Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Development Fundraiser (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=154434)

xXOpkillerXx 07-3-2023 09:54 AM

Development Fundraiser

Thanks to everyone for participating and making this fundraiser successful!

Hello FFR! Welcome to the Development Fundraiser!
(This is 100% unofficial and ran by me as a community member)

THE CONTEXT

Last weekend I decided I wanted to host a fundraiser for someone who has been seriously irreplaceable for FFR and who has put a tremendous amount of efforts into it for what feels like forever now. This person is Velocity. As you may or may not know, the game has seen slow but constant progress, with many new little features and bugfixes here and there in the past couple of releases. That being said, there's always a significant difference between small new features and attempting to fix/revamp significant portions of the game; the code is relatively messy due to being very old, and it's a serious puzzle to tackle some of its most tangled parts.

Obviously, it would be a bit dull to just make a random fundraiser with no specific reward for the community (even though Velo more than deserves one regardless lol). So, we agreed on one ;)

THE GOAL

One incredibly underwhelming part of FFR at the moment is Multiplayer. It has many bugs that make the overall experience very sub-par and unenjoyable for the most part. Velocity has already started some work on a serious redo of the multiplayer side of FFR, but there's a good amount of work left. So basically this fundraiser would serve both as an incentive for Velo to complete that and as a thank you gift for all those years of involvement as the main dev.

THE MONEY

If you wish to contribute, you may PM me here on FFR or send me a DM on Discord so I can give you the payment details. I will be gathering the contributions and make one final transfer to Velo; if you wish to remain anonymous or make the contribution a surprise for the final reveal, I can also manage that. The public contributions will be listed on here as soon as I get them, with the anonymous ones simply not having the username listed. The surprise ones (if any) will be listed here at the end of the event. Finally, I will be pitching in an initial amount to start this off; feel free to contribute any amount you're comfortable with, this is not a contest.

Note that I already hosted a major fundraiser on FFR before (for the Death Piano AAA bounty, which was won by Jakads), and I do Not do any funny business with your money.

==============================================

Deadline: I plan to keep this up for roughly a month. If for whatever reason you wanted to contribute but would need a bit more than that, just let me know and we'll figure it out.

CONTRIBUTIONS
(All amounts are in USD)

xXOpkillerXx: 375$
SK8R43: 140$
gold stinger: 113$ (sent directly)
basicdrummerman: 100$
Lights: 100$
Black_Shield: 80$
rushyrulz: 69$ (nice)
sploder12: 37$
Kawaii025: 25$
EppuJoloZ: 22$
MarioNintendo: 15$
shonen7: 10$
TheTrueXfish: 5$

TOTAL: 1091$

MarioNintendo 07-3-2023 12:26 PM

Re: Development Fundraiser

Contribution incoming! You can't stop me!

TheTrueXfish 07-3-2023 05:37 PM

I have contributed to something for once in my life WAHOO!!!

rushyrulz 07-3-2023 06:08 PM

Anything for MP

Lights 07-3-2023 06:31 PM

You'll be seeing a contribution from me in the coming weeks. I've been saying for the longest time owl man deserves a paycheck and I'd be more than happy to contribute towards one

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2023 12:25 PM

Very nice contributions already, thanks a lot guys! Dont hesitate to chip in even a 5$, it really does add up 🙂 Lets show some appreciation for the owlman~

basicdrummerman 07-4-2023 11:57 PM

I contacted ya, let me know,

SK8R43 07-5-2023 02:31 AM

Even though Velo and I dont talk, I still appreciate all the hard work he puts into this site! (Along with any and all other staff)
I have some bills coming up but also working some serious overtime since summer is the busy season at work. Ill be chipping in a decent chunk before this ends.
Thanks again, Velocity!

gold stinger 07-8-2023 02:04 PM

I've got something in-mind but I'll be sending it directly so, I won't be part of the pool but it will reach its destination.

xXOpkillerXx 07-8-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4789789)
I've got something in-mind but I'll be sending it directly so, I won't be part of the pool but it will reach its destination.

Sure. I mean I could still add you to the list if you want and velo confirms he gets it. I'm just here to simplify things for him by providing a single transfer and also to make this more event-like because that's fun~

Velocity 07-8-2023 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4789790)
Sure. I mean I could still add you to the list if you want and velo confirms he gets it. I'm just here to simplify things for him by providing a single transfer and also to make this more event-like because that's fun~

He already sent it. He has the address and I can't stop him.

xXOpkillerXx 07-8-2023 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 4789800)
He already sent it. He has the address and I can't stop him.

No worries he told me in DMs :)

xXOpkillerXx 07-12-2023 09:39 AM

Keep it going guys~ Share with your family and friends and pets, show em how much we thank Velocity for all his hard work ^^ Think how cool it'd be to also contribute to the serious effort that is the Multiplayer rework!

Fireo 07-15-2023 12:05 AM

Get paid here soon, expect some muns bird person!

xXOpkillerXx 08-1-2023 07:08 AM

The contributions have been amazing! Quick note that I will be ending this fundraiser this week unless anyone needs a bit more time. 😊

xXOpkillerXx 08-3-2023 09:14 PM

I am now officially closing this fundraiser! You generosity is awesome~ Once again thanks Velocity for having been a major pillar of FFR for so many years. Enjoy the gift ^^

Lets now be hype for that MP rework! Should be an exciting update whenever it's ready :)

Thanks everyone!

Black_Shield 08-3-2023 09:43 PM

enjoy the bones

Velocity 08-3-2023 10:10 PM

Thanks everyone, I hope the result of this will be something everyone can enjoy.