Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Official Tournament Special Batch (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149100)

James May 04-21-2018 03:12 PM

Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4617389)
Alrighty, will let you know what happens

Alrighty, it went through! Can't believe it was over by .4 MB lmfao xD

ositzxz369 04-21-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4617387)
Hm, it tell me the name of the simfolder isn't right even though I used <song name> (<step artist>).

How come the name of your stepfile is blank?

Xiz 04-22-2018 12:02 AM

If this batch ends up being delayed, I'll submit a bunch of charts. If not, then /shrug

TheLegendofPie 04-22-2018 09:55 PM

Do I need to have submitted any charts prior to this batch? I want to get into stepping (not holding my breath on getting accepted) and having a hard deadline would help me stick to it.

James May 04-24-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendofPie (Post 4617514)
Do I need to have submitted any charts prior to this batch? I want to get into stepping (not holding my breath on getting accepted) and having a hard deadline would help me stick to it.

No, everyone is free to submit something. And don't worry if it gets accepted or not, just use this batch as a learning experience when you submit to other batches c:

hi19hi19 05-10-2018 02:09 PM

Just blocking out the sections of a file, and it's looking like I accidentally a high D7 chart. That big spike at the end probably needs to be toned down, because it's NOT jumptrillable lmao

Really hoping this batch is still open at the end of this month so I can finish this after finals and graduation is over, otherwise if the deadline is looming I'll just hand this file off someone with more time than me lol

YoshL 05-10-2018 11:18 PM

I would submit charts if it's still open after i'm back home from a trip (like the 21st) and i have time to work on it after that

SputnikOwns 05-11-2018 08:30 AM

When will the tourny be held, approximately?

rushyrulz 05-11-2018 02:41 PM

I believe late June was the absolute earliest, but unexpected delays are unexpected and cause delays.

psychoangel691 05-11-2018 10:26 PM

Started poking through things tonight. We got super crazy busy for the last part of last month and early this month, but should be on track now.

Did a preliminary run through of files, anything that does not fit our general tournament standards will be kicked back into the regular batch. Getting everything together for the tournament is extremely time consuming and it doesn't make much sense for us to judge and work on files that definitely would not be used for it.

So far most of what's been submitted is FMO+ and there's 34 files right now. We really really need easier and mid level files as well please don't neglect those. Also have noticed a lot of the same kind of stuff over and over again. All very good charts, just want to make sure we have some variety so think outside the box with your song choices!

We'll be starting to work on the actual judging process soon so keep an eye out!

psychoangel691 05-11-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4619602)
When will the tourny be held, approximately?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4619668)
I believe late June was the absolute earliest, but unexpected delays are unexpected and cause delays.

Rushy's answer is pretty accurate here haha. We like to try to run it in the summer time (Late June or Early July start) but sometimes unforseen issues pop up. The hardest part is filling all the slots for songs. We've flown by the seat of our pants before and had empty slots to fill while the tournament is running, but would much rather not be in that position. I think overall we should probably be on track for the usual start as of now though. We'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

bmah 05-11-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4619738)
Also have noticed a lot of the same kind of stuff over and over again. All very good charts, just want to make sure we have some variety so think outside the box with your song choices!

What sort of things are being submitted over and over? Just curious, so I can avoid stepping certain kinds of songs and focus on other ones.

hi19hi19 05-12-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4619770)
What sort of things are being submitted over and over? Just curious, so I can avoid stepping certain kinds of songs and focus on other ones.

My guess would be FMO/low FGO jumpstreams

psychoangel691 05-12-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4619770)

Lots of breakcore and bursty stuff lol

rushyrulz 05-12-2018 10:38 AM

I would simultaneously hate and love another OT where the vast majority of the upper division stuff is hi19 breakcore.

hi19hi19 05-12-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4619837)
I would simultaneously hate and love another OT where the vast majority of the upper division stuff is hi19 breakcore.

2 bad I'm stepping Camellia pumpcore songs instead

Already stepped GHOST and working on King of Lions in between writing essays lol

EDIT- Oh shit Speedrun is a song too, damn so many options and so much real life work to do hmm

Psychotik 05-12-2018 04:05 PM

Oh dang we got Camellia permission? Been meaning to step What is Hitech? for pad but a kb chart would be legit too.

rushyrulz 05-12-2018 08:16 PM

will sex for bangin burst

TC_Halogen 05-12-2018 10:10 PM

wait what, since when do we have Camellia perms?

Deidara837 05-13-2018 12:43 AM

If pumpcore is the aim then ∀NØMALY is a mandatory include

Also now that I'm home for a few weeks I can work on my file(s)
Yuyoyuppe and cosMo poggers