Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379)

hi19hi19 02-19-2012 08:46 PM

Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Ferguson (Post 3641382)
Finally got it after four straight hours of 1 or 2 goods :) And please tell me there's no more piano solo files after this round, the songs sound awesome but they're extremely hard for me to get good scores on.

They're extremely hard (or at least time consuming) to step as well, so no this is the only piano solo round in the tournament. I'd go crazy if I had to sync more of these >_<
Also, congrats on the the first D1 AAA! Impressive :)

reuben_tate 02-19-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3640864)
D3A are players that are basically good enough to compete with D4B but who I thought would have more trouble when D4 gets to the harder rounds (high FMO/low FGOs). If you would like to be moved up I can do that now, but I am not *that* worried about it. If anything, I would move middie and reuben down lol
For some reason nearly everyone from D3A is skillboosting into D4 recently which is making D3A kind of lonely >_<
:)

I wouldn't mind D4B or D3A since I feel like I'm a rather borderline player. I do have to say that frozenangel does have some pretty impressive scores (like a triple booflag on club) that warrants D4 status but some of his other scores on newer song releases simply don't match up so his consistency on being able to do well on FMO's is questionable. Also frozenangel has more VC AAA's than I do as well as tier points (but my lack of tier points is mostly caused by my ability not to FC anything, so that's not such a good argument, lol.) I feel like either frozenangel should be bumped up or I should be bumped down (although I'd prefer the former, I'm not here for a potentially easy win), unless you're willing to find levelstats that show otherwise. I'd still feel optimistic about D4b though, I'm hoping I can make a good comeback in the later rounds if I fall behind considering I tend to do decently well at FGO's.

hi19hi19 02-19-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3641388)
I wouldn't mind D4B or D3A since I feel like I'm a rather borderline player. I do have to say that frozenangel does have some pretty impressive scores (like a triple booflag on club) that warrants D4 status but some of his other scores on newer song releases simply don't match up so his consistency on being able to do well on FMO's is questionable. Also frozenangel has more VC AAA's than I do as well as tier points (but my lack of tier points is mostly caused by my ability not to FC anything, so that's not such a good argument, lol.) I feel like either frozenangel should be bumped up or I should be bumped down (although I'd prefer the former, I'm not here for a potentially easy win), unless you're willing to find levelstats that show otherwise. I'd still feel optimistic about D4b though, I'm hoping I can make a good comeback in the later rounds if I fall behind considering I tend to do decently well at FGO's.

Your speed at FGOs is what differentiated you from most of D3A. Like I said the majority of D3A is good enough to be in D4B at this point, but I thought they might have more trouble with the later rounds.
I actually originally had you as the "man to beat" in D3A but moved you up mostly so you could be with all your traditional rivals in D4B :P

justin_ator 02-19-2012 09:17 PM

;____________; RIP justin, can't do the jump/hand jacks towards the end.

SDG --> failure, every time.....

EDIT: Improved that score by 15 whopping points, not bothering posting it lmao.

Anaru 02-19-2012 09:55 PM

so glad i'm done with the d5 file

-_-a

hi19hi19 02-19-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaru (Post 3641446)
so glad i'm done with the d5 file

-_-a

<3 u too bby

Xx{Midnight}xX 02-19-2012 10:36 PM

I didn't think this chart would be this... Awkward I guess is the nice way to put it.
That boo is complete bs but whatever I'm still beating Ben.

Zakvvv666 02-19-2012 10:59 PM

You're not beating me though, so get to work.

Xx{Midnight}xX 02-19-2012 11:10 PM

Zak I'll get you later if i care to play that chart again -_-"

reuben_tate 02-19-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3641391)
Your speed at FGOs is what differentiated you from most of D3A. Like I said the majority of D3A is good enough to be in D4B at this point, but I thought they might have more trouble with the later rounds.
I actually originally had you as the "man to beat" in D3A but moved you up mostly so you could be with all your traditional rivals in D4B :P

Good point, I have a feeling D3A wouldn't be able to touch my FGO scores. :P And I'd love to stay with my rivals, even though they are currently beating me atm. >_>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3641498)
but whatever I'm still beating Ben.

For now. :razz: Those jumpgluts are nasty for me, so I probably won't be improving much if at all on this file. I'll come back for you in the later rounds. <3

sticklydude 02-20-2012 01:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sightread

might not have time to replay it. too much stuff going on.

Khenra 02-20-2012 06:39 AM

Is it true that I cannot control the frame offset in the Dossar Tournament engine? It's extremely annoying for me, as I play most of the regular songs on -1 offset :/

I put -1 offset there, but it just resets to 0 when I close the settings panel.

tofurox 02-20-2012 06:39 AM

Here is my good faith effort at both divisions songs. I got kinda lucky actually on this run here, though I did mash a small bit.

I've already played this file a bunch, but I could MAYBE get the AAA if I whored a bit more.

hi19hi19 02-20-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khenra (Post 3641642)
Is it true that I cannot control the frame offset in the Dossar Tournament engine? It's extremely annoying for me, as I play most of the regular songs on -1 offset :/

I put -1 offset there, but it just resets to 0 when I close the settings panel.

You need to hit the "set speed" button after changing the offset for it to stick.
Don't ask why, it's one of the peculiarities of FFR...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3641498)
I didn't think this chart would be this... Awkward I guess is the nice way to put it.
That boo is complete bs but whatever I'm still beating Ben.

If you were talking about the D5 file, okay fair enough I knew already it was awkward as hell. That was sort of the point.

But the D4 file? What are you finding awkward there? ._.
I found it to flow pretty nicely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofurox (Post 3641643)
Here is my good faith effort at both divisions songs.

Okay with those kind of results I would be glad to put you in D3.
I will actually put you in D3B, I think it was your fantastic low VC PA that initially prompted me to put you in D4, but after considering your recent scores you seem to have a lot of trouble with the higher VCs and FMOs.
Because this is really a speed tournament more than a PA tournament (at least in the lower divisions) I am fine with having you in D3B. If you wish to be in D3A though (perhaps you have a particular rival in that subflight?) just let me know.
Hopefully this tournament will help you improve your FMO speed too ^_^

My apologies on your initial placement, I tried my best to get everything just right but some things do slip through the cracks.

tofurox 02-20-2012 08:33 AM

This sounds pretty good :) Speed is my enemy. High VC's and FMO's are tough because I can't keep up with them. When I used to play index, there were a lot of strengths I had that are harder to master with spread. Though I realized indexes limitations and switched over pretty quickly. And yeah, hopefully my FMO speed will get better :) This tournament should be awesome!

_Zenith_ 02-20-2012 09:47 AM

Dropping out, Just posting this because EN wanted me to post.
Also, I'm dropping out because 1) I can't even play 12's let alone be a competitor to my division.
2) Suffering a terrible skill loss. And 3) There's just no hope in me of even being a "threat" to others.
And also, I'm most likely quitting FFR. I'm sick of ****ing trolls on here.

mrpreggers 02-20-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 3641693)
Also, I'm dropping out because 1) I can't even play 12's let alone be a competitor to my division.
2) Suffering a terrible skill loss. And 3) There's just no hope in me of even being a "threat" to others.

Seems a little dramatic.. what trolls are you talking about?

hi19hi19 02-20-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 3641693)

Seems a little dramatic... who is trolling you?

Also if you are really having trouble with 12s I could try putting you in D4A (though what with your Kidney Stone score I can't say I entirely think you have trouble with 12s :p)

yo man im awesome 02-20-2012 12:04 PM

I'm about to leave for my vacation, I'll be back sometime near the end of this week. I'll be able to post on the forums, but FFR the Game is a nono.

_Zenith_ 02-20-2012 01:17 PM

Chat trolls, PM Trolls, just people in general. People just seem to hate me, but anyways.
~Hi19, I am only good at certain 12's like FN and that KS was the luckiest run I've ever had, but I can't get any other 12s down. You saw the score :\ Do what you want