Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   FFR Meetup: Orlando, Florida (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122907)

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 06:35 PM

FFR Meetup: Orlando, Florida

So recently, me and a few regular FFR players found out that we live within a few miles of each other. And since FFR conventions aren't generally held down here in gator country, we thought we would start by hosting a meetup here in Orlando. dAnceguy117, me and sticklydude have all agreed to meet up in the area by or around the 17th or so, and we were hoping that a larger meetup could be planned and arranged.

So far, we're still working out details - any potential people who can meet here are encouraged to provide any details and provisions that would be favorable to their respective schedules. So far, we've worked out these details:

Saturday, March 17 (subject to change on the needs of other potential guests)
12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
The location has not been determined yet, but it would likely be near the Orlando UCF campus as the three of all all live within a few miles of the area. Transportation can be provided, and food can likely be as well. A few suggested areas include the Sci Fi Center, Avalon Park and of course some of our respective residencies.

ADDENDUM: some of the downtown attractions (Disney, Universal Studios, etc) could be an excellent place to meet, but due to cost it's not an immediate suggestion, but if it's not a problem then we could do that.

------

Committed attendees:

-Bynary Fission
-dAnceguy117
-sticklydude
-flashpantss
-DN_Catastrophic

Possible attendees:
-Coolboyrulez0
-Jeumaitre
-Tidus810
-V-Ormix

Coolboyrulez0 03-4-2012 06:40 PM

Re: FFR Meetup: Orlando, Florida

oh boy orlando is where my mom works

i'll see about attending

alloyus 03-4-2012 06:40 PM

You guys have fun down there :3

samurai7694 03-4-2012 06:42 PM

unfortunately I'll be in Orlando THIS weekend, heh D:

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3651355)
oh boy orlando is where my mom works

i'll see about attending

Great! If you can, be sure to provide us with any important details. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alloyus (Post 3651356)
You guys have fun down there :3

Thanks. :D

albaneenesk8r 03-4-2012 06:43 PM

no one wants to do new england meets up.. super sad face

AlexDest 03-4-2012 06:45 PM

why no north carolina meetup :(

have fun guys !!

flashpantss 03-4-2012 06:49 PM

I WILL be attending. I will be in Orlando for Spring break (since I live their, when not at UWF [school]). Can't wait, keep me up to date on the location.

I will be coming from Universal Studios (landmark to give you a general location).

sticklydude 03-4-2012 06:50 PM

I'm getting my car on Friday the 16th, so I'm more than likely be able to make it on the 17th!

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3651362)
I'm getting my car on Friday the 16th, so I'm more than likely be able to make it on the 17th!

Awesome! Perfect day, huh? If you have any details and suggestions feel free to post them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashpantss (Post 3651361)
I WILL be attending. I will be in Orlando for Spring break (since I live their, when not at UWF [school]). Can't wait, keep me up to date on the location.

I will be coming from Universal Studios (landmark to give you a general location).

Cool, this is already starting to turn out into a big event haha. So far the event is centered around UCF, I would not mind switching it a bit downtown but some of those places can be pretty pricy, so I kind of kept that to the side, though if everybody was game for it then of course we can do that.

So the set date of the 17th is cool for you?

flashpantss 03-4-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 3651367)
Cool, this is already starting to turn out into a big event haha. So far the event is centered around UCF, I would not mind switching it a bit downtown but some of those places can be pretty pricy, so I kind of kept that to the side, though if everybody was game for it then of course we can do that.

So the set date of the 17th is cool for you?

UCF works and so does the 17th! Just let me know if you guys select a specific location. Let me know!

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashpantss (Post 3651373)
UCF works and so does the 17th! Just let me know if you guys select a specific location. Let me know!

Sweet! We're actually still trying to decide a location, so please throw out suggestions! The only thing I'm personally looking for is that the area is conducive to competitive FFR and Stepmania playing. I don't use a laptop (I'll bring my amazing keyboard though), so that's something I'll need to take into consideration.

By the way, if you want to discuss this in detail hit me up on AIM sometime.

dAnceguy117 03-4-2012 08:39 PM

I can always bring my laptop wherever and people can ghetto rig some SM/FFR with their own keyboards. Keysmashing is keysmashing, right?

flashpantss, how you likin' UWF? I barely know anything about Florida schools other than UCF and I guess UF and FSU. Have fun at Universal :D

sticklydude 03-4-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3651472)
I can always bring my laptop wherever and people can ghetto rig some SM/FFR with their own keyboards. Keysmashing is keysmashing, right?

I'll bring my laptop aaaaaaaaaaaand keyboard (8

dAnceguy117 03-4-2012 09:02 PM

^ word. Laptops and keyboards EVERYWHERE

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 09:03 PM

By the time it begins we'll look like Koreans in an internet cafe. 8) I'll definitely bring my keyboard, just the only issue is what to do about a computer. Maybe I can plug it into a laptop, if it accepts the keyboard slots (mine is not a USB keyboard). Of course, if we meet at somebody's house then that issue will take care of itself.

sticklydude 03-4-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 3651509)
By the time it begins we'll look like Koreans in an internet cafe. 8) I'll definitely bring my keyboard, just the only issue is what to do about a computer. Maybe I can plug it into a laptop, if it accepts the keyboard slots (mine is not a USB keyboard). Of course, if we meet at somebody's house then that issue will take care of itself.

oh man, my laptop doesn't have any PS/2 ports :C

Elite Ninja 03-4-2012 09:07 PM

Make sure you guys take a lot of vids of the meet-up and make us all jealous

Bynary Fission 03-4-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3651514)
oh man, my laptop doesn't have any PS/2 ports :C

Maybe we can find a computer to use. Worst comes to worst I'll just drag the whole damn computer there - for an event like this it's worth the effort. We'll worry about it more as we coalesce around a decision as to where we'll meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3651518)
Make sure you guys take a lot of vids of the meet-up and make us all jealous

You know it. I'll bring my camera fully charged and everything.

dAnceguy117 03-4-2012 09:29 PM

Bynary will be the event's paparazzi

oh wait I just realized I have a phone that can actually do things. I'ma take a bazillion pictures.