Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Halo 4 : A Fun Dissapointment (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127724)

21992 11-28-2012 12:14 AM

Halo 4 : A Fun Dissapointment

I wanna say I like Halo 4 it's just has MANY flaws in MP:
1. Not that many power weapons.
2. Not predictable power weapons.
3.The Boltshot... OP much?
4. Bad weapons balance with the DMR and BR and all other weapons.
5. Maps aren't action packed. Too big imo. Except Haven (We all love Haven...)
6. No forge maps in MP.
7. Playlist are quite boring.
8. Some playlists that shouldn't be rotational are.
9. Specialty gametypes need more variety. (Team Snipes needs ordinance of beam rifle etc.)
10. Medals are too small.
11. Announcer sounds awkward sometimes.
12. Multi's sound awkward.
13. Sprees are much harder to get.
14. Sprees sound awkward.
15. Too many unnecessary medals.
16. Took out specialty weapon medals.
17. Ranking up system (Actually this turned out pretty decent)
18. Needs better tactical packages.
19. Carbine is seriously under-powered.
20. File Share system is not up.
21. (Wacky) Custom Games are scarce.
22. Game is starting to become repetetive (like COD) [ with better gametypes/maps I think they could easily fix this]
23. Needs more gametypes.
24. Needs more maps.
25. 343 Needs to not be Bungie and listen to their players.
26. Supressor is quite useless.
27. Plasma Pistol needs more homing abilities when charged.
28. Why isn't the map "Relay" in the MP map circuit.
29. Why is there a grifball court with no grifball MP playlist.
30. No Ranking System.

Ok I think you guys get the point. There's a lot of flaws with this games matchmaking. It's really fun but come on 343 you could fix these and become soooooo much better.

31. Took Medals out of Campaign/Spartan Ops.
32. Took Score out of Campaign/ Spartan Ops.
33. Took out customizable Firefight. (Sniper Practice)
34. No MLG Playlist.
35. No Multi-Team Playlist.
36. MUCH Harder to get the extermination medal.
37. Maps aren't symmetrical.

Ok I'm gonna stop....... but don't get me wrong there is a couple of other cool stuff, that I do like. But meh I'm too Lazy.

What do you guys think about this game compared to other Halo's?

PS: I know there's been other threads about this... so go away haytas ;)

lumphoboextreme 11-28-2012 12:22 AM

Re: Halo 4 : A Fun Dissapointment

I preferred Halo 2 and 3 to the rest. I'm really only into competitive games so Reach and Halo 4 I didn't even bother buying honestly but have played at friends houses lol.

James May 11-28-2012 05:24 AM

Told ya 343 was going to butcher Halo 4 badly :3 but still, between the two evils (this and bo2), this dominates bo2 badly lmfao. though in the halo series, will forever play Halo 1 on PC :3

d4u7211 11-28-2012 02:31 PM

You forgot

No headshot medal (Sniper)
No local save for theater films

But honestly, despite all its flaws (which I think was just a derp, and that they'll eventually get it in there (eventually...)) I still think its fun. Definitely not as good as Halo 3, for its time at least, because if they would have had the playstyle of Halo 3 with some of the newer improvements of the recent releases, Halo 3 would be gold for current times.

Ohaider 11-28-2012 03:17 PM

overpowered weapons are just a tool to keep more people interested in the game (noob friendly) even though it sucks to video game elitists seems like haha, but they are inevitable
I'm satisfied with the amount of content tbh
Match making isn't great, but be glad that it's improvable

Fun pickup FPS game overall though

Poison- 11-28-2012 03:51 PM

4. Bad weapons balance with the DMR and BR and all other weapons. - Weapons are perfectly balanced, I have no idea what you're talking about.
6. No forge maps in MP. - Give them time, they'll be added.
7. Playlist are quite boring. - Playlists get updated weekly...
24. Needs more maps. - Map pack was just announced.
25. 343 Needs to not be Bungie and listen to their players. - I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this. 343 developed the game with competitive players giving them feedback.
30. No Ranking System. - Ranking system is being implemented in January.

Kibblre 11-28-2012 04:22 PM

Eh, I'm really beginning to hate the long strings of sequels in games. Unless the games are heavily story driven, I don't see it being worth the full game purchase for a slightly different multiplayer experience. I stopped playing at Halo 3 because I realized that it was not really that much different than Halo 2's multiplayer except I couldn't actually play it anymore.

21992 11-28-2012 09:45 PM

Well guys I'm not criticizing Halo 4 it's just 343 derped a whole lot. They could easily fix all these problems.

Poison- 11-28-2012 09:47 PM

Halo 4 is way better than Reach. If anyone argues that they have no idea what they're talking about.

21992 11-28-2012 11:42 PM

Haha I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about then Poison ;) . I think if they make all the necessary adjustments to make it a little more social friendly and a little competitive at the same time and with some general tweaks the game would be better than Reach ;)

The5thMoon 11-29-2012 05:34 AM

I do agree that they need to add somethings but overall this game's multiplayer is amazing IMO. One of my favorites if not my favorite out of all the halo games, and I've been playing since release CE.

BTW I'm talking about the mechanics of the gameplay not the maps, maps are meh.

kommisar 11-29-2012 03:07 PM

38. Originality

Arntonach 11-29-2012 03:30 PM

This thread is "Halo 4 isn't Halo 3" in a nutshell. Get over it.

FFR4EVA_00 11-29-2012 06:17 PM

why the fuck do you guys care about the mp so fucking much
it's pretty fuckin obvious that halo 4 could have the best mp action ever and everyone would ignore it for black ops 2 anyway
it seems like the main motive behind the creation of the game was continuing the story and yet nobody here's even mentioning that
they should just make the halo games into a fuckin movie, it does more or less the same thing as the campaign mode without having all these 12 year old fucktards ranting about it
oh wait, they made a movie with those same 12 year olds
and it sucked
yeah nvm they should just try this some time:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3810394)
38. Originality

FFR4EVA_00 11-29-2012 06:22 PM

not even gonna look at the gaming section again so don't waste any words on my stupid little rant

NeoMasterPie 11-29-2012 07:16 PM

ilu lurker

darklordsarumon9 11-29-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3810002)
Halo 4 is way better than Reach. If anyone argues that they have no idea what they're talking about.

Yep.

I disagree with every single thing you said on that list OP, except that theres no ranking system.

Besides that Halo 4 MP is fantastic.

Rebirth0 11-29-2012 08:32 PM

Hopefully they fixed or will fix MP. It's been a couple weeks since I played the game, but what I played was a Halo themed Call of Duty game

As far as I'm concerned, the Halo franchise ended with Reach. 343 can have the anniversary remakes (if they continue with 2 in 2014 and maybe 3 in 2017), but the real Halo franchise ended with Reach. There's a reason Bungie sold it.

bender5 12-7-2012 02:56 AM

I finally got this game a couple days ago and I've got this to add to the thread.

In my honest opinion this is a really fun video game, with a really sweet multi-player. However, it doesn't FEEL like Halo. It appears to be a Halo game with the Halo storyline. It just lacks that Halo "feel".

If it did, I'd be head over heels in love with the game, but I'm not complaining, I was starting to get tired of the same game I've been playing for the last 8 years.

Nostalgia aside, it's pretty entertaining and I'm not disappointed.

Could things be better? Of course. Is it terrible? Not at all.

But it would indeed be nice to have seen this actually be a Halo game, not just some retard incest baby of everything on the market....

Wayward Vagabond 12-7-2012 11:06 AM

My copy comes in the mail on the 12th. I'll be playing for the story not so much Mp though I'll probably be hoping on to play with friends.