Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CVS is gonna stop selling cigarettes (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135320)

Pseudo Enigma 02-13-2014 09:34 PM

Re: CVS is gonna stop selling cigarettes

I'll hate on smokers because their vice gets in the way of other people's lives. If they had a vice that wasn't so harmful to others around them, then maybe I would hate them less. But then again, it's a vice for a reason. Fuck vices.

Don't condone that shit.

korny 02-13-2014 10:11 PM

50,000 people a year die from second hand smoke. PLENTY of reason to hate on cigarette smokers.

Snowcrafta 02-15-2014 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo702 (Post 4078826)
Snowcrafta just because of your signature, im gonna go learn that song on the guitar now lol

It's the next national anthem

Wafles 02-15-2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 4078890)
50,000 people a year die from second hand smoke. PLENTY of reason to hate on cigarette smokers.

You can pull statistics like this from a lot of places and for a lot of different things. You know how many people die indirectly from alcohol per year? What about the number of people for talking on the phone while driving?

You can't just rely in statistics like this as a basis for your arguments. You have to analyze every area of something and the consequences from it. If cigarettes weren't legal would all of our taxes go up? Cigarettes are extremely highly taxed and the government needs this income to do a lot of very beneficial things.

I only smoke on average 1 cigarette a month btw, but I'm just saying you can't make arguments like that and expect to be taken seriously.

Afrobean 02-15-2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoJaR (Post 4078498)
honestly cigarettes should not be legal.

Disagree.

If someone wants to do something stupid, they should be free to do that stupid thing. Even if it can kill them.

They should just only be allowed to be used in private residences or businesses which specifically want to allow them. Like alcohol. I don't know how people think it's appropriate to do that shit out in public like they do.

RB_Spirit 02-15-2014 07:36 AM

It's a horrible habit honestly. Can't really say what others should or shouldn't do, i'm just glad i kicked that habit.
Also is it me, or is menthol more addicting? x.x
I started with regular, but it seems as though once i switched to menthol my habit picked up a great deal more. Guess it's just a preference eh?
Honestly though i found it easy to quit, it's not hard,
so give it a try if you've been thinking about it. Then again i guess i can't say much, only smoked for 2 years. I'm sure there's a great deal of you that have been turning your lungs black longer. #Outlaw smoking
Jk, i wouldn't agree with banning it. Although i believe more restrictions should be applied.
You know, to prevent innocent people from dieng. Like, no smoking around angry lions. Shit will piss the lions off and they'll go ham on thousands of innocent civilians.

i love you 02-15-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

CVS is gonna stop selling cigarettes
This is great news. Smoking is a bad habit and I hate most cigarette smokers for getting into it in the first place. The people who bothers me the most though are the ones who are not considerate enough to at least smoke at designated areas or the ones who are too much of a dick to smoke at an area that clearly states "no smoking". You know who you are.

choof 02-15-2014 10:23 AM

a lot of people start smoking for legitimate reasons, whether you may think those reasons are legitimate or not

SKG_Scintill 02-15-2014 10:30 AM

I had a friend who started smoking to prove that stopping was easy.
Well... you fill in the gaps :|

i love you 02-15-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4078986)
a lot of people start smoking for legitimate reasons, whether you may think those reasons are legitimate or not

I said most smokers, not all.

rushyrulz 02-15-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4078943)
You can pull statistics like this from a lot of places and for a lot of different things. You know how many people die indirectly from alcohol per year? What about the number of people for talking on the phone while driving?

You can't just rely in statistics like this as a basis for your arguments. You have to analyze every area of something and the consequences from it. If cigarettes weren't legal would all of our taxes go up? Cigarettes are extremely highly taxed and the government needs this income to do a lot of very beneficial things.

I only smoke on average 1 cigarette a month btw, but I'm just saying you can't make arguments like that and expect to be taken seriously.

Drunk driving is completely illegal, while smoking is legal and encouraged. Do you see the problem now?

choof 02-15-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 4078988)
I said most smokers, not all.

i wasn't talking to you

Wafles 02-15-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4078989)
Drunk driving is completely illegal, while smoking is legal and encouraged. Do you see the problem now?

I didn't mention drunk driving.

Snowcrafta 02-15-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4078986)

I started because I was 19 and out of rum for the weekend and nobody was available to buy me more

rushyrulz 02-15-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4078997)
I didn't mention drunk driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4078943)
You know how many people die indirectly from alcohol per year?

kinda did..

Pseudo Enigma 02-15-2014 04:44 PM

I grew up in a house with two smokers. They smoked indoors and never opened a window, and there was almost always one person smoking at any time. This continued for at least 8 years. All my stuff smelled like cigarette smoke. I'm pretty sure it's had a permanent effect on my senses and physicality.

Since my mom quit 6 years ago and I don't live with my dad anymore, I don't have to smell that stuff any more. But when I do it makes me want to puke.

Fuck smokers. If you still smoke today, please stop. You look retarded.

mellonxcollie 02-15-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean (Post 4078950)
If someone wants to do something stupid, they should be free to do that stupid thing. Even if it can kill them.

They should just only be allowed to be used in private residences or businesses which specifically want to allow them. Like alcohol. I don't know how people think it's appropriate to do that shit out in public like they do.

Yupp. And as Pseudo Enigma has pointed out, there should probably be more restrictions about smoking around children, like they are doing in the UK where it will be illegal to smoke in a car with children present.

Wafles 02-16-2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4079115)
kinda did..

Then you miss-interpreted what I said.

Point is you can't just base your argument off of statistics. I'm not arguing one way or the other here I'm just pointing out a flawed reasoning.

Snowcrafta 02-16-2014 02:19 AM

Tobacco is a huge part of culture for hundreds of years.

Quigly 02-16-2014 10:45 AM

lmao buncha nerds in this thread