Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post your recent doodles/photos/artwork! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145909)

Spenner 05-24-2017 07:03 PM

Re: Doodle/Drawing thread

Yeah it didn't really turn out exactly as planned but owell.

Here's a wiggling thing.

And another isometric test shape thingy.

evanescence_death4ever 05-24-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4553287)
He's uguu 4u

Also here's a poke ball

Is he uguu 4me? Or 2uguu4me? Because I think he may be the latter =(

Spenner 05-25-2017 09:47 AM

Oh... Eva... his standards... are sky high... rip

Spenner 06-10-2017 02:15 PM

Just fidgeting in illustrator :D

Spenner 06-11-2017 05:53 PM

I have created anime

Tia- 06-11-2017 10:53 PM

posting without contribution

Spenner your work is all very aesthetic, I get a very organised vibe from it. Everything on this page before the animu gives me a kinda neo-futuristic impression. Something tells me you could go somewhere if you pursued a role as an architect, they're all very pleasing to the eye.

As for the animu, it's very nice to see you branch out and show the diversity of your talent by creating something less rigid and structured. It captured emotion and was well executed.

Bravo!

Edit: And after checking the earlier pages, I'm speechless. I hope this is a profession. Because it certainly should be. :D

Spenner 06-11-2017 11:16 PM

Thank you for the comment Tia- :) I'm pretty much just building my portfolio at the moment, but I'm very set on making a career with design. Funny you mention architecture, I'm a big fan of it, and I was a bit torn when having to choose it or graphic design for college. One day when I can afford a house I'll certainly be the mad scientist sketching up the blueprints.

Cheers! ^^

Spenner 06-18-2017 02:34 PM

Huge image, so I'll link to it instead-- but here's a worms armageddon "Trick Race" I built in illustrator.

http://www.wmdb.org/maps/32180-image...Trick_Race.png

Spenner 06-25-2017 02:44 PM

What is it? A bird, a plane, a snail, a fidget spinner...????

Celirra 06-25-2017 07:37 PM

Its cool to see how far your circles have come artistically, it started out so simple and now it's a droopy snail thing

Do you do any art that's more... squareular and 3d and less colourful by nature, kinda like your current avatar... still?

Spenner 06-25-2017 10:37 PM

I feel like I'm in a different phase of my artistic life. I'm embracing the elements of design in their raw and literal form much more than I used to-- in previous phases, I viewed building art the same way I'd build a drawing. I'd find shapes that are representative of what I want them to represent, add texture that looks stylish, and more rough/mechanical where possible, and pair it with surrealism first and foremost.

Now I'm kind of living in an internal world of order, form, and colour theory. The organic side of me is still there, but it's kind of lost in the realm of my drawings of the old.

I think a lot of it has to do with overcoming depression, when I think about it. That is largely a thing of the past, which hindered the scope of things I'd be able to reach (like colour and playful shapes).

I definitely think in terms of vast, labyrinth like structures when I'm feeling blue. Large mechanical voids still become the framework of my saddened soul when my mood starts to drop; I don't think the style of artwork will be gone for too long.

evanescence_death4ever 06-25-2017 11:31 PM

Eyo! The first thing I see is a snail but hmm...fidget spinner...hmmm.... =P

I saw this one on your FB and wanted to comment on how I enjoy the shapes but not the colors. I feel like it's silly to be so critical of something I wanted to be like, "I LOVE THIS!" but...hm! I could see it on a nice...hat...In fact~with the color scheme as it is now, the blue is quite like my Puma hat, I could imagine it being in place of the Puma jumping!

I know you choose colors not solely based on their appearance but through color theory and stuff (still blows my mind, dude--SO MUCH PAINT, SO LITTLE ABILITY TO SEE COLOR @_@)

Anywayyyyyyy. I'm actually glad I stumbled upon this on fiffer, too <3

evanescence_death4ever 06-26-2017 12:09 AM

writing in a new notebook.

Spenner 06-26-2017 02:55 PM

That opinion about the colouring is totally valid-- while I may select things based on colour theory, it by no means ensures it looks cool by default. Certain selections make sense for some reasons but they might nonetheless look silly :P

I love that page. Nice handwriting too yo.

EDIT: Vector traced an old drawing of mine

(colour permitting, I just put it there to see the transparent details better)

Spenner 06-27-2017 05:40 PM

Re: Post your recent doodles/photos/artwork!

Recently edited some old photos in a series

Wayward Vagabond 06-27-2017 10:30 PM

Whoa sick

Spenner 06-28-2017 09:40 PM

Decided to finally brand myself. So, here's a logo.

(Black and white for contrast-- may colour it later)

darkshark 07-1-2017 06:15 AM

Spenner, you're doing fantastic things. Keep it up. Hope you get clientele pouring your way.

Spenner 07-1-2017 09:24 AM

I appreciate it Darkshark :) good to hear from you. Working on that clientele bit right now actually.

Wayward Vagabond 07-1-2017 10:45 AM

i am actually a client