSpiegel der Zarenzeit
Rot wie das Blut
Moskau
Wer deine Seele kennt
Der weiß, die Liebe brennt
Heiß wie die Glut

hey hey
ha ha
Towarisch hey hey hey auf die Liebe
hey hey
Auf Dein Wohl Mädchen hey Mädchen ho
hey hey hey hey

Moskau, Moskau
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Deine Seele ist so groß
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey

Moskau
Lala lala lala la, lala lala lala la
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau
Ha ha ha ha ha

Oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Moskau, Moskau

Moskau, Moskau
Wodka trinkt man pur und kalt
Das macht hundert Jahre alt
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Väterchen dein Glas ist leer
Doch im Keller ist noch mehr
Ha ha ha ha ha

hey hey
ha ha Towarisch hey hey hey auf die Liebe
hey hey
Auf Dein Wohl Bruder hey Bruder ho
hey hey hey hey

Moskau, Moskau
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Deine Seele ist so groß
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey

Moskau, Moskau
Liebe schmeckt wie Kaviar
Mädchen sind zum küssen da
Ho ho ho ho ho
Moskau, Moskau
Komm wir tanzen auf dem Tisch
Bis der Tisch zusammenbricht
Ha ha ha ha ha, HEY!

English lyrics:
Moscow
Foreign and mysterious
Towers of red and gold
As cold as ice
Moscow
Who really knows you
knows a fire burns
in you so hot

Cossacks hey hey hey raise your glasses
hey hey
Natasha ha ha ha you're beautiful
ha ha
Comrade toast to life!
to your health brother, hey brother, ho
hey hey hey hey

Moscow, Moscow
throw your glasses at the wall
Russia is a beautiful country
ho ho ho ho ho, hey!

Moscow, Moscow
Your soul is so great
At night all hell breaks loose
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey
Love tastes like caviar
The girls are waiting to be kissed
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey

Moscow, Moscow
Come, let's dance on the table
until it completely broken
ha ha ha ha ha

Moscow
Door to the past
Mirror of the Czarist Era
As red as blood
Moscow
Who knows your soul
Knows the love that burns
hot like embers

hey hey
ha ha
Comrade hey hey hey toast love
hey hey
To your health girl hey girl ho
hey hey hey hey

Moscow, Moscow
Your soul is so great
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey
Moskau
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
MoskauLala lala lala la, lala lala lala la
Ha ha ha ha ha

Oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Moscow, Moscow

Moscow, Moscow
We drink vodka pure and cold
it'll make you live to one hundred
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moscow, Moscow
Father your glass is empty
But there's more in the cellar
Ha ha ha ha ha

hey hey
ha ha comrade hey hey hey toast life
hey hey
To your health hey brother ho
hey hey hey hey

Moscow, Moscow
Throw your glasses at the wall
Russia is a beautiful country
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moscow, Moscow
Your soul is so great
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey

Moscow, Moscow
Love takes like caviar
The girls are waiting to be kissed
Ho ho ho ho ho
Moscow, Moscow
Come, let's dance on the table
Until it completely breaks
Ha ha ha ha ha, HEY!

Scores:
D5A
DossarLX ODI: AAA / 182250 [3644-2-0-0-0, 3646c]

D5B
xXOpkillerXx: AAA / 182075 [3625-9-0-0-0, 3646c]
EzExZeRo7497: AAA / 181650 [3623-21-0-2-1, 3104c]

D5C
icontrolyourworld: none / 180575 [3584-56-6-0-11, 3646c]
yo man im awesome: none / 179200 [3552-68-14-12-10, 702c]
justin_ator: AAA / 143650 [2559-744-167-176-395, 232c]

D5D
Findarian: AAA / 179755 [3557-81-1-7-11, 1972c]
hi19hi19: AAA / 179325 [3538-100-2-6-5, 1346c]

D4A
MrPreggers: AAA / 175005 [3386-237-6-17-16, 564c]
FontSize72LOL: AAA / 171135 [3285-301-15-45-53, 559c]
megamon88: AAA / 169250 [3248-297-59-42-90, 701c]
qqwref: AAA / 168430 [3214-340-16-76-18, 1076c]
sjoecool1991: AAA

D4B
Zakvvv666: AAA / 168805 [3190-396-27-33-80, 1175c]
reuben_tate: AAA / 166135 [3177-336-42-91-83, 340c]
CammyGoesRawr: AAA / 162585 [3069-409-110-58-212, 438c]
Breakdown16: AAA / 160880 [2997-482-95-72-155, 295c]
Xx{Midnight}xX: AAA / 146430 [2712-571-355-8-1028, 2819c]

D3A
FrozenAngel91: AAA / 158300 [2926-529-112-79-199, 415c]
Cyth The Raccoon: AAA / 157320 [2857-631-45-113-80, 477c]

D3B
noname219: AAA / 145995 [2537-847-125-137-257, 359c]

D2A
RadiantVibe: AAA / 154210 [2805-620-138-83-280, 406c]
wildfireskunk: 34620 [691-3-0-0-1, 694c]

D2B
popsicle_3000: 34640 [692-2-0-0-2, 694c]
zegsigma: 34610 [692-2-0-0-8, 694c]
TheThong: 34600 [690-4-0-0-0, 694c]

D1
Jake Ferguson: 34240 [678-16-0-0-12, 694c] / 137940 [2459-767-394-26-1179, 959c]
x_lambourghini_x: 30865 [578-93-4-19-38, 375c] / 110865 [1763-1171-234-478-590, 199c]

Videos:
megamon88: (25k)

justin_ator: (30k, respect for long version :P)

Zakvvv666: (30k and 1k each to chorus members zegsigma and reuben_tate)

TheThong: (25k)

EzExZeRo7497: (27k, I like your effort :P)

One Winged Angel: (30k, my face hurts from laughing)

Anaru: (27k, extras for falsetto)

CammyGoesRawr: (30k)

Credits sent:

Round 1
Theme: Nikolai Kapustin
About the theme:
Nikolai Girshevich Kapustin (Russian: Николай Гиршевич Капустин), born November 22, 1937, is a Ukrainian composer and pianist.
Kapustin studied piano at the Moscow Conservatory, and during the 1950s he acquired a reputation as a jazz pianist, arranger and composer.
His compositions blend the styles of both classical virtuoso pianism and improvisational jazz.
This guy is a genius and he is an inspiration to me as a pianist, so I figured I would do a round featuring his amazing music.
All of these files are to Kapustin performing his own compositions.

D1
Prelude Op.53 No.3
Artist: Nikolai Kapustin pf. Nikolai Kapustin
Difficulty: 6
Length: 1:30
Max Combo: 287

About the file: A nice slow file with some interesting rhythmic variations and a few small fast burst sections.

D2
Prelude Op.53 No.11
Length: 1:58
Max Combo: 592
Framers: 0,0,0,0,1

About the file: The file switches from 16th to 24th rhythms frequently, plus a handful of challenging grace notes.

D3
Prelude Op.53 No.19
Difficulty: 10
Length: 1:15
Max Combo: 692
Framers: 0,0,0,5,15

About the file: A nice peppy file with swing rhythms, and some medium length 16th streams.
I could have layered this a lot more (especially that... obvious omission at the end) but I am happy with how it turned out as a nice D3 file.

D4
Prelude Op.53 No.17
Length: 1:31
Max Combo: 913
Framers: 0,0,0,12,16

About the file: Mostly a VC swing file with some interesting straight rhythms thrown in, plus two very fast 24th bursts.
As for the difficulty rating, this was a hard call between very high VC and FMO, but those bursts pushed it over the edge for me.
EDIT- After a few people have responded I have lowered this to a VC.
This file is honestly easier than I anticipated this round, but I'm not concerned because D4 ramps up fast the next few rounds.

D5
Concert Etude Op.40 No.3 Toccatina
Difficulty: 12
Length: 2:13
Max Combo: 1586
Framers: 0,0,1,216,178

About the file: None of Kapustin's Jazz Preludes really seemed to fit a D5 file so I had to delve into his Concert Etudes, haha
This file is all jacks and jumpspams with difficult transitions. Stepped as close to the sheet music as I could get it.
D5 has by far the hardest file this round relative to the skill level of the division- I kind of overshot here but eh, it's D5.
Might as well start the meat grinder right away in round 1 :twisted:

ROUND 1 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Game: Geography

As you can see, the files have backgrounds.
Each background is an image of a location in the world- for this side game, it's your job to name where in the world each file's background image is from!
I have darkened the images significantly so that they don't get in the way of the arrows, but if you download the files using the link above you will find the original image in high resolution in each folder for your viewing pleasure.

Credits will be awarded based on how much information about the landmark you can give me: I'm looking for the country it is in, the general location within that country (for example, the county/region or a nearby town), and the name of the landmark. Many of these have multiple names and I will accept any that are commonly used.

Let's have an example:

For this image you would mention that it's in the USA, on the Arizona/Utah border, and is known as "The Wave"

Please PM your answers to me. Do not post any answers or hints in this thread.
You can submit answers for every division's background image, not just your division.
I'd prefer if you sent all your answers at once, as well.

Credit payouts will be determined after the round is over.
The more people who submit correct answers, the less everyone will get overall.

I am aware there are numerous ways to cheat this. I'd like to ask that you not use them.
I am hoping this doesn't get out of hand but if it does, nobody is getting any credits.

Answers:
D1:
The Great Blue Hole, an underwater sinkhole located off the coast of Belize. It is part of the Lighthouse Reef.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blue_Hole)
D2:
The Giant's Causeway located near Bushmills in Northern Ireland, UK. The columns are composed of ancient volcanic basalt.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant%27s_Causeway)
D3:
A natural gas deposit that is now known as The Door to Hell. It is located in the Karakum desert of Turkmenistan near a town called Derweze. The pit was purposely lit on fire in 1971 and has burned continuously since.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derweze)
D4:
The Cueva de los Cristales, or Cave of the Crystals. It is part of the Naica mine, situated in Mexico near the town of Naica. It was discovered pretty recently, and has some of the largest crystals ever found.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Crystals)
D5:
A stand of Dragon's Blood Trees (Dracaena cinnabari) from Socotra, in Yemen. Socotra is an isloated archipelago in the Indian ocean, and has plant life found no where else on earth.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socotra)

I decided on 2,000 credits per correct answer.
These were the results. A lot of people seemed to miss that you could submit for all 5 screenshots, even though I plainly said that in the side game description. Oh well.

.Gazelle. (2k)
X X 1 X X
devonin (8k)
X 1 1 1 1
PriestREA (2k)
X 1 X X X
noname219 (10k)
1 1 1 1 1
sjoecool1991 (10k)
1 1 1 1 1
icontrolyourworld (10k)
1 1 1 1 1
who_cares973 (10k)
1 1 1 1 1
Anaru (2k)
X X X X 1
Jake Ferguson (4k)
X X 1 1 X
pikakirby123 (2k)
1 X X X X
sticklydude (10k)
1 1 1 1 1
qqwref (10k)
1 1 1 1 1

Credits sent:

Round 2
Theme: Super Smash Bros.
About the theme:
Super Smash Bros. is a game I've grown up with. And undeniably, part of its many charms is the great music selection it offers.
In addition to many well-known tracks lifted right from other games, Super Smash Bros has produced a number of fantastic arrangements and original tunes.
I hope some of you get the same blast of nostalgia that I do when listening to these songs!
Overall this round definitely a step up from round 1 (except for D5 heh)
Remember that this tournament is designed to get you to push your limits!
Don't feel bad if you think your score messy, because other people are likely having the same problems.
You can find these files in genre 8 on the Dossar Tournament Engine.

D1
Fire Emblem
Artist: Super Smash Bros. Melee OST
Difficulty: 7
Max Combo: 626
Framers: 0,0,0,0,2

About the file: D1 takes a little jump up in difficulty this round.
Some very short 110 bpm jumpstream patterns, a few 24th bursts, and then a slow section of hands at the end.
Note that if you guys think I got the difficulty rating wrong, please just let me know and it can be changed.
I have trouble rating the difficulties of the lower division's files :(
About the song: The Melee arrangement of the Fire Emblem main theme and the recruitment theme.
This song played on the Great Temple stage.

D2
Ending Point (Master Hand Stage)
Artist: Super Smash Bros. OST / Hirokazu Ando
Difficulty: 9
Length: 1:25
Max Combo: 607
Framers: 0,0,0,6,15

About the file: Oooh this song is so funky!
Some medium speed short JS sections with 24ths and 32nds thrown in. Lots of very cool rhythms in this song.
This round might be another one that's AAA-able for D2, but don't worry, starting next round the heat turns up fast for you guys.
About the file: From the original Smash Bros. game for the N64.
This song (complete with creepy-as-hell laugh at the start) played when facing Master Hand on Final Destination.

D3
Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda)
Artist: Super Smash Bros. Brawl OST / Yuzo Koshiro
Length: 2:14
Max Combo: 987
Framers: 0,0,0,13,251

About the file: Do you like polrhythms? I heard you like polyrhythms so I put some rhythms in your...
You get the idea. This file has a bunch of slow 12th jumpjacks alongside small 16th runs, followed by a longer 12 jack section.
I'm very curious to see how the scores on this one play out, to be completely honest!

D4
Angel Island Zone
Artist: Super Smash Bros. Brawl OST / Jun Senoue
Steps: bmah
Difficulty: 11
Length: 2:24
Max Combo: 1372
Framers: 0,0,0,40,193

About the file: The first guest file in this tournament!
bmah showed me this file late last year and I really liked it. He had a version with holds being sent to a Stepmania pack, but the pack was never released.
I realized it would fit perfectly into this round's theme- I asked, and bmah agreed to convert the file for FFR for use in my tournament.
If you download the file you can find the Stepmania version as bmah originally intended it as the Oni chart, with the FFR chart being Heavy.
The chart has two brutal trill sections, with a few jacks and (as per bmah's usual) grace notes, polyrhythms and difficult jump transitions in between.
Though only 140 bpm, hopefully this chart will be the first of many that D4 struggles with in this tournament... muahahahaha :twisted:

D5
Airship Theme
Artist: Super Smash Bros. Brawl OST / Motoi Sakuraba
Steps: hi19hi19 & wc
Max Combo: 1786
Framers: 0,0,0,25,124

About the file: The first collab in the tournament! (And possibly the only one, depending on how things work out)
Long ago, I played Arch0wl and Darkmage's old dumpy offsync chart for this song, and I thought to myself that it really deserved a legit chart.
The first half of the file is a nice dense 180 bpm JS affair, with some hands thrown in for flavor.
I had a lot of fun syncing the middle section, where the song jumps up to 140 bpm and begins a furious rock organ solo.
I stepped this section with predominantly rolls. I have hand-edited the frame gaps in this part to make sure they flow well and are jumptrillable.
Turns out I was in over my head with the polyrhythm stuff at the end, so I called in an expert to help- Carlos himself.
wc stepped the last section by layering the drums and the melody and the background synth and just about everything else... it's super technical but a lot of fun.
Hopefully this file is a little more to everyone's tastes than the Round 1 file. Not only is it easier than round 1, it's a hell of a lot more flow-y.
My apologies again for starting the tournament with such an awkward file.

ROUND 2 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK

Note: the graphics are not finished yet. They will be there when I release the whole pack at the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No side game this round.
I am aiming for a side game every other round, but only if I have time to do so.

Round 3
Theme: Maidens of Metal
About the theme:
Metal. The word evokes images of shirtless guys with long hair wailing on their guitars, intense drum fills with gritty vocals and... beautiful women with operatic voices?
It's more likely than you think: this round focuses on metal with female lead vocals!
(before you say it, yes I realize the pun I could have made with Iron Maiden and "Maidens of Metal," no you are not clever for thinking of it)
I would up mostly focusing on Northern European Symphonic/Melodic/Power Metal bands, but there's plenty more out there I couldn't make files for.
If you find you like this sound, here's a few dozen more bands to check out in addition to the five featured this round:
Krypteria, Xandria, Nemesea, Satyrian, Lyriel, Arkona, Katra, Indica, Sirenia, Amaranthe, Evanescence, Tristania, Ancient Bards, Crimfall, Imperia, Magica, After Forever...

D1
Sensorium
Artist: Epica
Length: 2:01
Max Combo: 823
Framers: 0,0,0,5,2

About the file: Okay, hopefully you guys are done AAAing things as of now. Jeez.
This song is the same length as last round but boasts roughly 200 more arrows, making it a lot more dense.
The handful of minijacks and a climax ending should prove a good challenge for D1 players this round.

D2
Avalon
Artist: Lunatica
Length: 2:26
Max Combo: 1163
Framers: 0,0,0,0,1

About the file: Oh my, look at all that jumpstream.
This file is a nice long consistency test- some long runs of 145 bpm jumpstream. While not too dense, it is very relentless.
Playing this file should serve as an excellent introduction to the coming mid-VC and up level files.

D3
Starlight Reverie
Artist: Edenbridge
Length: 3:00
Max Combo: 1995
Framers: 0,0,0,10,5

About the file: Time for some introductions: D3, handstream. Handstream, D3.
At only 140 bpm, the jumpstream in this song is very slow by D3 standards, but it makes up for that in relentlessness, density, and a smattering of hands tossed in.
The jumpstream is continuous for almost the entire file, and at 3:00 long you might start feeling a stamina drain... enjoy!

D4
Arctica
Artist: Amberian Dawn
Length: 3:17
Max Combo: 2412
Framers: 0,0,6,26,465

About the file: Oh boy. Nice FGO you got there D4, hm?
Summary: multiple 200 bpm JS sections, a crazy colorfucced solo section with some 300+ bpm bursts, and hyperlayered 8th jump/hand sections.
You guys thought Angel Island Zone was hard? Oh this will be good :twisted:

D5
Crownless
Artist: Nightwish
Length: 2:49
Max Combo: 1953
Framers: 0,0,5,232,24

About the file: The last of D5's jack files arrives.
There's a good deal of bootraps in this file, and some incredibly aggressively layered 16th jumpspams, but it's not too bad by D5 standards.
From here on out it's borderline 13 stuff, so enjoy your last mid FGO.

ROUND 3 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK

Side Game: Starlight Reverie MA Challenge

I had an elaborate side game planned for this round, but it wound up not working as I anticipated :(

So instead, I have this simple challenge for you:
Download the files for Stepmania, and play Starlight Reverie. Get as many marvelouses as you can.
This file seemed ideal for one that D1 could read and pass, yet D5A would really struggle to quad.

Post your answers as a screenshot in this thread.
A generic SM screenshot will do- things such as judge 4, life 4, 1.0 rate etc. are all on your honor.

Scores will be tracked by division, and obviously the best MA wins.

Scores:
(Anaru is staying because I frankly don't care about that many credits and I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on SM scores...
idk not gonna worry about it he's already DQ'd from the part that counts)

D5A
Anaru: 1542

D5B
EzExZeRo7497: 1523

D5C
Plan_Bsk81127: 1518
icontrolyourworld: 1498

D5D
U.N. Owen: 1476
Tidus810: 1457
hi19hi19: 1390 (I clearly suck at MA lolol)

D4A
megamon88: 1411
qqwref: 1373
who_cares973: 1353

D4B
sticklydude: 1311 (this was before he was moved)

D3A
FrozenAngel91: 1306

D2A
RadiantVibe: 1155
wildfireskunk: 681

D1
Jake Ferguson: 552

The payout has been determined: 10k for first in your division, 2k for second.
Credits for everybody!

Round 4
Theme: Epic Music
About the theme:
We hear movie trailer music all the time. But who makes that music?
The answer is pretty simple- there are composers who specialize in making epic, film-score style music, and this round focuses on some of their best creations.
Epic symphonic music is a genre that is close to my heart, and I had a ton of fun stepping these songs.

If you guys are interested in hearing more music of this genre, here's a nice short list of artists for you to check out:
Skanda Music, Audiomachine, Groove Addicts, Future World Music, Brand X Music, Fired Earth Music, Auracle Music, E.S. Posthumus, Two Steps From Hell, Liquid Cinema, Immediate Music, Globus, Bruton Music, Position Music, Cue Storm Music, Mark Petrie, Music Candy, Sonic Librarian Music, Epic Score, 8Dawn Music, X-Ray Dog, Pfeifer Broz. Music, West One Music, 615 Music, Celestial Aeon Project, Non-Stop Music, Media Music Factory, KPM Music...

I'd like to note that every single division has a sharp difficulty spike this round.
As we head into the last half of this tournament, I hope to firmly leave everyone's comfort zone and have some real challenges in each division.

D1
Freefall
Artist: Two Steps From Hell
Length: 1:59
Max Combo: 1206

About the file: D1, you are now just Two Steps From Hell ;)
At first glance, this file is not very impressive, considering it is nearly all just 8th patterns at 160 bpm.
However, consider that this file is only one second longer than your round 2 file, but has double the arrows.
The number of hands in this file makes it incredibly dense- its NPS higher than the D2 AND D3 files.
Additionally, this serves as your introduction to slow anchor jacks: the patterns that make files such as AIM Anthem and Club so difficult.
You guys had some surprisingly good scores on the last few rounds, but I'm hoping this file finally knocks you out of that comfort zone.

D2
Lacrimosa Dominae
Artist: Immediate Music
Length: 2:26
Max Combo: 1120
Framers: 0,0,0,18,399

About the file: Hey D2, here's your jack file. Enjoy.
I purposely stepped this file rather awkwardly. It is almost purely slow anchor jacks, much like the D1 file.
Anchor patterns are an important part of being able to do well on higher level files, so I figured I might as well teach you to learn to hate 'em early!
The Stepmania file for this has a second, FGO-level Oni chart that features awkward polyrhythms, should you feel like trying it.
That file was originally going to be the D4 file this round, but I decided it was just not fun enough.

D3
Speed This
Artist: Immediate Music
Length: 2:12
Max Combo: 1283
Framers: 0,0,0,108,52

About the file: Minijacks and layering.
There's not much to say about this file- it starts slow and builds up to a minijack and hand-heavy stream climax.
I tried my hardest to prevent the patterns from being awkward, but I realize this style of file by its very nature won't be everyone's cup of tea. Such is how it goes.
The 24ths in this file are admittedly total ghost notes, but the flowed well with the sound effects in my opinion.

D4
Phalanx
Artist: Audiomachine
Max Combo: 1695
Framers: 0,0,0,27,84

About the file: I don't think I've hit D4 hard enough this tournament, so here's another FGO.
As many epic scores do, this song starts slow, with a section that I stepped using interesting 121 and 434 triplet patterns.
The middle section breaks into a fast 240 bpm stream, followed by some 320 bpm bursts and short jumptrillable rolls.
Then comes a minute or so of stamina-raping handstream, followed by another roll-filled climax.
Enjoy.

D5
Tandava
Artist: Skanda Music
Length: 1:54
Max Combo: 1636
Framers: 0,0,0,440,187

About the file: Heh. Tandava.
A lot of hype has been made about the handful of 260+ bpm JS bursts in this file, and it's true that they are absolutely not to be trifled with.
But a lot of difficulty also comes from the relentless minijack layering throughout the entire file.
I am curious to see what people think of the 12th jump layering patterns I used in this file. It's rather experimental for my style and I am interested in the feedback.
Even though this is the shortest D5 file in the tournament, one thing is for sure: this is not an AAA that will come easily!

ROUND 4 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK

Note: some of the graphics are not finished yet. They will be there when I release the whole pack at the end.

No side game this round.

Round 5
Theme: Potpourri
About the theme:
Potpourri - noun \ˌpō-pu̇-ˈrē\ - a miscellaneous collection.
(Sorry if you were hoping this round to be songs about dried herbs)
For more information on this round's theme, check out the side game.

As usual you can find these files in genre 8 on the Dossar Tournament Engine.

D1
Silence
Artist: Delirium ft. Sarah McLachlan
Length: 2:00
Max Combo: 797
Framers: 0,0,0,0,33

About the file: So Freefall wound up being a *bit* harder than intended, but that's okay.
This round returns down to a solid 9, and focuses heavily on slow minijacks.
At only 98 BPM this song is much slower than Freefall, but the pattern choice should still give you a good challenge.
In addition to a very long minijack section, there are some tricky fast (12)(23)(34) transitions to practice.
This also serves as a nice introduction to special color gimmicks. Enjoy, D1 :)

D2
Crunk De Gaulle (Second Movement)
Artist: edIT
Steps: wc
Length: 1:42
Max Combo: 733
Framers: 0,0,0,31,29

About the file: D2 is graced with a file from master Carlos.
This file is a very high 10, borderline 11. It features a decent length 260 bpm stream burst, and some tricky jack patterns and interesting rhythms.
This file is an FFR-ized preview of a file wc submitted to the FFR Spring Community Pack, so if you want to check out a version with holds and SM-styled patterns be sure to grab that pack when it comes out!
Anyone interested in this song should know its full name is Crunk De Gaulle (feat. TTC, Busdriver and D-Styles)

D3
Harvest Dance
Artist: DJ Kentaro
Steps: Anaru & hi19hi19
Length: 3:17
Max Combo: 2051
Framers: 0,0,1,74,92

About the file: Well now this is a surprise!
Anaru may have been disqualified from the tournament, but it's clear that one thing about him is not BS at all: his simfile making skills.
This file is a definite step up from Speed This, clocking in as a long high FMO.
There's a few long trills, some jacks, a stream burst (at 266 bpm) and some other smaller, faster bursts to deal with.
This file really tests a little of everything over its 3:17 running time.

D4
Final Battle
Artist: Oak's Parcel
Length: 2:09
Max Combo: 1486
Framers: 0,0,0,68,89

About the file: Oak's Parcel is a rather obscure Nintendocore artist.
I came across his music on YouTube and started listening largely because I found the name "Oak's Parcel" to be completely awesome.
Then I heard this song and realized it was incredibly steppable.
So D4, enjoy your 260 bpm jumpstream bursts and other myriad fast patterns! Thankfully they flow extremely well, or else this round could have gotten out of hand easily.
Members of D4B note that this file is possibly the hardest one you will have to play in the tournament- next round is actually considerably easier. You'll see how it all works out :)

D5
Playing Super Mario World While Taking Mushrooms
Artist: Shnabubula
Steps: SKG_Scintill
Length: 3:09
Max Combo: 2627
Framers: 0,0,15,77,62

About the file: Scintill showed me this file many months ago in vidchat.
Apparently it had been rejected from some packs, probably for being overlayered and stupidly difficult.
But I loved the file- this is the kind of layerdump that I enjoy playing all the time!
I realized it would fit perfectly in this totally random round of my tournament. So I asked Scintill if I could use it and here it is.
Despite being only 180 BPM, this file is still extraordinarily challenging. At 14.25 arrows per second this file is actually denser than Death Piano!
Oh, and that surprise I've been going on about? A split jumpjack difficulty spike section, in the style of the two "Kirby" levels in FFR. bmah would be proud.

People have accused me of choosing files specifically to troll people- that hasn't really been the case... until now.
Enjoy, D5! :twisted:

ROUND 5 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK
Note: some of the graphics are missing or incomplete. They will be there when I release the whole pack at the end.

Side Game: Name the Theme

So this round doesn't have a theme, right?
WRONG! The theme just hasn't been realized yet... and it's up to you to come up with it!

The terms of this side game are pretty simple: PM me what you think the theme of this round ought to be.
Everyone gets one submission, though you are free to change your submission at any time.
Once the round ends, I will post everyone's suggestions in the thread, along with who won.

Entries will simply be judged on how much I like them:
You could try very creative, very silly, or possibly even very astute, the kind of thing that makes me say "oh wow that IS a theme for these 5 songs that I never noticed!"

I will be giving out no less than 100k credits for this side game, so you stand to win a lot!

If there's a tie of some sort, my go-to tiebreakers will be qqwref and members the Team Blaze Skype chat (though said people are still free to enter)
This is a totally informal competition and I am hoping people will be able to enjoy some of the goofy ideas people come up with.

Regardless, I'll give this disclaimer anyway:
Anyone getting butthurt about this side game will be publicly ridiculed and/or penalized.

Keep it fun, folks.

Well, the results are in and it's safe to call this a failure. You guys are not as creative as I thought >_>
Not every idea is a winner, but that's okay, because anyone who submitted an idea IS a winner~

noname219: Randomination
EzExZeRo7497: Charts You Probably Suck At
Jake Ferguson: Complex Beats
MrPreggers: Potpourri
sticklydude: Box of Chocolates
pikakirby123: Song names with words ending in "E"
icontrolyourworld: high19 dunno lol
Breakdown16: Max combos are all relatively prime, and so are the song lengths

Breakdown16: 28k for actually being pretty clever (though tbh I didn't check to make sure lol)
MrPreggers: 15k this made me laugh
pikakirby123: 15k probably the closest to an actual theme I would use
noname219: 10k
EzExZeRo7497: 10k
Jake Ferguson: 10k
sticklydude: 10k
icontrolyourworld: 10k

Round 6
Theme: Chiptunes
About the theme:
Chiptunes have been a staple source of stepping material for years, and they have made for some well-known FMOs and FGOs on FFR.
Their tendency for interesting rhythms and use of arpeggios to liven up the sound lend themselves to making good stepfiles.
This round celebrates the goodness that is chiptunes.

I tried something new for D4 and D5, so if you are in those divisions... make sure you are playing the correct file!

D1
Incident Zero
Artist: Virt
Length: 2:38
Max Combo: 1348
Framers: 0,0,0,2,7

About the file: You can't go wrong with Virt.
This song is from Virt's FX4 album, which was released last week.
The file has an interesting trill/burst section at the start, some long 24th streams at 112.5 BPM, and a sick chip lead solo.
The end result is a fun low VC that should be suitably challenging for D1...
Stop SDGing my files! :evil:

D2
Artificial Intelligence Bomb
Artist: naruto
Length: 2:06
Max Combo: 1150
Framers: 0,0,0,60,33

About the file: This song is probably the most funky chiptune I've ever heard.
With tons of fast 32nd and 24th rhythms and some aggressive layering in places, you guys in D2 should have a good time playing this file.
I've initially rated this file as a high VC, it's quite borderline FMO so as always if enough people wish to see it changed, I will move it up.

D3
CQ Boss
Artist: RushJet1
Length: 2:07
Max Combo: 1228
Framers: 0,0,0,2,127

About the file: In case you felt that last round wasn't borderline FGO enough, I made this file.
While most of the file is pretty standard difficulty for D3, there are sections of brutally fast jumpstream to watch for out for.
I plan on submitting a different version of this file (significantly easier) to FFR when the next batch opens.

By the way, next round D3 will be getting the same A/B flight split treatment that D4 and D5 got.
So if you are in D3B and are struggling to read this file, don't worry about the finals being unreadable.

D4B
Oprah Shmup [Heavy]
Artist: The J. Arthur Keenes Band
Length: 3:30
Max Combo: 2226
Framers: 0,0,0,48,265

About the file: This song is, in my opinion, goddamn hilarious.
If you were ever wondering what would possess someone to compose this masterpiece, here's the original description of the song:
Quote:

Another 48 hour challenge over on Cancelmoose from a while ago. The challenge was "to create the first level theme for a Space shooter staring the great Oprah Winfrey. There must be various bit crushed sound clips of Oprah Winfrey interrupting the hot shump action of your fast-paced simulated gameboy shread guitar. The song must contain 4 solo sections including a one minute drum solo. All must happen for no reason some time in the composition."
This song gained notoriety for being included in the extremely difficult Tachyon Gamma pad pack, but to my knowledge no keyboard file for it existed until now.
This file is basically two massive 240 BPM streams, with easier stuff in the middle to tire you out.
Enjoy.

D4A
Oprah Shmup [Oni]
Artist: The J. Arthur Keenes Band
Length: 3:30
Max Combo: 2749
Framers: 0,0,0,61,420

About the file: I figured some of you in D4A would not be fazed by 240 BPM streams...
So I added in jumps!
The stream sections of the [Heavy] file are now jumpstream, and the easy middle drum solo section is now a hyper-layered jumptrilling extravaganza.
This file breaks 13.42 NPS, making it denser than both D5 files.
Oprah Winfrey is standing by to push your finger-dancing skills to the limit!

D5D, D5C
Phi-dentity Crisis [Heavy]
Artist: Blitz Lunar
Length: 3:32
Max Combo: 2684
Framers: 0,0,22,261,145

About the file: This song... is completely insane.
Ever since hearing this song long ago, I knew it would make for an amazing stepfile. But back before DDReam, I don't think I could have synced this song.
Even with DDReam this took me weeks to get synced properly, and I had to get a little help from Carlos (<3) for a few sections.
This file is sort of impossible to describe with words... play it and see the craziness for yourself!
I plan on submitting a much easier version of this to FFR, once the next batch opens up.

D5B, D5A
Phi-dentity Crisis [Oni]
Artist: Blitz Lunar
Length: 3:32
Max Combo: 2734
Framers: 0,1,31,306,188

About the file:
The 32nd streams from the [Heavy] file are now 276 bpm jumpstreams, and the sections that were rolls are now just regularly patterned 350 bpm stream.
I also didn't shy away from layering in extra hands, and using jacks.
And yes, that is a 1-framer you see there. The only one in the tournament.
Forever alone.

ROUND 6 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK
Note: some of the graphics are not finished yet. They will be there when I release the whole pack at the end.

No side game this round.

Round 7
-Finals-
Theme: Stepmania Classics
About the theme:
Welcome to the Stepmania Masterpiece Theater!
In today's feature presentation we will be listening to some of the old standbys of the Stepmania Scores thread.
(fun fact: did you know the SM scores thread used to be called the "The one screenshot thread?")
I've taken 5 songs that will be familiar to any Stepmania veteran, and given my own take on the file.
As the final round, I've also gone for a bit of a "stamina file" theme.
I hope everyone enjoys this final round!

D1
Pollinosis
Artist: Dj Remo-con
Max Combo: 1150
Framers: 0,0,0,17,64

About the file: Okay, here's your very borderline FMO finals.
This file throws a bit of everything at you. The main focus of this file, however are the 32nd bursts.
At 145 bpm the bursts are absolutely not to be trifled with, and should be a good challenge for D1.
If you get past the bursts unscathed, don't forget about the jack and minijack sections and the jumpstreams!
I hope you've brought all your skills to the finals, because this file is a tough one.

D2
Return of Salieri
Artist: Warmen
Length: 4:48
Max Combo: 2794
Framers: 0,0,0,14,67

About the file: The band Warmen has always made very steppable music.
The original file to this song, by DukAmok, was actually quite similar to the file I've made.
I have brought it up to date with pitch relevant patterns and a few hands (as opposed to the index patterns Duk used).
These long 143 bpm 24th streams should are a little easy for D2A and probably a little hard for D2B, but D2 was a tough balance for me to get right.
Regardless, I hope everyone enjoys this file, I know I sure do :)

D3B
Emerald Sword [Heavy]
Artist: Rhapsody
Length: 4:18
Max Combo: 2879

About the file: Emerald Sword was THE 180 bpm stream file everyone played back in the day.
The original by skor was and still remains a benchmark by which people judge their stream speed, on keyboard and pad.
My take on this song adds some jumps into the streams. If you aren't yet used to stamina files, this will surely get your fingers going!

D3A
Emerald Sword [Oni]
Artist: Rhapsody
Length: 4:18
Max Combo: 3123

About the file: Handstream!
This is either a very high FMO or a very low FGO due to length.
I rated high but if you guys are not having trouble with this I can move it down.

D4B
One More Lovely [Heavy]
Artist: Risk Junk
Length: 1:50
Max Combo: 1689
Framers: 0,0,0,0,289

About the file: One More Lovely, a classic song for Pad and Keyboard players alike.
One More Lovely has been stepped by many, such as original simfiling titans Eggman and Toph.
This file is a pretty traditional jumpstream take on OML, similar in style to Toph's Oni chart.
The file is quite dense and absolutely relentless, clocking in at 16 NPS on the dot.
Hopefully, despite the very short length, this file will test your stamina to the max.

I'll be honest, this isn't the song or file I wanted to give to D4.
I have stepped literally half a dozen D4 finals files, and none of them were quite what I wanted.
This was the best out of all of them. Sorry I couldn't come up with something more epic, but I hope you still find this chart fun.

D4A
One More Lovely [Oni]
Artist: Risk Junk
Length: 1:50
Max Combo: 1836
Framers: 0,0,0,4,387

About the file: Let's talk a little bit about NPS.
NPS is used to measure the number of arrows per second you will be hitting over the course of the file.
For example, being the hardest public file on FFR, RATO has an NPS of 17.02

This file has an NPS of 17.39
Granted the patterns in this are much easier (just look at the framers count) but still. It's dense.
If this needs to be moved to a 13 that would be reasonable to do lol

D5D, D5C
Fury of the Storm [Heavy]
Artist: Dragonforce
Length: 6:46
Max Combo: 6166
Framers: 0,0,220,188,1133

About the file: So I had this really crazy idea, how would it feel if I perfectly synced a Dragonforce solo?
Well it turns out that Dragonforce is actually pretty drifty and not exactly 200 BPM like most people seem to think.
So over 1,400 BPM changes later, I have a well synced Dragonforce song. Then I got to work with the color arrows on the solo.
Overall this file took me about 8 hours to make, and I really enjoyed creating it.
The file has a bit of everything: plenty of minijacks, lots of jumpstream, lots of trills, rolls, polyrhythms...
Truly an epic and exhausting file fit for the finals. It's also a bit dumpy, but that comes with the terrirory XD

D5B, D5A
Fury of the Storm [Oni]
Artist: Dragonforce
Difficulty: 14
Length: 6:46
Max Combo: 6323
Framers: 0,0,518,253,1031

About the file:

ROUND 7 FILES DOWNLOAD LINK

Side Game: Quasar

When it comes to Stepmania Classics, few songs can beat Quasar for nostalgia factor.
This song has been stepped dozens of times, but I've managed to add something new to it ;)
This is a file that lower division players will be able to read, but D5A won't be able to AAA.

The premise of this side game is simple: get the highest raw score on Quasar.
The highest scores in each division get credits.

Quasar
Artist: Outphase
Difficulty: 14
Length: 2:01
Max Combo: 1179

Scores:
D5A
DossarLX ODI: 57005

D5B
EzExZeRo7497: 55740

D5C
icontrolyourworld: 55155

D4A
qqwref: 55340
sanzath: 54895
megamon88: 54830

D4B
Breakdown16: 54060

D1
Khenra: 50165
Jake Ferguson: 42125

I went with the following payout: 20k for first in your division, 5k for second.

Participants and Placements
D5A
AlexDest
Anaru
DossarLX ODI
TC_Halogen (not playing for prizes)

D5B
alloyus
EzExZeRo7497
One Winged Angel
TK_unreal
xXOpkillerXx

D5C
Plan_Bsk81127
bballa48
Ninty64
00Razor00
Tarrik
Coolboyrulez0
krunkykai22
Herogashix
xXAll-ProXx
yo man im awesome
rushyrulz
justin_ator
icontrolyourworld
_Zenith_ (optionally ghosting D4A)

D5D
hi19hi19 (not playing for prizes)
kmay
U.N. Owen
flipsta_lombax
Kirby615
Elite Ninja
Tidus810
Findarian

D4A
who_cares973
qqwref
WSCB
Poison-
sjoecool1991
SD_Tsugamush
rayword45
FontSize72LOL
Sweet_Feet
prefx
megamon88
Trogdor!!!!
The_Toymaker
sanzath
sticklydude
MrPreggers (optionally ghosting D5D)

D4B
CammyGoesRawr
Xx{Midnight}xX
Arbliterator
Zakvvv666
j-rodd123
reuben_tate
Breakdown16

D3A
FrozenAngel91 (ghosting D4B)
Cyth The Raccoon (ghosting D4B)
DissonantMuse
.Gazelle.
PriestREA
Hateandhatred
tofurox

D3B
magicturbo
FFRGreen
rsr2
xVaLoRx
noname219
Crazyjayde
Zekramcross

D2A
nois-or-e
wildfireskunk
RadiantVibe (ghosting D3A)
Samwais
Colour Stream
Winrar
JJTrixX

D2B
popsicle_3000
typing like wat
dvaskate
TheThong
Checked_Out
zegsigma
JSH
UserNameGoesHere

D1
devonin
Jake Ferguson
slipknot_6969 (not playing for prizes)
pikakirby123
x_lambourghini_x
rparty89
musical_vampire
Frans813
Puzzler64
Khenra

1. hi19hi19 (not playing for prizes)
2. nois-or-e
3. Xx{Midnight}xX
4. AlexDest
5. yo man im awesome
6. The_Toymaker
7. justin_ator
8. _Zenith_
9. wildfireskunk
10. DossarLX ODI
11. Zekramcross
12. reuben_tate
13. Ninty64
14. Poison-
15. megamon88
16. CammyGoesRawr
17. Arbliterator
18. who_cares973
19. MrPreggers
20. devonin
21. xXOpkillerXx
22. kmay
23. sjoecool1991
24. Coolboyrulez0
25. sanzath
26. Tarrik
27. prefx
28. Tidus810
29. Zakvvv666
30. FrozenAngel91
31. RadiantVibe
32. rushyrulz
33. EzExZeRo7497
34. Kirby615
35. popsicle_3000
36. Samwais
37. Jake Ferguson
38. Trogdor!!!!
39. sticklydude
40. slipknot_6969 (not playing for prizes)
41. pikakirby123
42. Anaru
43. Plan_Bsk81127
44. JJTrixX
45. SD_Tsugamush
46. bballa48
47. typing like wat
48. x_lambourghini_x
49. qqwref
50. Hateandhatred
51. WSCB
52. magicturbo
53. rayword45
54. U.N. Owen
55. FontSize72LOL
56. tofurox
57. FFRGreen
58. Cyth The Raccoon
59. 00Razor00
60. TK_unreal
61. Sweet_Feet
62. Winrar
63. rparty89
64. DissonantMuse
65. flipsta_lombax
66. musical_vampire
67. One Winged Angel
68. rsr2
69. j-rodd123
70. Breakdown16
71. zegsigma
72. Findarian
73. Frans813
74. .Gazelle.
75. krunkykai22
76. dvaskate
77. TheThong
78. xVaLoRx
79. Herogashix
80. Puzzler64
81. xXAll-ProXx
82. Colour Stream
83. noname219
84. Checked_Out
85. Elite Ninja
86. JSH
87. icontrolyourworld
88. PriestREA
89. Khenra
90. Crazyjayde
91. UserNameGoesHere
92. alloyus
93. TC_Halogen (not playing for prizes)

Contact Info
I prefer to be contacted about tournament stuff via FFR PM or AIM.
AIM: TheBeegFeesh

Siggy Image

Code:

[url=http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379][img]http://i.imgur.com/FDWRV.png[/img][/url]

nois-or-e 01-29-2012 07:32 PM

approved

also, IN!

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-29-2012 07:34 PM

Sure throw me in this.

AlexDest 01-29-2012 07:34 PM

in

yo man im awesome 01-29-2012 07:36 PM

In for D5C Because I want to, and lol incoming Donation of 66 Credits to even out the incoming 34 from Icy.

edit: sent

The_Toymaker 01-29-2012 07:36 PM

in.

justin_ator 01-29-2012 07:37 PM

inininininininininininin

_Zenith_ 01-29-2012 07:38 PM

In

wildfireskunk 01-29-2012 07:42 PM

Worth a punt! I'm in

DossarLX ODI 01-29-2012 07:42 PM

Totally in for this

Edit: Mid-February I'm going to be gone to Costa Rica for like 10 days for a school field trip.

Zekramcross 01-29-2012 07:45 PM

I'm in for this. ;)

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3626940)
Totally in for this

Edit: Mid-February I'm going to be gone to Costa Rica for like 10 days for a school field trip.

This is np, between you, qqwref and rebound someone always seems to be on to upload the files. I am not worried.

reuben_tate 01-29-2012 07:52 PM

In. Looking at the division details, I would guess D3A due to my VC AAA's, although the whole "can reliably FC nearly all FMOs" part doesn't match my playing ability, although I would think that my PA on FMO's would put me in D3A.

Ninty64 01-29-2012 07:54 PM

new songs? Sounds like fun, totally in :)

Poison- 01-29-2012 07:55 PM

In D4B

justin_ator 01-29-2012 07:57 PM

3 Things:
1. I'm either D4A, or D5C, no Gurus AAA's but have a handful of FMO's and one or two FGO SDG's. I'll leave that choice up to you :]

2. Sending credits, I'll edit this with the SS shortly

3. I'm so freakin hyped for this, you have no idea.

megamon88 01-29-2012 08:01 PM

Sounds like D4C for me. This is gonna be fun :D

VSToL 01-29-2012 08:04 PM

Incoming 34 credits to re-offset ymia

e: sent

CammyGoesRawr 01-29-2012 08:04 PM

In! Been waiting forever for this! :D (i'll try to stay in the whole time for this tournament.

either D3A or D4C..whichever you feel is more appropriate :3

Poison- 01-29-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3626965)
Sounds like D4B for me. This is gonna be fun :D

Fixed

Arbliterator 01-29-2012 08:12 PM

Might as well get back into playing FFR, count me in.

megamon88 01-29-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3626970)
Fixed

Quote:

very capably PAs FGOs
wat

who_cares973 01-29-2012 08:28 PM

In h0h0

Poison- 01-29-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3626979)
wat

But...
Quote:

AAA FMOs

Emithith 01-29-2012 08:34 PM

boop
(not participating..)

mrpreggers 01-29-2012 08:36 PM

yay in

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3626999)

boop

YAY!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3626999)
(not participating..)

Aww...

Well, in any case thank you very much for the donation <3

devonin 01-29-2012 08:39 PM

I'm in provided that I'm in the lowest division, which you should really be calling D5 and not D1

yo man im awesome 01-29-2012 08:40 PM

>Devonin in for tourney

>Shit's serious

devonin 01-29-2012 08:42 PM

Why do people keep saying that? I'm BAD AT THIS GAME and everybody seems to make a big deal out of me joining a tourney where there's a 90% chance I'm gone by the end of round 2.

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3627006)
I'm in provided that I'm in the lowest division, which you should really be calling D5 and not D1

FFR tournaments have always been backwards in this regard, the Official Tournament was this way. I didn't make that choice way back when, I'm just following tradition!
p.s. it's no-elimination

devonin 01-29-2012 08:43 PM

Traditions change! Get with the times! Tournies start and then end. My league is going to continue FOREVER and has D1 at the top. I'll win everybody over simply by being around for so long that it becomes the tradition.

Emithith 01-29-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3627004)
YAY!

Aww...

Well, in any case thank you very much for the donation <3

I can hand out credits, but for the moment my time is staying right in it's pocket. Sorry.

xXOpkillerXx 01-29-2012 08:43 PM

In, D5C.

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3627011)
Traditions change! Get with the times! Tournies start and then end. My league is going to continue FOREVER and has D1 at the top. I'll win everybody over simply by being around for so long that it becomes the tradition.

Next time I run a tournament I should just name all the divisions after vegetables, problem solved.

/stepmania hipster

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3627014)
In, D5C.

You wish you were D5C... we'll see where the cutoff falls but odds are you are D5B :P

kmay 01-29-2012 08:48 PM

well i guess i should be in. see where i should be placed. considering i can hardly AAA FMOs but PA FGOs better than most people at my AAAing level

xXOpkillerXx 01-29-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3627016)
You wish you were D5C... we'll see where the cutoff falls but odds are you are D5B :P

"D5C: AAA nearly all FMOs, PA FGOs extremely well, low FGO AAAs.
Lowest file will be low FGO, most files in the high FGO range, ends with a 13."

No problem with that, but I think some ppl are just Not D5C according to this description and that's why when I say I deserve in that division it looks like I wanna sandbag.
Who, in the ones who said D5C, actually has the requirements above, seriously ?.....

EDIT: Justin and YMIA said D5C (I know justin said maybe...) but they both belong in D4A. The fact that they want to compete in D5C should not influence the placements of higher levels.

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3627023)

No problem with that, but I think some ppl are just Not D5C according to this description and that's why when I say I deserve in that division it looks like I wanna sandbag.
Who, in the ones who said D5C, actually has the requirements above, seriously ?.....

Too early to start worrying about this please, I'll get back to you in 2 weeks or so :P

yo man im awesome 01-29-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3627023)

I don't, I just want to be D5C :p

sjoecool1991 01-29-2012 08:52 PM

I definitely want in, but I do not know what I should do in regards to which account to sign up with.

Should I just use my "v2" account, since that is the one I play FFR on?

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 (Post 3627027)
I definitely want in, but I do not know what I should do in regards to which account to sign up with.

Should I just use my "v2" account, since that is the one I play FFR on?

Whichever one is your identity in the forums. Carlos signed up with his forum account instead of his playing account, that seems to be the case for you too.
In any case it's not a huge deal, I'll put you down as sjoecool1991 np :)

Coolboyrulez0 01-29-2012 08:57 PM

I'm somewhere between D3A / D4C from those descriptions. Up for this.
[skill dropped badly again]

**** it put me in D4B

sanzath 01-29-2012 09:14 PM

I'm in for this, guessing I'm either D4C or D3A.

TarrikTornadoMod 01-29-2012 10:11 PM

In.

Edit - PS. The main account is Tarrik .. Perma'd from the forums, asked Velo to be unbanned, no reply.

prefx 01-29-2012 10:23 PM

In dunno what division lol

Tidus810 01-29-2012 10:43 PM

in pleaaase :D

Evnoir 01-29-2012 10:46 PM

Donated, but can't compete 'cause sChOoL.

Zakvvv666 01-29-2012 10:54 PM

In wherever Ben and Middie go.

justin_ator 01-29-2012 11:01 PM

Don't argue mah placement peeps I just wanna participate :D

hi19hi19 01-29-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evnoir (Post 3627079)
Donated, but can't compete 'cause sChOoL.

Holy crap that donation, I opened the credit transaction page and was like wtf is this number. Thanks so much <3

FrozenAngel91 01-29-2012 11:36 PM

In

justin_ator 01-29-2012 11:37 PM

Credits sent

RadiantVibe 01-29-2012 11:48 PM

In
Probably D2A

reuben_tate 01-29-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3627081)

If that ends up being the case then:

fix'ed:
Quote:

Penguin Killer Worshiper

rushyrulz 01-29-2012 11:59 PM

in b4 d6

EzExZeRo7497 01-30-2012 12:22 AM

In. Probably D5B or D5C.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19
D4B: AAA FMOs, very capably PAs FGOs.

According to this I'm D4B :twisted:

Kirby615 01-30-2012 01:10 AM

Sure, why not. I'm in.

Edit: Also, donated!

reuben_tate 01-30-2012 01:12 AM

Any idea when (temp) placements will be up?

popsicle_3000 01-30-2012 01:57 AM

im in! and sent 3000 credits

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-30-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Zak, I'd like to keep my butthole in tact from you raping me.

Stay out of any division I am in.

Hateandhatred 01-30-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3627016)
Next time I run a tournament I should just name all the divisions after vegetables, problem solved.

/stepmania hipster

Actually, I strongly suggest you do that, that'd be the bossiest thing in existence.

Zakvvv666 01-30-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3627204)
Zak, I'd like to keep my butthole in tact from you raping me.

Stay out of any division I am in.

Too bad, bend over <3

Samwais 01-30-2012 02:32 AM

In for D2A.

Jake Ferguson 01-30-2012 03:03 AM

In and D1

Trogdor!!!! 01-30-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 3627152)
In. Probably D5B or D5C.

According to this I'm D4B :twisted:

Get out.

Also in.

icontrolyourworld 01-30-2012 06:46 AM

Trogdor!!!! 01-30-2012 06:50 AM

icontrolyourworld 01-30-2012 06:56 AM

Trogdor!!!! 01-30-2012 07:09 AM

icontrolyourworld 01-30-2012 07:26 AM

Trogdor!!!! 01-30-2012 07:30 AM

Okay yeah I'm out, GG.

sticklydude 01-30-2012 07:30 AM

wuts goin on here ?__?

Oh, I'm in I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 3627308)

Sent 196 to make it an even 4000. :B

EzExZeRo7497 01-30-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 3627308)

****ing dying

slipknot_6969 01-30-2012 07:58 AM

Im in..

pikakirby123 01-30-2012 08:11 AM

In. I'm pretty sure I'm D1. :P

hi19hi19 01-30-2012 12:24 PM

My 5000th post was supposed to be the tournament OP, but I got impatient.

So instead, we're going to have a little...
SPONTANEOUS CONTEST
-finished-

You Suffer
Artist: Napalm Death
Difficulty: ??
Length: ??
Max Combo: ??
Framers: ??
About the file: ??
About the song: ??

First person who is signed up for the tournament to post an AAA of this file get 5000 credits.
The next 10 people who are signed up for the tournament to post the AAA will get 500 credits.
This is from my personal credit stash and not coming from the tournament pot.
This is also a test to see if you read the OP- if your screenshot is not valid as per the instructions, I'm not giving a second chance at the credits.

Have fun with this "brutal" chart :)

DossarLX ODI 01-30-2012 12:25 PM

Haha, nice 5000th post

hi19hi19 01-30-2012 12:56 PM

C'mon guys, this is so worth 5000 credits haha

reuben_tate 01-30-2012 01:06 PM

Holy shit! My first level 0 AAA! And sightread too! I'm so proud. :')

Seriously though, I first grinned when I saw the difficulty, chuckled when I saw the max combo, and full on burst into laughter right after the chart was finished. lmfao