Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rhythm games on iOS/Android (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=138424)

CaptainAhab 08-4-2014 09:00 AM

Rhythm games on iOS/Android

I feel like there is the potential for a large market on tablets for rhythm games. I don't hear about them much if at all though. Is there any particular reason why none of them have really "taken off"? What is your experience with rhythm games on phones/tablets?

MarioNintendo 08-4-2014 09:26 AM

Re: Rhythm games on iOS/Android

Osu Stream is pretty good. Also, Tapmania is cool, because you can upload your own stepmania songs on your phone! (made a thread about it a while ago)

Elite Ninja 08-4-2014 09:44 AM

Yeah I enjoyed Osu Stream as well as others such as Cytus, Rhythm Control 2, and Tone Sphere. I'm stuck to using only an iphone to play them though so it's kinda hard but not impossible.

EtienneSM 08-4-2014 09:49 AM

Reflec beat's really fun, Jukebeat's kind of hard, but fun once you get into it. And ReRave is awesome to get into as well.

Tapmania's decent but don't expect to have good accuracy at all, really good for casual play though.

Edit: Oops, forgot about Cytus, it might be off-sync depending on what device you're using but on Android, you can change that I believe.

Gundam-Dude 08-4-2014 05:21 PM

technika Q

lurker 08-4-2014 06:13 PM

cross beats bitches
not that i play mobile games

Yulanik 08-4-2014 06:43 PM

Piano Tiles

Trumpet63 08-4-2014 08:06 PM

I find "Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game" to be pretty good, by Keripo. Like most of the rhythm games I've seen on Android they expect you to have your own songs/beatmaps.

Playing with thumbs is fairly enjoyable casually, but I mean, if I'm downloading songs that I remember playing on Stepmania, or that I indeed have on my computer, I really fail to see an advantage to a core player. It also pisses me off that my roommate is better at it than me, but I own him at full-on keyboard games.

Wayward Vagabond 08-4-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yulanik (Post 4177556)
Piano Tiles

Best game

rayword45 08-4-2014 09:37 PM

I enjoyed Groove Coaster which sadly doesn't exist on Android, and I'll also recommend ReRave.

That's about it for me.

BeatManiacGame 08-5-2014 02:30 AM

As a developer of Beat Maniac for Android i can say that this is mainly due to the fact that there are random/casual players that just find your game on the market. They don't know what to expect, and then rate one star just because the game is too difficult.. that hurts the game overall rating and makes it drop in all the listings.

I mean when you buy a dance mat you mostly know what you want to play..

Also there is a lot of crappy rhythm games on Android market so finding the right one requires some effort.. :)

xxXitsunexx 08-12-2014 03:07 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cytus or Deemo :(
These two are by far two of the best rhythm games on iOS/Android.
Other than that, o2jam U is also a great iOS/Android game. The only downside to this game is that you need a internet connection to play this game.

Jubeat is REALLY hard to master. Reflec beat is way to dodgy for me.
Therefore I recommend Cytus and Deemo :3

Elite Ninja 08-12-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxXitsunexx (Post 4181550)
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cytus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 4177292)
Yeah I enjoyed Osu Stream as well as others such as Cytus, Rhythm Control 2, and Tone Sphere. I'm stuck to using only an iphone to play them though so it's kinda hard but not impossible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtienneSM (Post 4177295)
Edit: Oops, forgot about Cytus, it might be off-sync depending on what device you're using but on Android, you can change that I believe.

It was mentioned twice.

ggsnipes 08-12-2014 09:29 PM

CROSSxBEATS is only good for soundtrack, gameplay is meh, but can get stupid. Reflec Beat is easy once you can read your own notes, but is trippy if you can't. Jubeat is easy as well, but arcade version is best :>.

O2Jam U is also a good game, Tone Sphere is in neverupdatingland, has good older songs, UFD expert 2hard4me. Cytus and Deemo are bit off sync, otherwise good tunes in there.

xxXitsunexx 08-18-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 4181607)
It was mentioned twice.

My bad, my eyes must've passed through the posts without scanning everything

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsnipes (Post 4181985)
Cytus and Deemo are bit off sync, otherwise good tunes in there.

I think that's really because there's a lot of ghost notes in a majority of the song charts lol

sickufully 08-28-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yulanik (Post 4177556)
Piano Tiles

This game kinda took off on the App store. It was in the top free apps for quite some time until other people started making copies of it with more game modes and way more features. It now sits around 100th or so but still has over 10 million players or so (just from looking at the highscores). Its not bad practice for hand-eye co-ordination but I play with my thumbs so the skill doesn't really transfer to FFR.

AND it doesn't require internets to play!

Either way, still my favourite rhythm game on iOS. Got some mad highscores too :)