Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

who_cares973 10-27-2011 09:31 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

what are we arguing about again i want to get in on this

Choofers 10-27-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3557905)
what are we arguing about again i want to get in on this

why kommisar should be a judge

who_cares973 10-27-2011 11:56 AM

dudes legit and has years experience

i love you 10-27-2011 01:16 PM

From looking at this thread, there is only one thing I want to say.

We are all bad judges. You want to know why? Well think about it, during/after every batch, there is always people complaining about judges ratings. If we are too strict, you are hated but you followed the rules given to you. If you too lenient, you are loved but you go against the rules. There is no in-between because if they were then neither side would be complaining so therefore, nobody is a good judge. We all suck pretty bad!

PS: I find it funny that this whole conversation started when LJRox mentioned that Kommisar should judge. You guys are...lol

XxMidigamixX 10-27-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3557975)
I find it funny that this whole conversation started when LJRox mentioned that Kommisar should judge. You guys are...lol

we're all silly Rebound :3. Then again, there's always FFRama in these batches xD

Choofers 10-27-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3557941)
dudes legit and has years experience

he posted a picture of a penis while he was hammered, obviously he is not responsible at all

white text that says I'm trolling for those that are retarded

Ziergdsx18 10-27-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3557975)
From looking at this thread, there is only one thing I want to say.

We are all bad judges. You want to know why? Well think about it, during/after every batch, there is always people complaining about judges ratings. If we are too strict, you are hated but you followed the rules given to you. If you too lenient, you are loved but you go against the rules. There is no in-between because if they were then neither side would be complaining so therefore, nobody is a good judge. We all suck pretty bad!

PS: I find it funny that this whole conversation started when LJRox mentioned that Kommisar should judge. You guys are...lol

trig(o:

who_cares973 10-27-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3557979)
he posted a picture of a penis while he was hammered, obviously he is not responsible at all

white text that says I'm trolling for those that are retarded

everyone has posted a picture of a penis on the internet when drunk whether it be their own or someone elses. lets not kid ourselves guys

SKG_Scintill 10-27-2011 02:11 PM

Now to make things worse, what if I were a judge?

Choofers 10-27-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 3558002)
Now to make things worse, what if I were a judge?

didn't you step circus galop

SKG_Scintill 10-27-2011 05:07 PM

Yep

Coolboyrulez0 10-27-2011 05:10 PM

people are so sensitive over the batch rofl

I should play the benny hill theme every time I browse this thread post-batch notes, because it's just a big circus in here.

Xayphon 10-27-2011 05:14 PM

Let's just close this like back in da days~

justin_ator 10-27-2011 05:27 PM

I wanna judge

XxMidigamixX 10-27-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3558069)
I wanna judge

I second this. JUSTIN AND MIDI FOR BATCH JUDGE 2012!!!

TC_Halogen 10-27-2011 06:57 PM

I'll take all of the blame for the drama last night. I've been meaning to vent out my thoughts about certain things and I brought a few people into the crossfire that I really didn't want to.

With that said - I apologize for being incredibly blunt last night; I just feel like there needs to be some sort of unified system or something to make ratings as consistent and fair as possible. Just having defined scoring values doesn't seem to be enough. Users are occasionally having problems with specific judge ratings, and legitimate reasons should be brought up to the stepartist so that these issues can be addressed legitimately. I also feel like judges should be thorough in their notes, or, at least be able to be contacted about certain notes. This way, the user can inform a judge as to why they did something (like how ichliebekase did with me on We Will Fly, even though her file was accepted), or a judge can address why they did something and potentially clarify some misunderstandings.

Opinions aside, this batch was a very good one - a lot of files were correct in many places on an objective level, which explains why file ratings (overall) are a bit higher. A lot of people are improving, which is great for FFR - different stepartists means different styles, which adds diversity.

Again, I apologize to those who I might have offended/upset.

00Razor00 10-27-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3558065)

I should play the benny hill theme every time I browse this thread post-batch notes, because it's just a big circus in here.

I laughed pretty hard at this post.

hi19hi19 10-27-2011 11:45 PM

Damn bmah keeps sending me awesome songs, I have such a backlog of cool stuff to step (this is a good thing!)
Can't wait for the next batch to open~

TC_Halogen 10-28-2011 01:21 AM

bmah had a few gems for me too. I'm only stepping one though - ORIENTAL SEA!!. Really chilled out song and I hope to give it justice.

Also have to finish the collab with him on Lorem Ipsum (which I'm going to work on now), and I have a song by Dance Club Massacre. Yay for death metal. :p

psychoangel691 10-28-2011 01:26 AM

Anyone wanna hop on the collab train with me? I haven't had the motivation to do a full chart lately and think that maybe it'll be more fun if I step with someone. Altho I have no idea what song to do anymore (this is one of the hardest battles for me, I hate trying to sift through the permissions)